Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rule the Waves with Page Plus MOBILE BROADBAND

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 5S 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket (R.I.P. AIO)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    T-Mobile's 3G network is still lacking coverage. It still has EDGE and GPRS in many of their coverage areas.
    It's looking like Virgin's 40.00 a month deal is the best out there right now.
    AT&T has the 2GB iPad plan for $25 which unofficially works with other 3G devices. For light usage, it's a pretty decent deal.

Device(s)
    Samsung T201G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (Tracfone / Net10)
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile's 3G network is still lacking coverage. It still has EDGE and GPRS in many of their coverage areas.
    I was actually reading the small print for Virgin's broadband plan, they claim that they do not throttle data speeds for excessive use. I wonder if you could use that service to replace household DSL service in a large city with 3G service (figure 10-20 gigs a month for that type of use). Heck, Comcast throttles at 250 gigs a month (yes, that is correct -- 250 gigs) and I have heard of people upgrading to a business account to get around that because they crossed that threshold. I also wonder what Virgin would think of the person that does 250 gigs plus on their broadband service. Anyone want to try it? I would, but I have no idea how to use that much bandwidth in a month and I live in a 2G area where speeds would make it impossible (I get roughly 3500kbps compressed using Opera Mini which means approximately 850-900kbps maximum real speed on my Black Berry through a Sprint MVNO).

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrous9200 View Post
    I know this thread is a few days old but let's set the record straight, T-Mobile does NOT have 4G. HSPA+ is 3G that they advertise as "fast as 4G" but that doesn't mean it is the same thing.
    HSPA+ is 4G. Check out Wikipedia. Maybe the 3GPP standard that LTE and HSPA+ are part of is confusing you?

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotanmp3 View Post
    AT&T has the 2GB iPad plan for $25 which unofficially works with other 3G devices. For light usage, it's a pretty decent deal.
    But depending on what you use it for you may burn through that 2GB real quick.

I realize there is a size difference but a Netbook with Virgins mobile data plan seems pretty sweet.

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone 5S 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket (R.I.P. AIO)
    Feedback Score
    But depending on what you use it for you may burn through that 2GB real quick.

I realize there is a size difference but a Netbook with Virgins mobile data plan seems pretty sweet.
    I pretty much meant using the iPad plan, sans iPad. It's at least an alternative to Virgin's laughable 100MB "light usage" plan. And AT&T might have 3G coverage in places not served by Sprint. But yeah, it depends on what plan best suits your data needs.

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Built_Well View Post
    HSPA+ is 4G. Check out Wikipedia. Maybe the 3GPP standard that LTE and HSPA+ are part of is confusing you?
    No, HSPA+ is not "4G". It's an extension of their existing 3G network. It offers speeds somewhat comparable to current 4G networks (mainly Sprint/Clear's WiMax), but can't compare to either Wimax or LTE's theoretical limits that they will eventually start ramping up to.

T-Mobile referring to HSPA as "4G Speeds" is simply marketing, and I think the other carriers were talking about suing them over making false claims.

Feedback Score
    virgin broadband $40.00 a month rocks i am on now 3bars is fast for gaming, i like halo
    Quote Originally Posted by wralford View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath. The MVNOs are paying for data use. Voice and text don't use that much data, so the likes of PagePlus can offer cheaper talk + text plans that offer very restricted data. Typically pre-paid and hybrid data plans offer less data for more cash.

Virgin has a $40 "unlimited" mobile broadband plan or a 100MB plan for $10/month. That's about as low as you're going to get. And bear in mind that Virgin has been bought by Sprint, so it's not really a MVNO anymore, just another Sprint brand.

I can't see Verizon allowing PagePlus to sell data like that. It's hard enough to get a smartphone on PP.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    +1 for t-mobile $40 a month. i'm sorry, and i can't speak for everybody else, but sprint's native coverage is horrible in massachusetts. i have had t-mobile on and off for about 2 years now and have never had a problem with coverage in metro areas.

then again, vzw has no contract broadband for $20 more than t-mobile. i cant see why anybody would choose virgin or t-mobile over verizon. do you honestly need more than 5GB a month?
    Apple iPhone 5S - Cricket (AT&T)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Tracfone (Verizon)
    Samsung Galaxy Centura - Tracfone (Verizon)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 - Harbor Mobile (T-Mobile)
    LG 440G - Tracfone (AT&T)
    Apple iPad 2 - WiFi only

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SBdunks View Post
    then again, vzw has no contract broadband for $20 more than t-mobile. i cant see why anybody would choose virgin or t-mobile over verizon. do you honestly need more than 5GB a month?
    In all reality yes. I work online, hardly leave the house. Too stormy here on a daily basis for satellite. No broadband (boondocks in mississippi). Right now I actually have 2 sticks through mellinicom for $60 a piece. Both give 10gb of transfer on verizons network. I use about 16 or 17 a month, I just have to remember to change from one stick to the other when i hit 10gb. $120 a month is terrible for internet access. Unless you are like me, I write it off(in my head) as a gas expense for work, without the wear and tear on my car.

with that said, I would LOVE to be able to get virgins broadband. But... I'll survive and be happy right where I'm at. Most of my friends are astonished that I can get "broadband" out here. Wouldn't be possible without a verizon tower.

Device(s)
    All R/Were on Straight Talk HTC EVO, Fascinate, Casio Commando, LG Revolution,HTC TB,Incredible 1& 2
    Carrier(s)
    STRAIGHT TALK-Flash Android's to
    Feedback Score
    I have Datajack's for 49.99 a month for 5 gig. They are 3g mobile broadband works great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2