Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Feedback Score

Any chance for a non touch screen iPhone?

Hey guys,
    Honestly, when I first saw the iPhone I hated it, I didn't believe it will be such a huge success.
    The thing is that I see more and more iPhones around me all the time but I still prefer my Nokia (today with a E71), I don't want an iPhone as I just can't get used to the touch screen, I just really don't like the touch screen, really I don't.
    The apps, the apps are amazing, I used a few and even helped creating one at work, of course I tested a lot with the iPhone itself through the process and still - I just don't like the touch screen.

So, do you think there's a chance that we'll see one day an iPhone with all the usual options and characteristics but with normal buttons? or am I dreaming?
    www.TravelToForum.com
    World Travel Community

Book Flights, Hotels, Cruises

Phone
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    Fido, RedPocket, Kolbi
    Feedback Score
    dreaming. apple will not give up screen real estate for a hardware keyboard and they don't do "sliders."

the defining feature of iphone is the best touch screen implementation to date.
    Current arsenal: iPhone 5S 16GB / 13" Retina Macbook Pro 2.5ghz 8GB ram / iPad 2 WIFI 16GB / Apple TV 2 / Slingbox Solo / Acer Aspire Z5610 touchscreen all-in-one / Acer Aspire netbook

Fallen soldiers: iPhone 5 16GB / iPhone 4S 16GB / iPhone 4 16GB / iPhone 3G 8GB / BlackBerry Pearl 8100 / Motorola L6 SLVR / Nokia 5190, 3390, 8390, 3220 / Ericsson T18z / Mitsubishi G310 / Motorola C333 / Sony Ericsson T237

Phone
    iPhone 4S 64GB Black
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't see them changing for a long time. If ever.

Feedback Score
    People still use nokia. Lol
    Sent from my super iPhone 4

Phone
    IPhone X Plus
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by igal View Post
    So, do you think there's a chance that we'll see one day an iPhone with all the usual options and characteristics but with normal buttons? or am I dreaming?
    Nope. And I suspect that you will see fewer and fewer phones of any sort with "normal buttons" as time goes on. Either stay with an older phone or accept touchscreen.

And I hated the first touch screen I tried (Storm II). The second (Droid) was somewhat better but I went back to a phone with "normal buttons" (Tour) after a couple of months. But I decided to give the iPhone a try and it is absolutely wonderful. Took me about 30 seconds to get over missing the keyboard even though I wondered how I would adapt to the touchscreen. Not saying you'll like it any better than you do now but not all touchscreens are created equal.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    They moved forward with technology in 2007 with the keyboardless iPhone... I see no reason why they should reverse technology and degrade the device just because people dont want to adopt the new stuff....

Fortunately for you there are some phones which haven't moved forward yet like the droid 2 and have a physical keyboard

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TXLady View Post
    Nope. And I suspect that you will see fewer and fewer phones of any sort with "normal buttons" as time goes on. Either stay with an older phone or accept touchscreen.

And I hated the first touch screen I tried (Storm II). The second (Droid) was somewhat better but I went back to a phone with "normal buttons" (Tour) after a couple of months. But I decided to give the iPhone a try and it is absolutely wonderful. Took me about 30 seconds to get over missing the keyboard even though I wondered how I would adapt to the touchscreen. Not saying you'll like it any better than you do now but not all touchscreens are created equal.
    Great post. This is the real difference between the phones, not all touch screens are the same, Apple really nailed it with the iPhone. Its very fast and easy to use, where as competitors can sometimes be complicated with a sluggish and sketchy touchscreen

Carrier
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iphonechamp404 View Post
    Thanks for trolling.

To OP, yeah, an iPhone with a keyboard won't be happening anytime soon. I'm in the same boat as you in the sense that I like physical keyboards a lot more. I used to hate the iPhone keyboard back when I had a 3G and 3GS.... but when I started using other virtual keyboards... I realized just how good the iPhone keyboard is. The advantage of Android phones, for instance, is that you can download multiple keyboards. I did that and it improved... but not enough. I thought it was great until I used my father's iphone 4 for a bit and it made me hate what I was using. I appreciate the iPhone keyboard when it comes to virtual keyboards... it still is arguably the best. I thought the extra screen real estate of 4"+ phones would help, but I still found it easier to use the iPhone keyboard even with large hands/fingers.

Phone
    iphone G3s
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Some people just don't like the touch screen...period. I love my iphone but my sister hates a touch screen and went back too her BB.
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pourme

I still use turn signals.....

Phone
    iPhone 8925
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Not in 2010 or 2011.

Maybe carry a BB Torch 9800, cheap too.

Phone
    Blackberry Bold 9780
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    The iPhone's virtual keyboard is fantastic. I even really enjoyed it when they didn't have the landscape mode.

I now use a Milestone though and I enjoy the virtual keyboard on this one as well, but like having the option. Like right now, to post this, I am using the physical keyboard.

I don't see why Apple should release a different phone, such as a 'regular' phone. I don't see many people wanting it, and how would it even work? The stuff people like about the iPhone would pretty much be taken away from it. The phone is popular as-is.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Phone
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Morphing touch screen, on screen keyboard will make the surface popped up like a key about 1-2mm from the surface just to have a feel of it (a bump). I read that somewhere.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iphonechamp404 View Post
    Ohh Yeah!

Thanks for your replies, I got the picture.
    So this is just me way behind I guess. As with anything else in life I guess I would be able to get used to it eventually.. its just that some people don't like touchscreens, as ncintimafan said.

Joelle it's true that the iPhone will pretty much "lose it" without the touchscreen when I think about it. I was just somewhere hoping that Apple will release another version just for old fashioned guys like me

Phone
    xxx
    Carrier
    xxx
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The only issue I have w/ the touch screen is when it's cold out, you're wearing gloves, and a call comes in. Can't answer. Have to remove my warm fingers to do so. With the exception of buying one of those "special" conductive finger gloves, does anyone know if the home button can be programmed to answer a call?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blackraven View Post
    The only issue I have w/ the touch screen is when it's cold out, you're wearing gloves, and a call comes in. Can't answer. Have to remove my warm fingers to do so. With the exception of buying one of those "special" conductive finger gloves, does anyone know if the home button can be programmed to answer a call?
    If you can program iPhone to do anything, so all you have to do is to find a programmer
    It's so fast, it burnsssss!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast