Thread: Contact information for telus management

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Contact information for telus management

I am a former Telus client who has been unable to resolve an issue with the CSR or their immediate supervisor. I feel that I need to escalate my issues to management. Anyone know the contact details for the relevant management e.g. manager or VP of customer service. I need names / phone number/ email. Their website is quite useless for getting such info.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Their website won't have information like that, otherwise such management would be bombarded with emails or calls.

From what I know, it's not too difficult:

There are one of two procedures...

First procedure:

1) Escalate your call from Client Care to their live immediate support team (known as the Client Management Resolution Team). Don't threaten to cancel or that will immediately go to Loyalty and Retention. Simply ask to speak to a manager.

2) Escalate that call even higher, by asking for Top Level Care.

Top Level Care is when a form is filled out and a "higher up" contacts you. Someone in Top Level Care is far above the 'immediate supervisor' you mentioned in your original post.

Second procedure:

Escalate your call from Client Care. As per a recent change in policy, reps now have to give you two options

1) A live transfer to the same team mentioned above (Client Management Resolution Team)
    or
    2) A form filled out to have an actual team manager contact you.

Choose option 2.

This second option was added a few months ago. It wasn't offered before that, because the official word was "managers manage call centre reps, they don't manage the customers." In fact, many of them are reportedly hired directly to the role, or move from one non-phone position to another.

By that I mean: a bunch of team managers never worked there in a frontline capacity, so while they know the stuff related to being a manager, they don't actually know (or need to know about) the rate plans, billing, phones, etc. -- but now it doesn't matter whether they know that stuff or not. Without knowing the specifics of every detail, they are supposed to try and find a viable solution to the situation. With that form filled out, a team manager is set to call you back within 72 hours.

The reason this second option is effective is because, again as per a business ruling, you may choose to escalate past that manager if they do not provide you with the answer you need.

The chain is something like this:
    - Team Manager
    - Manager (that person manages a group of Team Managers)
    - Operations Manager (ops manager -- handling all the Managers)
    - Director of Client Care

You can choose to go as far up the chain as needed.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Update info please. I'm having a current problem with Telus "Escalation Management"

An agent is ignoring the information in my messages and refuses to escalate my issues. We joined Telus in 2016 and it has worked fairly well until now. We are being asked to pay $400 plus our normal monthly of $181 for 4 days of tethering - when we moved and before we cou;ld set up our new internet service. The Agent is entirely inflexible and so I have CC'd the CEO with detailed information. I'd like to know, in case my message does not trickle down from the top, how I can go beyond this one agent who is apparently holding us up - and speak with someone else. Any help would be much appreciated.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by kamp_krusty View Post
    Their website won't have information like that, otherwise such management would be bombarded with emails or calls.

From what I know, it's not too difficult:

There are one of two procedures...

First procedure:

1) Escalate your call from Client Care to their live immediate support team (known as the Client Management Resolution Team). Don't threaten to cancel or that will immediately go to Loyalty and Retention. Simply ask to speak to a manager.

2) Escalate that call even higher, by asking for Top Level Care.

Top Level Care is when a form is filled out and a "higher up" contacts you. Someone in Top Level Care is far above the 'immediate supervisor' you mentioned in your original post.

Second procedure:

Escalate your call from Client Care. As per a recent change in policy, reps now have to give you two options

1) A live transfer to the same team mentioned above (Client Management Resolution Team)
    or
    2) A form filled out to have an actual team manager contact you.

Choose option 2.

This second option was added a few months ago. It wasn't offered before that, because the official word was "managers manage call centre reps, they don't manage the customers." In fact, many of them are reportedly hired directly to the role, or move from one non-phone position to another.

By that I mean: a bunch of team managers never worked there in a frontline capacity, so while they know the stuff related to being a manager, they don't actually know (or need to know about) the rate plans, billing, phones, etc. -- but now it doesn't matter whether they know that stuff or not. Without knowing the specifics of every detail, they are supposed to try and find a viable solution to the situation. With that form filled out, a team manager is set to call you back within 72 hours.

The reason this second option is effective is because, again as per a business ruling, you may choose to escalate past that manager if they do not provide you with the answer you need.

The chain is something like this:
    - Team Manager
    - Manager (that person manages a group of Team Managers)
    - Operations Manager (ops manager -- handling all the Managers)
    - Director of Client Care

You can choose to go as far up the chain as needed.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge/Various tablets
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility/ "Tablet 5" + 2 Unpublished SMB plans
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Good job digging up the 8 year old post from before the CCTS even existed or barely existed, cannot remember when it started taking reports.

But just call back, or use online chat or whatever and try again. Keep the request simple, don't go off the rails. If you think some rep has put a bomb in your customer notes, do not even mention it and see if the next rep even bothers to look at them.

If you just blew through the usage warnings and authorized the overages and it was at pay per use rate, just ask if they can retroactively apply an add on data feature. Obviously someone had to authorize the usage if it got to $400. (replied to text saying yes to enable data after it shut off automatically)

If after a few attempts at regular calling in or chat fail you can try the escalation form:

On the bottom of the contact us page:
    https://www.telus.com/en/ab/support/...us/escalations

After that if you think for whatever reason they did not follow some rule (like they didn't cut off the data when overages got to $50) then you can file complaint with CCTS

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/limit.htm
    According to the simplified Wireless Code:

• Regarding overage charges, the Code specifies that, when a customer’s data overage charges reach $50 in a single monthly billing cycle, the provider must suspend data overage charges once they reach $50, unless the account holder consents to paying additional charges.
    • Regarding roaming charges, the Code specifies that, when a customer’s data roaming charges reach $100 in a single monthly billing cycle, the provider must suspend data roaming charges once they reach $100, unless the account holder consents to paying additional charges.
    Clearnet Digital PCS

We think everyone should be able to afford a wireless phone. That's why we were the first wireless company in North America to offer pay-by-the-second airtime, and why we don't charge an activation fee. NO scary contract to sign. Immediate national coverage. And a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. Yes, it's finally time to get a wireless phone.
    f u t u r e . f r i e n d l y™

Best viewed with Netscape 3.0 at 800 x 600 resolution.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Thank you! And thanks to howardforums for continuing to publish this important info. The agent has finally agreed to escalate this... I'm curious about Clearnet: It seemed to resurrect in 2011 and it still shows up as an independent company on one site but the phone number forwards to Telus. I'm assuming it's not in operation except as Telus backbone?

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    So the new "senior" escalation agent called - who had spoken to the old agent: "We sent you messages and now you have to pay" is the argument they restate in a continuous cycle. I say "you sent me this indecipherable message after I made a topup" Name:  IMG_9667.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  48.9 KB. I thought they were acknowledging my topup. But no, they are telling me how much more I owe. This happens again the next day I say "yes" to more charges. I have no internet for 4 days in the new condo. We get new service from Carry Telecom on Tuesday July 26 and I no longer need to tether. I continue to get identical messages from Telus for another 5 days - escalating from $20 to $400. I paid them a total of $70 in topups, for 5GB plus $181 for our last month's bill. And now they are offering me a "deal" where they'll only ask me for $175 extra (1/2 of $350). So my monthly will be $461. I normally pay $160 for 4GB data plus 300 minutes and texts for 2 phones. They want what I paid in topups plus their own discounted "additional charges" - $245 for 5GB - about 1.5 times what we pay for monthly service.

In addition, the agent did not have the actual numbers from my account because yesterday was the end of our cycle. So he did not know the amounts of time they were charging me for. I told him it was absurd to call me without all the information and asked him to call back when he had it. He told me to call HIM back. I hung up.

Any more advice would be welcomed. I think a face-to-face meeting would be best. We can't afford these kinds of charges for data. And we can't accept the sloppy treatment we're receiving. What are we to do now? Go back to Rogers???
    Last edited by bebopple; 08-09-2018 at 09:10 AM.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Update from Telus by messenger - "Your invoice is unavailable". They will call me back tomorrow and I'll update this post with the results.