Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Phone
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Physical buttons?? Sounds like DE-volving to me. I wish every thing in my life was touch screen, and HD.

Phone
    iPhone 5 (64 GB) White
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    it wouldn't be an iphone if it was non-touch.

Feedback Score
    I know it won't be an iPhone without a touch screen. I actually talked with a few people about it recently and I'm not the only one who hates the touch screen.
    I just wish that I could get the same apps (and I sure don't need all of them) in a different phone, I honestly think its big and clumsy. A few buttons would help

Well I guess that this is it and I'll just have to get used to it.
    www.TravelToForum.com
    World Travel Community

Book Flights, Hotels, Cruises

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    No chance of getting an iPhone developed with a keypad. There are already wireless accessories such as external keyboards available.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Phone
    iPhone 8925
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Big and clumsy compared to an E71 ?
    The iPhone could get smaller, may even loose its home button.
    Think iPod classic moving toward a Nano 2x4 candy bar format.
    I would not wait for the phone to sprout plastic pimples an apps to be rewritten toward a mechanical UI.

Phone
    nokia N75
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Azn Kenny View Post
    Physical buttons?? Sounds like DE-volving to me. I wish every thing in my life was touch screen, and HD.
    Indeed, I now want to be able to pinch to telescope on my MacBook. But I do wish Apple would expand the line a little. This is my first non Nokia device and I was won over the first week in ease of use. (although it can be confusing because it is so simple) I do wish Apple would make more versions of devices. While my iphone4 is an elegant gentleman's personal device for a gentleman, I would like the contractor's version. Honestly, I could use an ipad that made calls. Audio through bluetooth only, and big screen and keys for when I need to type and navigate. Sim swapping for a different "going out" phone that fits lightly in the pocket. The iphone4 weighs so much it pulls my pants down. Not to mention the danger of having it slopping around in a pocket that you can slam against something at any time. I am just waiting to leave it somewhere because I constantly take it out of my pocket. A device this heavy should not be this delicate.

Feedback Score
    There are millions of people who still like the feel of a physical button. My own wife just hates touch phones. She's always accidentally hitting the wrong virtual button

It's like with high end remote controls. They all have programmable buttons, not touchscreens. Why? Because any man worth his chromosones knows every physical button on his remote by touch and how to use them without a glance.

(For myself, I think that all phones should have physical Send/End buttons. It's ridiculous to have to look down to answer or hang up. For the same reason all phones have physical volume controls.)

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blackraven View Post
    The only issue I have w/ the touch screen is when it's cold out, you're wearing gloves, and a call comes in. Can't answer. Have to remove my warm fingers to do so. With the exception of buying one of those "special" conductive finger gloves, does anyone know if the home button can be programmed to answer a call?
    Well have you tried using a headset/headphones? You can either answer it at the push of a button or getting a Motorola Flip headset you can just keep it on your pocket and open it to automatically connect and answer your call when it comes in, I suppose.

Also, to the Original Poster, it seems like you might be better off with a Blackberry Torch. It has the physical keyboard, plus the navigation pad in addition to the touch screen, so you get everything you could ever want in hardware.

Carrier
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gdart View Post
    A device this heavy should not be this delicate.
    Am I out of the ordinary for thinking the iPhone 4 isn't heavy? I think it's a perfect weight.

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by igal View Post
    Hey guys,
    Honestly, when I first saw the iPhone I hated it, I didn't believe it will be such a huge success.
    The thing is that I see more and more iPhones around me all the time but I still prefer my Nokia (today with a E71), I don't want an iPhone as I just can't get used to the touch screen, I just really don't like the touch screen, really I don't.
    The apps, the apps are amazing, I used a few and even helped creating one at work, of course I tested a lot with the iPhone itself through the process and still - I just don't like the touch screen.

So, do you think there's a chance that we'll see one day an iPhone with all the usual options and characteristics but with normal buttons? or am I dreaming?
    This would go against everything Apple. They decide how a phone should work and you adapt to that. never the other way around

Phone
    iPhone 4S 64GB Black
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwindexe View Post
    Am I out of the ordinary for thinking the iPhone 4 isn't heavy? I think it's a perfect weight.
    Nope your not alone at all. I think the wright is perfect. It's the most solid feeling phone I've ever owned.

Phone
    nokia N75
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    My point about weight and delicacy is related to being a pocket-able device. It's heavy in a pants pocket and subject to damage.
    So I want the sport version. Something I don't have to feel so careful of. But in use, in hand, the weight is perfect. Maybe I should try a
    belt case? Would it make me feel like Howie Mandel?

Phone
    Motorola Atrix HD Maxx / iPhone 5 (backup)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adroypaul View Post
    Fortunately for you there are some phones which haven't moved forward yet like the droid 2 and have a physical fingerboard
    I just switched to the milestone 2 and love having a physical keyboard. Typing it a lot easier and it is great to have a choice whether to use the physical keyboard or touch screen.

Touch screens can be useful, but a physical keyboard it much easier to type on with out looking. Touch screens are cooler, but personally physical are much more useful for me. There is a reason why desktop keyboard and remote controls are not all touch sensitive yet.
    Seems like it is cool to have these in your sig?

Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gdart View Post
    My point about weight and delicacy is related to being a pocket-able device. It's heavy in a pants pocket and subject to damage.
    So I want the sport version. Something I don't have to feel so careful of. But in use, in hand, the weight is perfect. Maybe I should try a
    belt case? Would it make me feel like Howie Mandel?
    Sorry, but I just don't see the problem here. The iPhone only weighs 4.8 ounces. Other smart phones weigh more than that (the Droid weighs 6 ounces for example). Heck my keys and my watch both weigh more (admittedly, it's a heavy watch). If your pants are falling down then maybe you should do what everyone else does and either buy smaller pants or wear a belt. As for being concerned about it being damaged in your pockets, there are plenty of quality cases out there that can help with that situation. There's also nothing stopping you from taking the SIM out and putting into a cheaper phone for those times when you think you may need some extra durability.

To the OP, wondering if Apple will ever sell an iPhone with a keyboard is like wondering if The Gap will ever sell t-shirts that fit the average American. That's just not who they are, and expecting any different is nothing more than an exercise in frustration. I honestly think Apple would exit the cell phone industry entirely before they sold a phone with a keyboard. Thankfully there a lots of good options available other than the iPhone. If you want apps then take a look at the Android phones. They pull closer and closer to rivaling the iPhone ecosystem every single day.

Feedback Score
    I hope its fine to reply on an old thread, I just felt like I must say it out loud
    I bought the iPhone 4 two weeks ago after a few friends convinced me to.. and I'm thrilled !!
    I can actually say that I'm almost completely OK with the touch screen, emails, internet - awesome !
    In the end its just a matter of getting used to it, I admit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast