Thread: Problems with touch tones

Device(s)
    Nexus One Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Problems with touch tones

Anyone else having trouble with the touch tones not registering? I've had several instances where you need to use the keypad to enter '1' to leave a message or similar and it doesn't work. Very frustrating.

Feedback Score
    Earlier N1s had a problem with the capacitance pad registering too high on hard reset. If you hit all buttons high they will work pretty well.

This is a warranty issue. They will replace the phone for it. Did mine. Do it before one year is up.

Device(s)
    Nexus One Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantumstate View Post
    Earlier N1s had a problem with the capacitance pad registering too high on hard reset. If you hit all buttons high they will work pretty well.

This is a warranty issue. They will replace the phone for it. Did mine. Do it before one year is up.
    Thanks for that. I bought mine on the day of release. I'll try the warranty route and see what happens.

Device(s)
    Nexus One Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantumstate View Post

Just off the phone with HTC warranty repair. The rep I spoke with said he's never heard of the issue but did offer to send me a refurb replacement. I guess i'm going to do that. I'm not to keen on having a hold on my credit card for $529 but sounds like standard practice. The hold is removed and my card is not charged once they get my phone back. Did this fix the issue for you? Was your replacement a refurb? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I just returned the old one today, so still have the hold. It took 5 days for them to 'overnight' the phone to me. The new phone has a newer serial# and is better than the old as far as sensitivity. Can't tell if it's a refurb, but it's acceptable.

I used the one-touch root app, and had hell installing Amon Ra, but figured it out.