Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Thread: Nokia E7

Device(s)
    Samsung i8910 Omnia HD
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T;
    Feedback Score
    Good short piece from Forbes and an interview with Savander. Also, funny how a lot of journalists at the event were covering it with....Macs.

http://blogs.forbes.com/parmyolson/2...mepagechannels

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Prom1 View Post
    Who me?

no, not you.
    ---
    "No matter where you go, there you are."

Quote Originally Posted by sjhong
    The 3.5 inch touch screen, the 32Gb internal memory and the qwerty keyboard are features I can no longer live without.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 925
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_K View Post
    Good short piece from Forbes and an interview with Savander. Also, funny how a lot of journalists at the event were covering it with....Macs.

http://blogs.forbes.com/parmyolson/2...mepagechannels
    How is that funny? Most journalists use Macs.

What's really funny is that one of Parmy Olson's previous articles ridiculed Finland for being small. Now she's using big language.

Device(s)
    Huawei P30 Pro 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    VodaCom
    Feedback Score
    I was so excited when i saw the E7 had been announced, all that was soon killed:
    -640x360 in a 4inch display???? Did they consider E90 owners or ex E90 owners at all???
    -16GB non-expandable, what??? Nokia are the kings of media memory, the N900 and N97 will be able to do 64GB soon,even the E90 will do 32GB.
    -1200mAh battery, on a high end Eseries? This just isnt the Nokia we knew back in the E90, E71 etc... days. Being an Eseries they should have thrown in a 5mp camera and maybe dropped the display to 3.7, just find a way to put a 1500mAh battery in there, that 4inch will draw a lot of power especialy when web browsing as AMOLEDs tend to actualy take loads of power when showing brighter colours than LCDs, i remember M-R did a nice lil reviem on this or was it a topic in forums? either way it showed AMOLEDs can draw loads of power when showing brighter colours.
    Im disappointed overall ,was realy looking forward to a killer Nokia smartphone,like the N900 was last year, ah well.
    Samsung GALAXY Note 4 32GB +128GB MicroSDXC Charcoal Black
    Apple iPad 4 WIFI+4G LTE 16GB White
    "World can't hold me, too much ambition."Jay-Z

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note3
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mo, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I was hoping Nokia would be able to exceed on the versatility of the N97 while going to a more modern CPU/GPU architecture. N9 is supposed to be 64GB + microSD with a similar 4" WVGA display. Hopefully the MeeGo's telephony makes a similar bound over Maemo's. Unfortunately looks like another gimped 1320mAh battery, though I can hope that will change before release or at least that there's an optional 1500+ available that will could fit under the same battery cover.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire Z
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uxi View Post
    No MicroSD is sad. I've never really wanted or needed an Eseries. Does this mean no N8 keyboard variant?
    it has USB on the Go....

screw an SD card....
    in da hood we say "don't drink & drive, park & sip"

Device(s)
    HTC Desire Z
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    seriously....
    people really pay attention to the resolution of a cell phone screen...??

Device(s)
    N79 NAM White
    Carrier(s)
    ATT/
    Feedback Score
    I for one think it's a step in the right direction, I don't know how Nokia does it but they sure can make some beautiful hardware. Software is sometimes Meh.

Device(s)
    Samsung i8910 Omnia HD
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T;
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fountainhead931 View Post
    I for one think it's a step in the right direction, I don't know how Nokia does it but they sure can make some beautiful hardware. Software is sometimes Meh.
    Which is why I think hiring the Palm software UX guy is a big step in the right direction. Now I'm way more interested in Meego.

Feedback Score
    From an open side view, this is easily the best looking phone I've seen this entire year. I think I prefer that design to what we've seen of the N9 so far but I guess better pictures might change my mind too.

I think a lot of people here wouldn't have minded a minor thickness increase to wedge a bigger battery in there though, especially since it's not removable and it'll be powering a much bigger screen than the N8. The lack of a microsd, autofocus and the battery make this a questionable upgrade for an N97 user unless you didn't have any interest in those features.

To the person who said you don't need microsd cards when you have USB OTG, have fun walking down the street talking on a phone that has a cable attached to it and a usb drive or external hard drive attached to that!

Feedback Score
    Sorry boys, the hardware on this is pure gorgeous. The screen is great, even though it's only nHD. The keyboard is the best on ANY device to ever have come out of Nokia.

You can harp on Symbian^3 being S605th - but better, well it looks like Symbian, but has just about ALL the kinks worked out. The E7 is just about confirmed as my next device, granted a MeeGo one isn't announced at Dublin. Having played with one, and compared to it just about every other high-end smartphone on the market or pike for Q4 - I'm getting one.
    Winner of 3rd Annual HoFies Award.
    Gold Medal for 'Most helpful S60 Hofo'er'
    Bronze Medal for 'Funniest S60 Hofo'er'

Device(s)
    Samsung i8910 Omnia HD
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T;
    Feedback Score
    I agree about the hardware, but the three mini hands on reviews I read/saw (Engadget, IntoMobile and Techradar.uk) showed that Symbian's touch OS is still laggy and has issues.

Symbian on the C6 was even more brutal; in the Engadget video, the user had to swipe three times for the screen to respond. For the company's yearly big product show case, that's unforgivable. If I were in charge, people would be getting fired for that.

After the experiences many here have had with the both versions of the N97, I'm surprised so many are ready to take the leap and get one of these devices, before the full on reviews with final software hit all the tech sites.

Device(s)
    Nokia N95-3, Nokia N90, Nokia X3
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T 3G
    Feedback Score
    You have to remember that these are prototype firmware on the hardware ...when people were reviewing the N8 on prototype firmware, it was laggy and not very responsive...

give it time to mature to a final firmware and than judge

P.S,
    I have to see the nHD resoultion on the E7...was hoping it has better resolution...still picking up the N8 for the camera and wait for Meego next year

Device(s)
    Samsung i8910 Omnia HD
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T;
    Feedback Score
    BTW, Slashgear has a final firmware (I'm assuming) full on review, after a week with the N8.

http://www.slashgear.com/a-week-with...vive-14101865/

Short take away: they love the hardware, and the software, though confusing due to buried settings, is okay, but think that its Achilles heel is a lack of applications. If you're fine with a handful of main apps, then you're good to go. They also say, two years ago, the N8 would dominate; today, not so much.

Keep in mind that reviewers aren't the type, like most regular people, to go scouring the dark corners of the internet for unsigned or hacked S60v5 software, on some message board, patched together by some guy in his basement.

The logical assumption is, you go to the Ovi store.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Solo HSPA+
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It doesn't seem like it has a secondary front camera, does it? A step back IMO.

The display does look nice, even at nHD resolution, according to the youtube video. I really like the design and the features. Wish they hadn't left out the smaller features found in previous devices like the FM transmitter and front facing camera.

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast