Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Phone
    iPhone SE
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blackraven View Post
    The only issue I have w/ the touch screen is when it's cold out, you're wearing gloves, and a call comes in. Can't answer. Have to remove my warm fingers to do so. With the exception of buying one of those "special" conductive finger gloves, does anyone know if the home button can be programmed to answer a call?
    If you have thick gloves there's not much you can do about it. But some gloves will work the iPhone screen if they are slightly humid because they become conductive with your fingers when humid.
    I DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE....SORRY

Phone
    iPhone 4S 16GB
    Carrier
    StraightTalk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I held off on the iPhone when it first came out because of the touch screen. I got the 3G and it took me all of 60 seconds to fall in love with it and get used to the touch screen. If you live in Alaska where you have gloves on all year long, then maybe a iPhone is not for you. Other than that, just give it a chance and you will see how nice the touch screen is and how well it works.
    iPhone 4 running on StraightTalk Wireless 3G (AT&T MVNO)

Time Warner Cable (Home ISP)
    [/URL]

Phone
    iPhone 4S 64GB Black
    Carrier
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I got a pair of glider gloves for Christmas and they work great. One of the best gifts I've ever gotten.

Phone
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blackraven View Post
    The only issue I have w/ the touch screen is when it's cold out, you're wearing gloves, and a call comes in. Can't answer. Have to remove my warm fingers to do so. With the exception of buying one of those "special" conductive finger gloves, does anyone know if the home button can be programmed to answer a call?
    You can convert any gloves into conductive. There is a special type of string you can buy for cheap and just sew a couple rounds back and forth on your gloves and it will work just fine. Do a google search for "make your own iphone gloves" or something.

Feedback Score
    I don't think it will ever happen actually... It's not like this idea is not something they haven't yet seen from other manufacturers and would have made one if they really wanted to. I really guess not and I would be more inclined to the idea of holograms in the future maybe

Phone
    Motorola Atrix HD Maxx / iPhone 5 (backup)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    iPhone.Pro sounds like it is being tested with a hardware keyboard. Who knows if it will ever see the light of day.
    Seems like it is cool to have these in your sig?

Feedback Score
    My wife also hates touch screen phones. Seems like she's always accidentally hitting something and falling into an app or mode.

She also is bad with cursors, trackballs and deep menus. She needs immediate access and simplicity.

I would love to find her a big non-touch screen phone with buttons along the side of the screen that can be dedicated to starting functions like email, text, weather. Think programmable remote control with buttons beside an LCD display.

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    When I got my first smart phone I was looking to see if some HTC phone would come out soon. the touch 2 maybe? not sure because I never got. but I didnt think I would like the touch screen.

now that I have had iphones for 3ish years I have lots of trouble with blackberries. I keep trying to touch the screen for one and I find the buttons to be super tiny and hard to press.

I imagine if I had to I could get used to a BB same as I got used to the touch screen.

Phone
    LG V30; iPhone X
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mandrsn1 View Post
    iPhone.Pro sounds like it is being tested with a hardware keyboard. Who knows if it will ever see the light of day.
    It's a big departure for Apple. I'm glad they're looking at it, but it's a completely new idea for them and I am not sure it is reasonable to expect that we'll see a version of the iPhone 5 with a QWERTY.

If I had to pick a single thing about the iPhone that I do not like, it would be the on screen keyboard.

But the iPhone 4's still the best thing going, IMHO. Every device that has a good physical keyboard seems to give up more in other areas than the average user would want to give up once he's experienced the iPhone 4. I thought the Nokia E7.00-2 stood a good chance of being something I would want to buy, but now I am not so sure and no longer on the edge of my seat waiting for a release date.

You're always going to be able to find a device that does this or that better than an iPhone 4, but as of right now I do not think you will find anything that is such overall excellence, generally speaking.

Phone
    iPhone 8925
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    iPhone.Pro
    Let see make it fatter, a lot fatter, to support tactile keyboard and glass lens multi optic camera. Check.
    Make it longer 16.9 should do it, ya skinny that screen out with them rectangular pixels. Check.
    Oh don't forget add them Nintendo like DS keypad controls after all a game machine is our main market. Check
    Print up a wallet card for all the new function key to touch screen / gesture conversions. Check.
    Must be a parallel universe

Phone
    Motorola Atrix HD Maxx / iPhone 5 (backup)
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by notrhj View Post
    Let see make it fatter, a lot fatter, to support tactile keyboard and glass lens multi optic camera. Check.
    I would give some thinness for added functionality. Apple is testing a good amount of new iPhone form factors. If they want to increase market share further, they need to introduce more models.

Phone
    iPhone 4S 16GB
    Carrier
    StraightTalk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I think Apple is doing just fine, they dont need to increase anything. They can hardly handle demand now! iP4 was sold out for 2 months when it first came out. I can only imagine how bad its going to be now that they have a CDMA model to worry about too.

Phone
    iphone 3G 8g
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Here's your physical keyboard,
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/clearance/e66e/

Phone
    iPhone 8925
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLDAT View Post
    Here's your physical keyboard,
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/clearance/e66e/
    And the operative word in the URL link is clearance.
    Its a great product (other than bulk) but sadly its about utility.
    They cannot give these things away.

Feedback Score
    One of the main problems with touch screens for me is that I always click somewhere by accident.

I especially hate when it happens during a conversation.

There's also no option with the iPhone4 to disable the keyboard so what I usually do is I move to the keyboard screen so at least I won't hang up the phone.

A friend of mine just got a Bluetooth keyboard for his iPad2, we tried it with the iPhone and its pretty cool.. just too big
    www.TravelToForum.com
    World Travel Community

Book Flights, Hotels, Cruises

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast