Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rule the Waves with Page Plus MOBILE BROADBAND

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Rule the Waves with Page Plus MOBILE BROADBAND

I sure hope Page Plus offers mobile broadband soon. I'm tired of paying Verizon $60 (before taxes) for 5 Gigs of data transfer a month.

My ETF (early termination fee) for the Novatel USB 760 air card was just $175 if I were to cancel in the second month of my 2-year contract. An ETF of $175 isn't bad considering it could have been upwards of $300. I bet I could make up more than $175 if Page Plus offered its own pricing on Mobile Broadband.

A California outfit called GroupAccess used to charge $50/month for their branded version of Verizon Mobile Broadband.

I use way less than 5 gigs a month. I use about 1 or 2 gigs tops. Tiered pricing by Page Plus for mobile broadband would be a good idea too. Say $30 for 2 Gigs transfer a month.

Device(s)
    Samsung SM-G960U Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I wouldn't hold my breath. The MVNOs are paying for data use. Voice and text don't use that much data, so the likes of PagePlus can offer cheaper talk + text plans that offer very restricted data. Typically pre-paid and hybrid data plans offer less data for more cash.

Virgin has a $40 "unlimited" mobile broadband plan or a 100MB plan for $10/month. That's about as low as you're going to get. And bear in mind that Virgin has been bought by Sprint, so it's not really a MVNO anymore, just another Sprint brand.

I can't see Verizon allowing PagePlus to sell data like that. It's hard enough to get a smartphone on PP.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile also offers mobile broadband for only $40/month. And it's 4G in my area. But I went with Verizon's 3G EVDO service just in case for uptime and reliability, I hope.

Device(s)
    Samsung SM-G960U Galaxy S9
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yea, I just extended my Verizon Broadband contract also because of the coverage -- and to get a shiny new netbook.

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    My former GroupAccess MVNO plan which used the Verizon service for Mobile Broadband didn't have roaming, but other than that, it was identical to Verizon's Mobile Broadband.

Feedback Score
    using mellinicom right now. $60 a month for 10gb transfer on verizon towers, no taxes or fees (after the first month)

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by viogrep View Post
    using mellinicom right now. $60 a month for 10gb transfer on verizon towers, no taxes or fees (after the first month)
    Does Millenicom offer roaming with that 10 Gigs?

Millenicom's also changing their plans and carriers all the time. Right now their web site refers to the device they offer as the "U760" which is how Sprint refers to the Sprint device. Verizon uses the same device but calls it the "USB760." I sure wouldn't want to be paying $60 for Sprint's network (even if it's 10 Gigs) when I could pay $60 for Verizon's 5 Gigs directly from Verizon.

Hop, Skip, and a Jump from Tijuana, Mexico
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Built_Well View Post
    T-Mobile also offers mobile broadband for only $40/month. And it's 4G in my area. But I went with Verizon's 3G EVDO service just in case for uptime and reliability, I hope.
    T-Mobile has 4G??? I thought Sprint was the only one with 4G... I also thought T-mobile barely had a 3G network, let alone 4G....
    MOBILE HISTORY:
    TM
    * 16: Moto X Pure 64GB Black
    TM, Telcel, ATT
    * 15: Note 3, ZE600, 2720
    * 14: Galaxy Avant, Z600
    Sprint/ATT
    * 12: GS3, 2720
    Nextel/Boost/ATT
    * 10: BB8350i, 2720
    * 09: i9, BB7520
    * 08: Tilt, i450
    * 07: W810i, A707, 8125, BlackJack
    * 06: L6, Z520, 6682
    VZ/TM/ATT
    * 05: 7135, i600, V551, 6230, 6620, Z600
    * 04: V300, T610, 6035, 3390
    * 03: T720C
    * 02: Advx CDM4000, 9000, 9155GPX, Thera

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Yep, T-Mobile now has 4G now in some cities, including St. Louis.

It's HSPA+ and their new 4G rocket modem will automatically switch down
    to 3G if a portion of the city you happen to be traveling in isn't yet covered
    with 4G.

Portions of cities are 4g while other portions are still 3g. Find out more at T-Mobile.com

Feedback Score
    Does Millenicom offer roaming with that 10 Gigs?

Millenicom's also changing their plans and carriers all the time. Right now their web site refers to the device they offer as the "U760" which is how Sprint refers to the Sprint device. Verizon uses the same device but calls it the "USB760." I sure wouldn't want to be paying $60 for Sprint's network (even if it's 10 Gigs) when I could pay $60 for Verizon's 5 Gigs directly from Verizon.
    Im not COMPLETELY sure on the roaming. Im using it openly on cellular south towers, but verizon->cellsouth have a strange agreement. the BYOD plan for millenicom is the only one from sprint. the 5 and 10gb plan (one you rent the device, one you buy, expensively from them) are both on verizon. I footed the bill and im quite happy with the 10gb's. I use it primarily at my home because we cant get broadband here. Also, they dont charge you overages, for over the 5 or 10gb cap, they throttle you to like 256kbs, which is nice. but they will cancel you if you go over too much.

Device(s)
    SAMSUNG t401g & r451c
    Carrier(s)
    STRAIGHTTALK (vzw)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (samsung sch-r451c: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; PPC; 240x400) Opera VZW:SCH-i910)

Quote Originally Posted by rafster
    T-Mobile has 4G??? I thought Sprint was the only one with 4G... I also thought T-mobile barely had a 3G network, let alone 4G....
    well guys i got my omnia today and its great...its going take some getting used to.this i got a heck of a deal.$65.and a bunch of stuff.

Feedback Score
    Page Plus will never offer data that puts in competive range of Verizon or Sprint. There is a chance with Verizon that their new mifi will offer unlimited data for $30 mo. Slim chance though, but they are interested in marketing and competing with Sprint.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    Republic
    Feedback Score
    I know this thread is a few days old but let's set the record straight, T-Mobile does NOT have 4G. HSPA+ is 3G that they advertise as "fast as 4G" but that doesn't mean it is the same thing.

Hop, Skip, and a Jump from Tijuana, Mexico
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrous9200 View Post
    I know this thread is a few days old but let's set the record straight, T-Mobile does NOT have 4G. HSPA+ is 3G that they advertise as "fast as 4G" but that doesn't mean it is the same thing.
    That's what I had thought... It had suprised me that Tmobile would have been the next carrier with 4G... before VZW and ATT? I don't think so....

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rafster View Post
    That's what I had thought... It had suprised me that Tmobile would have been the next carrier with 4G... before VZW and ATT? I don't think so....
    T-Mobile's 3G network is still lacking coverage. It still has EDGE and GPRS in many of their coverage areas.
    It's looking like Virgin's 40.00 a month deal is the best out there right now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast