Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Buyers Remorse on iphones *Rogers Plus*

Device(s)
    Nokia N95-4,HTC Touch, HTC S621, NOKIA E65, Nokia E61, Audiovox SMT5600, Nokia 6682
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Buyers Remorse on iphones *Rogers Plus*

I have spoken to 2 managers and I was told that buyers remorse can't be performed if the iphone is defective.

This sounds not...cougg cough...not right

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    As long as you can get a ticket or case from Tech Support deeming the device is defective, there's no liquid or physical damage, you have the original packaging, all accessories and it's under 15 days with < 30 mins of airtime used (network time for activations) you should be able to cancel the contract under Buyers Remorse. If this was done at a store then ask for the Area Manager or escalate to the Office of the President online at rogers.com (Support).

Device(s)
    Nokia N95-4,HTC Touch, HTC S621, NOKIA E65, Nokia E61, Audiovox SMT5600, Nokia 6682
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    What will the store do with the phone? Can they still send the phone back to dc to get credit for it? retailweb says stores can't send iPhones back to dc or else it gets sent right back to the store. That's the whole reason why they don't want me to cancel my hup.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    ALL DEFECTIVE PHONES MUST NOT BE RETURNED AT ROGERS PLUS / FIDO STORES.

ALL DEFECTIVE PHONES MUST BE TAKEN TO APPLE BY THE CUSTOMER IF THEY WANT AN EXCHANGE.

ALL DEFECTIVE PHONES MUST BE SENT BACK TO ROGERS VIA 611 IF THEY WANT TO CANCEL THE SERVICE / RETURN THE PHONE UNDER BUYER'S PREFERECE OR REMORSE.

IF A ROGERS PLUS OR FIDO IGNORES THIS, IT WILL BE REJECTED BY DC.

Sorry for the CAPS, but a point has to be made. The managers are correct.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC View Post
    ALL DEFECTIVE PHONES MUST NOT BE RETURNED AT ROGERS PLUS / FIDO STORES.

ALL DEFECTIVE PHONES MUST BE SENT BACK TO ROGERS VIA 611 IF THEY WANT TO CANCEL THE SERVICE / RETURN THE PHONE UNDER BUYER'S PREFERECE OR REMORSE.
    This is the answer I was looking for, but it doesn't say that anywhere on retailweb.

I would like to know where you get this info from.

Thanks

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It's in RetailWeb from what I remember (haven't worked @ Rogers since March). It's a big chart with all device types and return conditions.

Your Operational Efficiency Manager should be able to send you a copy of the chart for your records if you'd like...not naming names for Privacy Reasons

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I stand corrected.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    You can only return an iPhone as an Out of Box Failure but for that to happen, the phone can never be activated on anyone's account. If the IMEI was registered on someone's account and you filled in the triage as out of box failure than DC will charge you (or not credit the store).

Also, even if the customer leaves the store and comes back in 2 minutes with a noticeable defective issue with the phone, the store CANNOT take it back and the customer MUST call tech support to get a replacement (probably refurbished) or like mentioned above, go to an Apple store and get an Over The Counter exchange (which is probably refurbished too). Totally sucks but it's Apples Rules I believe?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    The thing is though, the contract states you can return it within the standard return policy. It doesn't mention anything about specific devices. Maybe reword the return policy on the contract?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    A couple different things are being talked about here:

1. If the phone IS defective then you can NOT return it.

2. If the phone is NOT defective then you CAN return it.

Seems kinda bass ackwards but it actually makes sense.

Device(s)
    HTC Dream
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    This is actually frustrating. Originally we were told not to break the shrink wrap until everything is paid for. Now we have to unbrick the iphone BEFORE we hit submit and activate the sim card. Old habits die hard and with the lite activation process I find myself activating before unbricking just out of the process inertia. Had an issue with an accelerometer being stuck right after we handed the phone to the customer (safari always switched to landscape). There is no way I'm going let a customer walk away with a broken phone no matter what the official procedure is, we all love c-sat. The work around I got from my head office (I'm working for a dealer) is to use buyers remorse in the equipment change. This makes the system think that the IMEI was returned and is perfectly good and then you can classify it as an OOB failure.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It can't be an OOB Failure if its been registered to an account. If you send it back to the warehouse and they see the IMEI registered they will just charge your store.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I should add that OOB Failure (DOA) rules are the same for all phones...once a phone has been registered in Sales Central, it can no longer be OOB / DOA. However, for most other phones, one can simply return it as defective and send it back to the warehouse...but thanks to Apple, the iPhone has special rules as stated above.

Device(s)
    HTC Dream
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I think that if the phone is returned and the buyers preference option is used in sales central (which is only avail within the buyers remorse period) it takes it out of sales central and treats the IMEI as a new unregistered phone. At least for us non-corporate dealers that's the only option we can use if we want to be able to get our subsidy when re-selling the phone to another customer.

That's what my head office told me when I had a DOA iphone and I chose the wrong option in equipment change.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I still think they should state that in the contract. Contract should override store policy imo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast