Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Thread: Nokia E7

Device(s)
    Lumia 800, Iphone 4
    Feedback Score
    The resolution is a bummer really. Expected with Symbian, but still. Imo it's amazing looking device but wont be buying it most probably.
    Would love to see this CBD screen to be used in N9 too if it's possible to have with the 854x480 that the MeeGo bug reports have been showing

Last edited by Topy; 09-14-2010 at 10:03 AM.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Snotick View Post
    I think the micro sd is still there. Its on right side towards the top. Theres a door, similar to the n82.
    That's the SIM tray. The microSD is not listed in the specs at all.

EDIT: Confirmed 16GB internal only, no microSD but does support USBOTG for USB pen drive.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 925
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_K View Post
    It's a great form factor and nice looking from the exterior, but I'm not convinced about Symbian 3. It still has that same janky look of S60v5 as on my i8910.
    Oh damn, Anssi slammed people with this line of thinking during his keynote. You got served, dude.

Device(s)
    N86, N82 (backup)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgonesh View Post
    That's the SIM tray. The microSD is not listed in the specs at all.

EDIT: Confirmed 16GB internal only, no microSD but does support USBOTG for USB pen drive.
    OK,. thanks.

Thats just another reason for me not to buy the E7. Nokia is trying to produce an iPhone with a qwerty keyboard. Nokia seems to get farther and farther away from what I want in a smartphone, with every new release.

Device(s)
    Samsung i8910 Omnia HD
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T;
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tran View Post
    Oh damn, Anssi slammed people with this line of thinking during his keynote. You got served, dude.
    How did I get served? It still is janky looking. Vanjoki can say what he wants; he has one foot out the door...

BTW, you want to see how more 'advanced' Symbian 3 is? Engadget has a live video demo of the E7. The poor guy showing off the phone had to wait 8 or 9 seconds for Email to open after hitting the widget. It was embarrassing.

He also didn't really want to show off the browser: 'Yes, here's the browser, we have pinch to zoom and-Oh-by-the-way-how-about-the-great-hardware-eh?'

LOL

from IntoMobile's hands on time of the E7: 'It’s just too bad that the software was not up to par. Screen-sliding animations were too slow to compete with Android or iPhone. Button presses would either be super responsive, or completely unresponsive, depending on how the demo unit was feeling at any given moment.'
    Last edited by Jimmy_K; 09-14-2010 at 10:25 AM.

Device(s)
    Nokia 808 PureView
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I reserve final judgment for completed and shipping firmware. If you want to be critical look at the N8 for imperfections since that's running final code, the E7 isn't ready yet.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Solo HSPA+
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like the design. Different from all the iphone lookalikes you see in other touchscreen phones Just wish the resolution of the screen is higher... nHD on a 4" screen However, Engadget did say that the AMOLED screen performs better under sunlight than the HTC AMOLED phones.

Device(s)
    Samsung i8910 Omnia HD
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T;
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgonesh View Post
    I reserve final judgment for completed and shipping firmware. If you want to be critical look at the N8 for imperfections since that's running final code, the E7 isn't ready yet.
    Oh, come on, now you're making excuses for them.

You and I both know that like all Nokia phones, it's going to take 3-6 months of firmware updates and patches to make the device run decently. By that time, you'll want to move on to the next thing. Even a new browser is a couple of months out.

Come on, people, this isn't the smart phone special olympics where everybody just gets an 'A' for effort. The company is asking for $400-$500 of your hard earned shekels for these devices.

Device(s)
    Nokia N8 Motorola XT720
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score

You and I both know that like all Nokia phones, it's going to take 3-6 months of firmware updates and patches to make the device run decently. By that time, you'll want to move on to the next thing. Even a new browser is a couple of months out.

Come on, people, this isn't the smart phone special olympics where everybody just gets an 'A' for effort. The company is asking for $400-$500 of your hard earned shekels for these devices.
    How is that making excuses for Nokia, they are showing off preproduction hardware. Yes the transitions look a little choppy, and some application take time to load, but everyone keep insisting on compairing it to handsets and OS'es that are currently on the market.

Just wait till they are in production, then make your choice. You can judge Nokia by what they are selling with the new handsets and Symbian^3. You only need to wait 2 week 2 see the N8 to see the direction that they will be going.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

I don't know that, do you know that? I haven't used any of these devices, have you? You've seen a preview video of a device that won't ship for 3 months. I'll wait for the reviews to start flowing in before making any judgments. A number of bloggers at Nokia World are coming home with N8's so we should see user reviews shortly. I'm not saying my expectations are high, but I'm at least willing to give them a chance before passing judgement.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    No MicroSD is sad. I've never really wanted or needed an Eseries. Does this mean no N8 keyboard variant?
    ---
    "No matter where you go, there you are."

Quote Originally Posted by sjhong
    The 3.5 inch touch screen, the 32Gb internal memory and the qwerty keyboard are features I can no longer live without.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Tran View Post
    I think Ansii Vanjoki got served! He didn't really do anything for Nokia that could be perceived as beneficial outside of closed doors - that will be a HUGE problem when he's looking elsewhere.

I reserve final judgement on this E7 ... like the placement of the home button though. C7 looks like a real designer had final choice with respect to engineers. S^3 was known to continue resolution and at the time Symbian-Foundation nor the industry knew all competitors outside of WinMo would go balistic with resolution. STill the E7 could've been smaller with a 5MP camera with 720p large sensor but that is not its focus.

If E7 can ship with performance refinements like the E71 did vs other S60 3rd FP1 models at that time - then this will have worthwhile sales.

PS: Nokia is stupid for keeping Ansii during public announcements knowing 1 full business day in advance he's looking elsewhere. If their smart they'll have a team doublechecking everything he does so it doesn't bite them in the *** later.
    Formerly: Prom1, now I'm Supa_Fly!!
    My Feedback

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    lol, what's this? Disgruntled former fanboy ripping on a phone months before it comes out? This place never changes.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uxi View Post
    lol, what's this? Disgruntled former fanboy ripping on a phone months before it comes out? This place never changes.
    Who me? No ... I was a fan long before you where - here or on Symbian-Freak. Even then I had issues with Vanjoki's performance ... read my posts and you'll see. I actually LOVED the E71 but due to switching contracts was forced to look to BB and other solutions since then; I owned it 3times over in the course of 2yrs.

PS: You may need to google search since the new hofo db doesn't go back prior to 1 year.

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast