Thread: Differences in Android 2.1 on the HTC Hero and the Samsung Intercept

763/952/651/612 Twin Cities MN god bless the USA
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score

Differences in Android 2.1 on the HTC Hero and the Samsung Intercept

I am getting a phone upgrade in November from Sprint, and I am currently at odds between the hero and the intercept and I am wondering what interface dfferences are there considering the hero has Sense UI and the other doesn't.

My apologies if I put this in the wrong area.

Tim G. Horton
    P.S. Please no flame / post wars

Tim G. Horton

Device(s)
    Nexus One, Droid Incredible, HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S
    Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO Pacific (HSDPA);
    Feedback Score
    Unlike other Samsungs, the Intercept actually uses the raw Android 2.1 interface. Its pure, stock, generic Android. The only thing that looks Sammy there is their trademark wall paper.
    I am @guamguy on Twitter.

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Nokia E71: Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/5.0.19692/19.916; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

Sorry to hijack this thread but I feel my question does not warrant a new thread. But I was wondering what the advantages are of raw generic Android (whether its 2.1 or 2.2). Is it just different looking theme?

Feedback Score
    i had a behold 2 so it was interesting to see the moment and intercept without touchwiz on it. the moment and the hero were side by side and everything was the same outside of the sense. i didnt care for the intercept at all, screen was noticebly smaller then the moment and hero (reminds me of the rumor touch). as much as i thought that pink was so cute (i also has the org behold in pink) i didnt like it with that sketched stuff on the back..wait now that i think about it the guy didnt even bring a grey one out for me to see, lol.

i seen on a couple of reviews that because of the screen on the intercept swype will not work. if i had that phone im sure i wouldnt use the keyboard much, but that was a bit of a turn off for me as well.

Device(s)
    Nexus One, Droid Incredible, HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S
    Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO Pacific (HSDPA);
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by I has a phone View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Nokia E71: Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/5.0.19692/19.916; U; en) Presto/2.5.25)

Sorry to hijack this thread but I feel my question does not warrant a new thread. But I was wondering what the advantages are of raw generic Android (whether its 2.1 or 2.2). Is it just different looking theme?

Being generic, its not as feature filled as HTC Sense. Partly it has a different theme, partly you got a different group of widgets, partly many of the stock apps are changed and modified as well. But most purists prefer the minimal simplicity of having the basic Android and it does have the least overhead in terms of memory footprint. Its also likely easier to be upgraded later and in my experience and the UI is more reliable.