Thread: Storm 3

Device(s)
    i600, a670
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Storm 3

Are there any rumors out there about a new Verizon touch screen Blackberry? I have had the original Storm going on 2 years now, and I'm thinking about buying a new Storm 2. However, I can hold out for a couple more months if there is a Storm 3 on the horizon. Seems like Verizon likes to release new phones in the fall or right before Christmas.

Feedback Score
    A Storm 3 is coming. When is anyone's guess. I have also heard conflicting rumors as to exactly what to expect from the device. Some have said that it might just be a Storm 2 refresh, in that it will have similar specs and design as the current model only with more RAM. Or perhaps they'll call that the Storm 2a and the Storm 3 will be a true successor. Release dates and specs will fluctuate like the stock market, so stay tuned.

Device(s)
    BB Storm2 9550 (Storm 9530 sold)
    Carrier(s)
    Big Red
    Feedback Score
    Confirmed Storm 2 reflash. You might want to wait because the Storm 2 original will not support OS 6.0. Not enough memory

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanch0 View Post
    Confirmed Storm 2 reflash.
    Confirmed by?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Curve 3G 9330(me)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yes it is confirmed that there is a new "Storm" phone coming out very soon. It is not 100% certain but I personally doubt that it is the Storm3.

The slide that was released a few weeks ago says Odin Refresh...we know that the Storm2 was the Odin. We also know that the Storm2 cannot handle BB OS6 (or at least big V doesn't want it on it). This gives better reason to think that the new Storm coming out is simply a revamped Storm2 for OS6.

REGARDLESS, you should wait a little while and get either the Storm2 refresh or Storm3. Even if it is only a Storm2 refresh I think it would be a worthy investment over the first generation Storm.

check this link:
    http://crackberry.com/rumored-devices

Device(s)
    i600, a670
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I started this thread back in August, and now it's November and I have about given up on Verizon releasing a new version of the Storm. I'm thinking about switching to the Droid, however, my entire firm uses the Blackberry Enterprise email system. Can I seamlessly get my emails using anything other than a Blackberry? I have to reliably get my emails like I do with the Blackberry or I can't switch to anything else.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenlee View Post
    Can I seamlessly get my emails using anything other than a Blackberry?
    If it's exchange, Hotmail, or GMail, then definitely.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Storm2
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    You must not be reading in the right places. Storm 3 is coming. Leaks are said to be coming in a matter of weeks. Supposedly 1 GHz and thinner than the jesus phone.

Device(s)
    G'zone Rock
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Hope it comes out in the next two weeks
    LP Engine 42

Device(s)
    BB 9810 is primary
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Hasn't even been announced by RIM or a carrier yet, I doubt we will see it any time soon. Haven't seen anything on the FCC site either.

Check the new Droid Pro. Supposedly a pretty nice, Blackberry-like device.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Sorry I haven't kept you guys updated..I thought this Storm sub-forum was dead.

The Storm 2 refresh that was supposed to be released last month was indeed a Storm 3.

Verizon was fed up with the Storm's lack of profits and with all the new android phones out, they canceled the storm 3 that was due last month.

The only difference between the Storm 2 and Storm 3 was the increase in RAM and ROM memory, and an upgraded camera. Verizon was especially disappointed that there wasn't enough of an upgrade in hardware given the 2 year span, considering the fact that the Storm 3 would still indeed be VERY similar to the Storm 1, same CPU even.

I understand that most BBs that are released are just simply refreshes ANYWAY, I mean look at the difference between the 9630 tour and 9650 bold..same everything, even the same camera and CPU. Just upgraded memory, added wi-fi, and changed trackball to trackpad. Well, providers don't care that much about the standard looking BBs since those are sellers and they still have a fanbase and market (although it is dwindling now). But the Storm has left a sour taste in almost everybody's mouths and with android taking the full-screen smartphone market away from verizon, they have no reason to waste time on simply slightly upgraded phones.

Until RIM puts some SERIOUS hardware updates in the next Storm, you will never see another Storm again. There is indeed another prototype out there with a completely different bodystyle that may be released mid-to-late next year and be advertised as the Storm 3 (or perhaps start a whole new series to make it better sounding?). It will almost definitely NOT have SurePress technology, and lets all hope it has upgraded CPUs, as the one thats in ALL the CDMA and GSM high end models is getting quite old and slow IMO..

(PS, the GSMs: bold 9000, 9700, 9780, and torch 9800 ALL have the same processor thats over a couple years old, the CDMAs: storm1, storm2, tour 9630, bold 9650, and style 9670 all have the same processor thats also over a couple years old. Now, compare that to the rate that we've seen android devices come out with improved CPUs.)

source: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-sto...celled-verizon
    http://crackberry.com/rumored-devices
    I'm sure you can find a lot more, this is somewhat old news.

Device(s)
    Moto Q retired
    Feedback Score
    Off topic but went from the Storm to a Droid Pro since I wanted a keyboard plus touchscreen. The Droid Pro is far more capable than the Storm in nearly every respect. I now have very FAST and SUCCESSFUL web browsing. On the Storm I had to wait almost a minute to find out nothing was going to appear half the time. And I can answer my work emails faster without all the typos. The apps are also a big plus. Battery life is not great on the Droid Pro but that is the only negative I've expereinced in 2 weeks of use. I could never go back. Too bad BB has not kept up.