Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: New Change In Monthly Plan Renewal Process

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Thanks Denny. To save time, I guess I'll stack 7 or 8 TNT PINs next time. Great new policy.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slyphoxj View Post
    Are there any plans to add stacking of the Power Text PINs for those on the Standard plan to ensure guaranteed renewal of the Power Text plan regardless of the cash balance?
    Power Text PINs are not included at this time. Again, this change only affects the Unlimited Talk n Text and Talk n Text 1200 monthly plans.

Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Thank you Denny for clearing this up. And thank you to PagePlus - this is a nice change that benefits consumers!

(And it puts all the bickering of this thread to bed http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...agePlus-Issues... )

Feedback Score
    It's nice to see Page Plus making progress in dealing with all of the problems that's caused so much drama in the very recent past...hopefully between this and better CS response times, they will continue their uphill battle in better customer support...

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus (this month anyway)
    Feedback Score
    Not to take ourselves too seriously, but I can't help but think that these positive changes are the result of a PP employee or member of management reading the posts in this forum. HoFo members are only a very small percentage of the total customer base, but we're the ones who care enough to join HoFo and post our observations. If PP really wants honest customer feedback, this is the place to find it.

Feedback Score
    Personally, I would like it if they would allow the tnt 1200 plan to be renewed before the "renewal" date. I just recently had this happen on my wife's plan where she happened use the 1200 minutes 4 days before the plan was to renew. So unwittingly I purchased another $29.95 card and added it to her account then wondered why after 2 days it still had not renewed the plan only to find out I had to wait until it was time to renew. What sense does that make? Why can I not restart the cycle 4 days early so instead of renewing on the 20th now it renews on the 16th? If they are reading these forums, I would like for this to be added...please...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by akwebb View Post
    Personally, I would like it if they would allow the tnt 1200 plan to be renewed before the "renewal" date. I just recently had this happen on my wife's plan where she happened use the 1200 minutes 4 days before the plan was to renew. So unwittingly I purchased another $29.95 card and added it to her account then wondered why after 2 days it still had not renewed the plan only to find out I had to wait until it was time to renew. What sense does that make? Why can I not restart the cycle 4 days early so instead of renewing on the 20th now it renews on the 16th? If they are reading these forums, I would like for this to be added...please...
    That would be great. But I highly doubt they would ever do it. The reason "Plans" are so much better, is because they are "oversold"... they are counting on 90% of the people buying the tnt1200 plan to NOT use 1200 minutes, the ones that do use ALL 1200 are actually getting a much cheaper rate than they want to sell. Take their paygo for instance, cheapest you can get is 4cents a minute. With the 1200 tnt (1200 / $30) the rate is 2 1/2 cents or .025 cents per minute (ONLY if you use all 1200 minutes). 3 cents a minute if you use 1000. My guess is they are BARELY making a profit on the 1200 tnt plan.

just my 2cents.

Feedback Score
    Maybe it is the "business model" explanation or IT limitations at PP(or their network provider billing interface). Regardless, it would be nice to have more options that can be addressed 24/7 via online account management since customer service hours are limited.

Quote Originally Posted by viogrep View Post
    That would be great. But I highly doubt they would ever do it. The reason "Plans" are so much better, is because they are "oversold"... they are counting on 90% of the people buying the tnt1200 plan to NOT use 1200 minutes, the ones that do use ALL 1200 are actually getting a much cheaper rate than they want to sell. Take their paygo for instance, cheapest you can get is 4cents a minute. With the 1200 tnt (1200 / $30) the rate is 2 1/2 cents or .025 cents per minute (ONLY if you use all 1200 minutes). 3 cents a minute if you use 1000. My guess is they are BARELY making a profit on the 1200 tnt plan.

just my 2cents.

Device(s)
    Moto Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Just so I understand correctly, we are still able to renew a 1200 TNT plan with PP cash cards as well, as was the case previously, such as an $80 card? As long as there is $29.95 in the acount at renewal, it is going to use what ever it can - PINs first, and then cash value second, right.

Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitar1969 View Post
    Just so I understand correctly, we are still able to renew a 1200 TNT plan with PP cash cards as well, as was the case previously, such as an $80 card? As long as there is $29.95 in the acount at renewal, it is going to use what ever it can - PINs first, and then cash value second, right.
    1. Yes, you can still renew a monthly plan with cash or Standard cards.
    2. Plan renewals will pull from a cash balance first, if there is enough to renew the plan, and use PINs next. The way the system sweeps the account for renewal, plans that can renew with a cash balance get swept first, then a sweep runs that "un-stacks" stacked PINs to renew accounts that did not renew in the previous run. If a customer had preferred to renew with a stacked PIN rather than his cash balance, he can call customer service and a supervisor can un-stack a stacked PIN to use for his renewal and put the cash back on his balance.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon postpaid
    Feedback Score
    Denny,

That's great information. Users should know not to purchase a $50 card for data overage use and apply it the day before plan renewal. Out of curiosity, why not have the system sweep for stacked PINs before pulling from the cash balance?

Device(s)
    HTC SMT5800 Libra
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus.
    Feedback Score
    Sorry not to hijack the topic, but I do have a related question as a standard plan user. Where it says "Multiple PINs can now be “stacked” on your account. Stacked PINs will appear below with their respective renewal dates. " just confused me.

If I add a $80.00 PIN today, which would probably expire around 1/26. Assuming I will still have some balance left on 1/25, by adding another $80.00 card, will the remaining balance carry over? From the annoucement it seems like each PIN will have its own expiration date.

Let me know I'm wrong... and I really hope to be wrong in this case.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon postpaid
    Feedback Score
    Add any PIN before the expiration date of your current balance, and the full cash balance will roll over. (You do not need to add another $80 PIN--you could add a $10 PIN.) For example, some low-usage customers have mentioned the 80-10-10 plan, where one loads an $80 PIN (to get the $0.04/min rate), and after 115-119 days, load a $10 PIN to extend their balance. Another just-shy-of-4-months-later, add a second $10 PIN. Your new expiration date will be a few days shy of 1 year from when you added the original $80 PIN, and you will have maintained a cell phone for a full year for only $100. Now, this 'plan' works for the very light user, averaging about 150 min/mo and no TXT, data, or roaming usage. My point in mentioning it is that you can add any PIN to extend the 'life' of your cash balance. Page Plus has operated this way for some time, and that has not changed with this new announcement.

Carrier(s)
    PagePlus (this month anyway)
    Feedback Score
    But when I renew with a $10 PIN, after first loading an $80 PIN, will I maintain the 4¢/min. rate? My understanding is that once the $80 balance is depleted--after I've used the 2000 voice minutes--I would start paying 10¢/min since I renewed with a $10 PIN. Or have I misunderstood?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon postpaid
    Feedback Score
    Yes, the $10 PIN is used at the 10 cents/min rate once the $80 PIN is fully depleted (2000 minutes). But if you average it out, you're paying $100 for 2200 minutes of airtime. That works out to an average cost of 4.5 cents/min for a year's worth of usage (not counting the $0.50/mo maintenance fee). Of course, if you need more than 2200 minutes over the course of a year, you can add $25 or $50 PINs (and get better average rates) when the $80 PIN is depleted. The question you have to ask is when does it make sense to just sign on for the 1200TnT plan...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast