Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Thread: Nokia E7

Device(s)
    HTC Desire Z
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_K View Post
    BTW, Slashgear has a final firmware (I'm assuming) full on review, after a week with the N8.

http://www.slashgear.com/a-week-with...vive-14101865/

Short take away: they love the hardware, and the software, though confusing due to buried settings, is okay, but think that its Achilles heel is a lack of applications. If you're fine with a handful of main apps, then you're good to go. They also say, two years ago, the N8 would dominate; today, not so much.

Keep in mind that reviewers aren't the type, like most regular people, to go scouring the dark corners of the internet for unsigned or hacked S60v5 software, on some message board, patched together by some guy in his basement.

The logical assumption is, you go to the Ovi store.
    google search has always been a friend to me...
    in da hood we say "don't drink & drive, park & sip"

Device(s)
    HTC Desire Z
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Prom1 View Post
    Lets see ....
    * those that work with PC/Mac's all day,
    * content providers that submit documentation (target market for E7)
    * users that view & record 720p video
    * those that read Maps while travelling, reading eBooks (format agnostic)
    * those that will use the browser - I'd say 50% of USA users, 80% EuroAsia users us the browser of their choice of smartphones at LEAST 2hr/day.
    * those older users with mad $$ to spend on devices + contracts with less than 20/20 vision ...

I'd say a resounding YES!
    please show me some commercials that highlight a phone's screen resolution....
    commercials that actually mention the numbers..
    compare that to the commercials that highlight camera resolution....
    or the social networking connectivity.....

Device(s)
    HTC Desire Z
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by liknsmak View Post
    To the person who said you don't need microsd cards when you have USB OTG, have fun walking down the street talking on a phone that has a cable attached to it and a usb drive or external hard drive attached to that!
    I was referring to transferring files, really...
    16GB is a lot of music and videos...
    using the USB OTG will make transferring a breeze...

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9780
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oddsocks View Post
    NOBODY who write about it, has a final firmware N8. Nobody. The devices given to DEVELOPERS were not final public release firmware. The device that were being showcased and used for demo's were not completely stable public release firmware. If you have an N8, today, and you're not on the developer team for the Nokia N8 - it's not final public release firmware. The damn Product Manager didn't have one when I had a Q&A with him.

Oh, the video you saw by Engadget shows a Nokia device in a bad-light? Who would have thunk it?

Browser looks the same, new engine.
    Memory leaks? We're not going to see that even with a full 2 day hands-on time. Ever wonder how easy it is to get 6-hour access to a prototype device...when it's tethered to a blonde girls hip?
    I'm not syncing my account with M4E on a demo device. Nobody else is going to, and it might not even be functional as the software is pre-production.
    Microsoft and Nokia have collab'd on Office suit. Supported completely, from what I saw.

Available in SELECT markets Q4, before Dec 23rd.
    I agree. These all sound pretty good. Let us wait and see how the retail version turn-up.

Meanwhile I ventured in the Crackberry forums a bit (bought a 9700 to test run) - they are very excited about RIM OS 6 and waiting for the release of 9780. In my opinion, 9700 is pretty much similar like E61i except that 9700 has an outstanding keyboard and E61i has an outstanding web browser. Other than that, both are outdeated but otherwise prertty similar OS.

Nokia needs to minimize the time beween the announcement and the release of phones. I like to have one E7 now!

Great posts everyone.

Tintin
    Feedbacks:

My HoFo Feedback (100% Positive, No Neutral, No Negative)

My eBay Feedback (100% Positive, No Neutral, No Negative)

Note: I am not a professional seller. So, my feedbacks are infrequent.

Device(s)
    Nokia N97
    Feedback Score
    No autofocus for the camera. What year are we in!? Makes it pretty useless to me, so sad. I mean even the E71 was AF.
    Guess they want us to focus on the n8 if we care about pics.

Device(s)
    Nokia N97 White (current)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by go0gle View Post
    I dont know what all the fuss is about with the screen resolution? Is it really all about numbers? From the vids i"ve seen it looks great. Especially in this video around the 3:40 mark when they are showing off the viewing angles. I have a phone that has 854-by-480 resolution but viewing angels suck on it. Numbers aren't everything....
    DO NOT BUY FROM MOBILECITYONLINE !!!

Tethered E71-2

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Prom1 View Post
    For shame! I'm surprised you had to ask ... but if you get the chance, ask a university student with a laptop or tablet PC to show you just how powerful this add-on to the Office Student suit does ... its amazing.
    Interesting, didn't know that Office 2010 offered this, but at quick glance it reminds me of Evernote? Haven't used either. I'm sure that any student would certainly be using this as they get great discounts on all the latest and greatest MS software but here in corporate America where the adoption is much slower we JUST started rolling to Office 2007. I like that my E-series device now includes MS Office Communicator, but again, we're sitting on Communication Server 2005 and the Nokia tool only supports Server 2007. *sigh*

But I like the potential of OneNote. Sounds like a great tool and one that I'll research and see if I can't find an alternative to use.

Device(s)
    Nothing but Nokias
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    still making up my mind about the e7...to me the missing SD is the biggest issue...although since you can connect a USB drive it may not be that big deal.

Device(s)
    Huawei P30 Pro 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    VodaCom
    Feedback Score
    Im now absolutely shocked! NO AUTOFOCUS!!?? Whats up with that? They pretty much went el cheapo on everything but the body of the phone, and yet they want to charge like 600USD??? Im seriously disappointed with Nokia,this is just not on.
    Samsung GALAXY Note 4 32GB +128GB MicroSDXC Charcoal Black
    Apple iPad 4 WIFI+4G LTE 16GB White
    "World can't hold me, too much ambition."Jay-Z

Device(s)
    Nothing but Nokias
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    do we know if the battery is removable?

Device(s)
    Sony Z3 (D6616)
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgonesh View Post
    Interesting, didn't know that Office 2010 offered this, but at quick glance it reminds me of Evernote? Haven't used either. I'm sure that any student would certainly be using this as they get great discounts on all the latest and greatest MS software but here in corporate America where the adoption is much slower we JUST started rolling to Office 2007. I like that my E-series device now includes MS Office Communicator, but again, we're sitting on Communication Server 2005 and the Nokia tool only supports Server 2007. *sigh*

But I like the potential of OneNote. Sounds like a great tool and one that I'll research and see if I can't find an alternative to use.
    it's offered on office 07 as well. i believe that is when it was first offered

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CaifanSC View Post
    do we know if the battery is removable?
    It is not removable, unfortunately.

Also, I played with the phone for a while at Nokia World and the screen is really great. I was surprised at how impressive it was.

Feedback Score
    The camera is fixed focus. 1m out is focused to infinity. It's not an N-series device. Yes, an auto-focus with macro mode would have made it that much better, but then what is left for the N9 and E9?

The battery isn't removable, nor does the cover cap have easily removed screws. It does come off, however. I've seen how it's secured to the bottom.
    Last edited by oddsocks; 09-16-2010 at 10:59 PM.
    Winner of 3rd Annual HoFies Award.
    Gold Medal for 'Most helpful S60 Hofo'er'
    Bronze Medal for 'Funniest S60 Hofo'er'

Device(s)
    Nexus One, Droid Incredible, HTC Desire, Samsung Galaxy S
    Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO Pacific (HSDPA);
    Feedback Score
    I seem to note the E7 has IBM Domino server support. That should count something for businesses that are IBM IT shops.
    I am @guamguy on Twitter.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9780
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by POLO_011 View Post
    Im now absolutely shocked! NO AUTOFOCUS!!?? Whats up with that? They pretty much went el cheapo on everything but the body of the phone, and yet they want to charge like 600USD??? Im seriously disappointed with Nokia,this is just not on.
    E series is supposed to be business e-mail focused phones, not entertainment device. N series is for entertainment. In the old days, there were many business who did not allow use of phons with camera. RIM used to released 2 Blackberry versions for most models, one with camera and one without (even Bold 9000 were released in 2 versions). So, don't get disappointed with E7's camera.

I don't care about camera quality of facebook app. I need the best PDA phone with best possible PIM functions and best connectivity to remote servers. That was the goal of E serires. It should be a portable secure computerized digital assistant. Lets see if E7 delivers that.

Tintin

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast