Thread: awful customer service?

Feedback Score

Question awful customer service?

I lost a trafone and called the deactivate the phone and kept the minutes left in the old phone. I got a new trafone a few days ago and called to transfer the minutes from the old phone to the new one.

I was on phone for 1 hour 40 minutes while the rep asked me the same information (old and new serial number, new phone number, new SIM number, zip code I activated the phone and my zip code I'm in now) repeatedly for more than 10 times. Just to tell me that the SIM isn't compatible with the location I'm located now that I have to transfer the minutes from where I activated the phone (my home) at the end after waiting for so long.

Does that sound right? Are they trying to make it hard to transfer minutes from a lost phone?

Thanks,

Feedback Score
    You can't call regular CS. They can't do anything more complicated than adding a card. You have to call Miami CS 1-800-876-5753 weekdays business hours. Sometimes you get forwarded to another CS, but it has been a decent one in my experience.

Device(s)
    SAM T404g
    Carrier(s)
    T-MO/TRAC/VZ
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wfz View Post
    I
    I was on phone for 1 hour 40 minutes while the rep asked me the same information (old and new serial number, new phone number, new SIM number, zip code I activated the phone and my zip code I'm in now) repeatedly for more than 10 times.

Thanks,
    This is typical. Its not just you. I was astounded when I first called CS last year and all the follow-up calls I made since then. I asked "Why do you keep asking the same thing over and over"? Their response "In case anything had changed". How can this information change during one phone call. I kept getting put on hold while they talked to the tech people. I asked for a direct number to more efficently explain the problem to tech department. Their response "The tech people don't have phones or phone numbers". This was before I knew about Executive Resolutions and Corporate office.

Feedback Score
    There's also CS support on their Facebook pages, fyi.

Device(s)
    Moto E815, W766, LG A340, etc...
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, PagePlus Cellular, PureTalk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wfz View Post
    I lost a trafone and called the deactivate the phone and kept the minutes left in the old phone. I got a new trafone a few days ago and called to transfer the minutes from the old phone to the new one.

I was on phone for 1 hour 40 minutes while the rep asked me the same information (old and new serial number, new phone number, new SIM number, zip code I activated the phone and my zip code I'm in now) repeatedly for more than 10 times. Just to tell me that the SIM isn't compatible with the location I'm located now that I have to transfer the minutes from where I activated the phone (my home) at the end after waiting for so long.

Does that sound right? Are they trying to make it hard to transfer minutes from a lost phone?

Thanks,
    Sure! It sounds NORMAL for the jerks who work for Tracfone!

I had them LIE REPEATEDLY to me this week, and this was Executive Resolutions (E.R. or Corporate Office), too!

The LG 3280 refurbished (CDMA) phone I purchased from TF recently has failed to hold a charge for more than 12 hours on standby only. The first TF rep. sent me a new battery. Actually two batteries, but the FEDEX package for the first (alleged) battery never arrived. Same problem with the new battery; 12 hour or less charge, despite phone showing four (4) battery bars upon charger disconnection (over night charge).

So back to Exec. Resolutions. They took about the same amount of time as usual - the better part of one hour of asking the same questions over and over, putting me on hold, et cetera. Finally they agreed to send me a new phone.

What I received was NOT another LG 3280, however. They downgraded my phone to the LG 220c.

I called them again, staying with what I consider a retarded social drop out for the usual one hour, and he first said the phone was being phased out; then he said the LG 3280 would NOT work in the area I am moving to next month. I politely explained to him that I had ALREADY used the phone in that primarily CDMA area and knew that it worked better than my AT&T cell!

Then he changed his story again and said the phone wasn't available. I explained that it was still being offered on their website in two CDMA only areas! He reluctantly agreed to "escalate" my request to get it taken care of. I received a call in one day from "someone" at TF telling me on my message machine that the phone is no longer available. Another liar! It is still offered on their website tonight (16 Sept. 2010) on ZIP 95445 and 95437.

Perhaps I should just order a new one using a CC and then reverse the charges? Knowing dishonest Slim, they will probably deactivate the phone!

I believe that since TF has expanded their E.R. hours ('til 10 pm ET) and days (7 days/week), their E.R. reps are loosers, just like the normal CSRs. UGH!
    Cheers.
    Mike
    Last edited by MountainMike; 09-17-2010 at 12:40 AM. Reason: better wording
    Please run a "SEARCH" before posting your question!

Feedback Score
    Large text on purpose? Unnecessary.

Feedback Score
    Yes, it would certainly be "dishonest" of TF to deactivate a phone you agreed to purchase and then reversed charges for. Just like all these "dishonest" banks reposessing and foreclosing when people don't pay their bills.

I do like that you edited for "better wording" and still managed to misspell "losers". At least I assume it was "losers", as I don't know what a "looser" is.

Carrier(s)
    PPC - Trac
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by One2gofst View Post
    as I don't know what a "looser" is.
    Looser is the opposite of "tighter"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 25jive1 View Post
    Looser is the opposite of "tighter"
    I know what "looser" is as an adjective. However I do not know what "a looser" is as a noun as used by the PP in this sentence

I believe that since TF has expanded their E.R. hours ('til 10 pm ET) and days (7 days/week), their E.R. reps are loosers, just like the normal CSRs.