Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Verizon Motorola Droid / Alltel Motorola Milestone

Feedback Score
    I've got good news and bad news.

Good news: restore was successful. I'm on a regular rooted 2.1 update1 Droid from Alltel.

Bad news: It seems to be unsuccessful at this time. Data will not connect.

I'm going to connect the phone to QPST or CDMA Workshop to see what settings are retained at this time. At this point, it looks like we may need an SBF.

Hm.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Great. About to restore my droid with the alltel stock firmware.

I really wasn't prepared to shell out 100 bucks for CDMA workshop. How would we get a SBF?

Feedback Score
    Well, I'm working on a few different things now. I am currently looking at this:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...1#post13991941

It's apparently the SBF generic file with NO Verizon branding. I'll see what's going on, but there is still hope. Wanna try that as well?

I'll upload the Alltel ROM in a moment. It's completely clean, restored to default.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I wish you guys luck.

Feedback Score
    A huge thank you to Nebraska for doing that for us. I'm still looking at values in QPST and tinkering around. Another good sign is that the carrier names, etc, are sticking using that SBF from earlier. Anyone else having luck?

You know, if anyone can look at their values in QPST under M.IP and Data (including the sub tabs) and report what values they have, this may help.

Feedback Score
    At this time, QPST is saving and sticking values, but I'm still unable to get it to work. I know we'll be able to get this working with two things: either CDMA Workshop or the Alltel SBF. I wish we could get the SBF, but I'm not sure if that will happen.

Feedback Score
    I'm watchin this thread like a hawk! Is the rom available for download? i would love to put it on my motorola droid and help contribute! Thanks in advance for all the work that you guys are putting into this!

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Getintothegame View Post
    A huge thank you to Nebraska for doing that for us. I'm still looking at values in QPST and tinkering around. Another good sign is that the carrier names, etc, are sticking using that SBF from earlier. Anyone else having luck?

You know, if anyone can look at their values in QPST under M.IP and Data (including the sub tabs) and report what values they have, this may help.
    no clue.
    10char

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Getintothegame View Post
    Well, I'm working on a few different things now. I am currently looking at this:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...1#post13991941

It's apparently the SBF generic file with NO Verizon branding. I'll see what's going on, but there is still hope. Wanna try that as well?

I'll upload the Alltel ROM in a moment. It's completely clean, restored to default.

Yeah, I'm already running a cleaned version of Nebraska's Rom. But I'm clueless on where to find the SBF file.

It's hard to find alltel firmware, now that theres so little of us left

Feedback Score
    Any new news on getting the rom to work?

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by calerez View Post
    Any new news on getting the rom to work?
    The rom works, Its just the settings that aren't correct. I'm currently playing around with the rom in QPST and QDXM. So far no progress. Probably going to have to use CDMA Workshop. But wasn't really wanting to spend $100 on it Anyone got a licensed copy I could use for this project?

Feedback Score
    ooo ok man i wish i had a copy id totally give it to you. so does the phone work with calling and its just the data that doesnt work? Are those setting that you can just copy from the milestone or do you have to change them within CDMA workshop? I know that there is a couple of older versions floating around that you can download for free but im not sure if its the same as the new version. Sorry for all of the questions im just curious lol

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by calerez View Post
    ooo ok man i wish i had a copy id totally give it to you. so does the phone work with calling and its just the data that doesnt work? Are those setting that you can just copy from the milestone or do you have to change them within CDMA workshop? I know that there is a couple of older versions floating around that you can download for free but im not sure if its the same as the new version. Sorry for all of the questions im just curious lol
    Calling is good with stock alltel rom or stock verizon rom (Manually programing) and Text messaging is good stock.

Data is possible and i have the correct settings, i just need CDMA Workshop to write it to the phone. There is a cracked version of CDMA workshop out there (Version 2.7), but it doesn't have a EVDO Tab, which allows PPP editing which is the data settings.

So with CDMA Workshop we could have:
    -Fully functional calling without roaming issues.
    -Fully functional texting.
    -Fully functional data.

What we wouldn't have:
    -MMS

MMS is the most aggravating thing when it comes to flashing phones.

What were looking for is the SBF file for a stock alltel milestone. This file is basically a full flash file of the phone. It contains all the settings that is on the alltel one, including PPP settings, MMS settings and everything. We already know if we had it, it would work.

At first i was worried about the difference in model numbers, because the Verizon Droid's is A855 and Alltel's Milestone is A854. But after i ran the alltel rom on my droid it changed the model number in the settings to A854, so it's pretty much a guarantee that a flash with the SBF file will make EVERYTHING work.

Feedback Score
    ok that makes sense! thanks for the info! now all we gotta do is locate that sbf file! lol

Device(s)
    ROKR Z6m
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brad_trent94 View Post

What were looking for is the SBF file for a stock alltel milestone.

Think it's possible to get the Radio rom from the milestone SBF to put on my droid X that I have activated on alltel? I only have 1X cause i just CAN NOT get down to the bottom of getting the provisioning correct in cdma workshop, htc phones are CAKE to get on alltel's 3G network, not the moto's.

Even if I could just get an NV file memory dump from CDMA workshop, that would be the ticket for all motorola droid models being on alltel's 3G network.
    Eris on alltel since december

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast