Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: New Change In Monthly Plan Renewal Process

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score

New Change In Monthly Plan Renewal Process

Currently, when a Talk n Text monthly plan card/PIN is added to an account, the renewal amount ($29.95 or $44.95) is applied as a cash balance.

This method created problems for some customers who added their renewal PIN “early” before their renewal date, then subsequently used a charged service such as a 411 or international call, which drew down their balance to an amount insufficient to renew their plan on the actual renewal date.

The new method reserves the monthly plan PIN to be used only for renewing the plan on the renewal date. It no longer acts as a cash balance that can be drawn from while sitting in an account waiting to be swept on the renewal date. The new method will eliminate the non-renewal problem that some customers experienced when they used their plan renewal funds for other services.

Once loaded, monthly plan PINs will sit in a “reserved” state until the plan renewal date. This will mean that plan PINs can be “stacked” in an account. If multiple PINs are loaded, they will be used in a first-in, first-out basis when they are swept to renew the plan each month.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting. Here also is the first paragraph, which tells when it starts and who it affects:

An important system improvement will be taking place on Monday, September 27th that affects customers on the Unlimited Talk n Text and Talk n Text 1200 monthly plans only. The change involves the way our system applies cards/PINs to a customer’s account when renewing a monthly plan.

Feedback Score
    IF I am on the unlimited plan and add a TNT 1200 pin before the plan expires will the unlimited plan be automatically converted to the TNT 1200 plan at experation ? - Thanks

Carrier(s)
    Verizon postpaid
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the notice with the new rollout date. Will the online account management page be changed so that we can see how many PINs a user might have 'stacked' in the system? What does the system do if a person is on the 1200TnT plan, has two 1200TnT PINs stacked, and applies a uTnT PIN to their account?

Also, as is the case now, would an account still expire 120 days from the last PIN addition to an account, or would that somehow change with this system? In other words, if I load up 6 PINs on October 1, would my account expire on (about) Feb 1, or would the renewals extend the account lifecycle? (I assume that the 120-day expiration rule still applies.)

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamx2 View Post
    IF I am on the unlimited plan and add a TNT 1200 pin before the plan expires will the unlimited plan be automatically converted to the TNT 1200 plan at experation ? - Thanks
    Great question. Yes, the 1200 PIN will stack on a UTnT plan and convert at expiration.

However, the opposite is not true - an UTnT PIN will NOT stack on a 1200 plan - it will convert it immediately to UTnT. The reason is that would be considered a class of service plan upgrade for customers who are either already out of their minutes/messages or want to upgrade immediately.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisamo View Post
    Thanks for the notice with the new rollout date. Will the online account management page be changed so that we can see how many PINs a user might have 'stacked' in the system? What does the system do if a person is on the 1200TnT plan, has two 1200TnT PINs stacked, and applies a uTnT PIN to their account?

Also, as is the case now, would an account still expire 120 days from the last PIN addition to an account, or would that somehow change with this system? In other words, if I load up 6 PINs on October 1, would my account expire on (about) Feb 1, or would the renewals extend the account lifecycle? (I assume that the 120-day expiration rule still applies.)
    1. Yes, the My Account page for customers and the dealer portal will show stacked PINs and their respective renewal dates.

2. The UTnT PIN is considered a class of service plan upgrade that will apply immediately, and the 1200 PINs would remain stacked.

3. The cash balance expiration date will show as 120 days out from the renewal of the current PIN, regardless of how many are stacked.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon postpaid
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the great information. As I've said before, this new system is a vast improvement to Page Plus's service, and I look forward to its widespread availability.

Feedback Score
    Thanks - I am in the situation where I am on the UTnT plan expiring 9-26 and want to go the TNT 1200 plan upon expiration . Will the new system be in effect or is that too close and I should do it manually by calling CS on the 26th go to the std plan then (with phone off) add the TnT 1200 pin ) ?

Quote Originally Posted by DennyScher View Post
    Great question. Yes, the 1200 PIN will stack on a UTnT plan and convert at expiration.

However, the opposite is not true - an UTnT PIN will NOT stack on a 1200 plan - it will convert it immediately to UTnT. The reason is that would be considered a class of service plan upgrade for customers who are either already out of their minutes/messages or want to upgrade immediately.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 10+, Saumsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Are there any plans to add stacking of the Power Text PINs for those on the Standard plan to ensure guaranteed renewal of the Power Text plan regardless of the cash balance?

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    This new policy is a GREAT idea by Page Plus! Thanks to Apheus and Denny for explaining it in detail. For many months now, I've kept no more than a ten cent balance on my TNT 1200 plan ever since a half-year ago I was stung by $14 in data overage charges that ate into one of my PINs that I had added early before the expiration date. I guess it's safe to venture back into the water, and stack PINs :-)

I'd much rather stack 3 or 4 PINs at once than have to apply a PIN once every month.

How many PINs is safe to stack now (6, 10, 12)? With the old 120-day expiration, the rule to follow was not to stack more than 3 PINs at a time since they'd all expire 120 days out. Can I now stack 5 or 6 PINs without worrying that they'll expire 120 days out?

Thanks very much

Device(s)
    HTC Eris
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    There was no mention, Built_Well, of the 120 day expiration date changing, because it hasn't.

Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Actually, Denny's post implies that the 120-day expiration is gone if you stack pins:
    The cash balance expiration date will show as 120 days out from the renewal of the current PIN, regardless of how many are stacked.
    I take this to mean that every time your account renews using a stacked pin, the 120-day expiration is pushed out.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamx2 View Post
    Thanks - I am in the situation where I am on the UTnT plan expiring 9-26 and want to go the TNT 1200 plan upon expiration . Will the new system be in effect or is that too close and I should do it manually by calling CS on the 26th go to the std plan then (with phone off) add the TnT 1200 pin ) ?
    Yes, you should do it the normal manual way if it expires on the 26th because the new method goes into effect on the 27th.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by larrycl View Post
    I take this to mean that every time your account renews using a stacked pin, the 120-day expiration is pushed out.
    Exactly - it's pushed out.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Built_Well View Post
    How many PINs is safe to stack now (6, 10, 12)? With the old 120-day expiration, the rule to follow was not to stack more than 3 PINs at a time since they'd all expire 120 days out. Can I now stack 5 or 6 PINs without worrying that they'll expire 120 days out?
    Just to clarify, we're only talking about stacking MONTHLY Talk n Text plan PINs. The 120 day expiration applies to any additional cash balance you have on your account. As long as you are renewing a Talk n Text plan every month, the expiration date on any additional cash balance you have on your account will continue to get pushed out to 120 days. It only becomes an issue if you do NOT renew your monthly plan, at which point the clock starts ticking on your cash balance. Hope that's clear.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast