Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 96

Thread: Verizon Motorola Droid / Alltel Motorola Milestone

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    63
    Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0

    Verizon Motorola Droid / Alltel Motorola Milestone

    Okay, Here's my predicament. I have a verizon motorola droid that I'm currently using on pageplus. But i have family that has alltel. Im wanting basically a software image of a alltel motorola milestone to restore my moto droid with so it will have the settings of the alltel one so i can use it perfectly with alltel. If this fails maybe just the settings? Like with MMS and 3G. I saw how 3G is possible but i want it with MMS as well. Hmm.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    41
    Feedback Score
    0
    Hello!

    Yeah, I'm wondering if someone can use something like ROM Manager to do a backup of the Alltel firmware so that we can flash them over. They should be similar enough to be okay, and then we should be able to activate them on Alltel with full functionality. Is anyone able to make a backup or locate the SBF for this phone? I'll be willing to flash it and report back!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    63
    Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Getintothegame View Post
    Hello!

    Yeah, I'm wondering if someone can use something like ROM Manager to do a backup of the Alltel firmware so that we can flash them over. They should be similar enough to be okay, and then we should be able to activate them on Alltel with full functionality. Is anyone able to make a backup or locate the SBF for this phone? I'll be willing to flash it and report back!
    I agree, cause seriously, who wants to try and sell a outdated droid on ebay, then turn around and buy the same outdated phone for double of what you're going to get for it on ebay.

    These phones are exact. Same phone model number and all. This shouldn't be any different than flashing any other phone. . . .We just need someone what has the alltel version.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    41
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm keeping a close eye on forums. Hopefully we'll have something tonight!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    63
    Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Getintothegame View Post
    I'm keeping a close eye on forums. Hopefully we'll have something tonight!
    Yeah i hope. I saw people talking about how they had the milestone in the "New Phone(s)" Thread. I kinda posted a combination of our post in it of what we want. Hopefully someone will help. As of now im about to downgrade my droid from 2.2 to 2.1. Since alltel milestone only has 2.1, even if we restore with the .sbf, we'll need to have 2.1.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    41
    Feedback Score
    0
    Well, we'll see. I am currently on 2.0.1, ready to go whenever we get something. Subscribed to hopefully have good news!

    Here are other threads.

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?p=8328661
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/and...stone-rom.html

    I think that's all for now. Thank you for looking as well - I thought I'd have to do this alone!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    41
    Feedback Score
    0
    Any updates? It shouldn't be that hard to upload a backup of the phone rooted. I'd even be willing to host the files if needed.

    I'll add what I typed up a second ago to this:

    For those of you rooted, would one of you please do the following?

    Please note that you're going to want to be pretty stock - you'll want to remove contacts, messages, emails, etc. If you don't feel comfortable doing this, I can do it for you by sending me your backup via Private Message. Either way, this is an experiment that we'd like to try to get Verizon Droids to act as Alltel Milestones.

    The methood is fairly straight forward, and I was hoping one of you could do the following. It will take about 10 minutes of your time and a lot of credit will come your way for helping us.

    I'd prefer you to be on stock Alltel firmware, but if you're not, it should be okay. Onward!

    1. Install Universal Androot.

      You'll need to go to 'Settings' on your Milestone, then tap 'Applications'. Tap the option at the top titles 'Unknown Sources', and agree. Next, using your Milestone's browser, navigate to http://bit.ly/aa4jxJ. Install and root your phone with the application.
    2. Install ROM Manager.

      Go to the Market and type in ROM Manager. Download and install the free version. It'll guide you through how to install the ClockworkMod recovery which will help you back up your phone. After doing this, tap the option about half way down the application titled 'Backup Current Rom'. Label the ROM 'Alltel'.
    3. Upload the Backup.

      Connect your Milestone via USB and mount to the SD card. Navigate to /clockworkmod/backup and ZIP the 'Alltel' directory (or whatever you named it earlier.) With the ZIP, either upload it to a post or PM me so I can clear out the data and make it a standard ROM to share.


    Thank you for your help guys. I hope we can get this to work!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    146
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Getintothegame View Post
    Any updates? It shouldn't be that hard to upload a backup of the phone rooted. I'd even be willing to host the files if needed.

    I'll add what I typed up a second ago to this:

    For those of you rooted, would one of you please do the following?

    Please note that you're going to want to be pretty stock - you'll want to remove contacts, messages, emails, etc. If you don't feel comfortable doing this, I can do it for you by sending me your backup via Private Message. Either way, this is an experiment that we'd like to try to get Verizon Droids to act as Alltel Milestones.

    The methood is fairly straight forward, and I was hoping one of you could do the following. It will take about 10 minutes of your time and a lot of credit will come your way for helping us.

    I'd prefer you to be on stock Alltel firmware, but if you're not, it should be okay. Onward!

    1. Install Universal Androot.

      You'll need to go to 'Settings' on your Milestone, then tap 'Applications'. Tap the option at the top titles 'Unknown Sources', and agree. Next, using your Milestone's browser, navigate to http://bit.ly/aa4jxJ. Install and root your phone with the application.
    2. Install ROM Manager.

      Go to the Market and type in ROM Manager. Download and install the free version. It'll guide you through how to install the ClockworkMod recovery which will help you back up your phone. After doing this, tap the option about half way down the application titled 'Backup Current Rom'. Label the ROM 'Alltel'.
    3. Upload the Backup.

      Connect your Milestone via USB and mount to the SD card. Navigate to /clockworkmod/backup and ZIP the 'Alltel' directory (or whatever you named it earlier.) With the ZIP, either upload it to a post or PM me so I can clear out the data and make it a standard ROM to share.


    Thank you for your help guys. I hope we can get this to work!
    I have a nandroid backup of alltel stock rom. I'm busy with classes today, but if nobody else has, I can probably pm you it, although I'm not sure how to take out my contacts and info.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    41
    Feedback Score
    0
    If you want to PM it to me, I will make sure it's clean before releasing it. I'd be glad to even PM what we create to you verification before release.

    I can tell you we'd really appreciate it. Thank you for replying!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    9
    Feedback Score
    0
    I would also be interested in this, I have a motorola droid but im on alltel i want the milestone but would hafta pay a rediculous amount to get it as i just upgraded a couple months ago. please keep us posted! this would be awesome!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    63
    Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaX24 View Post
    I have a nandroid backup of alltel stock rom. I'm busy with classes today, but if nobody else has, I can probably pm you it, although I'm not sure how to take out my contacts and info.
    If you don't mind PM me a copy as well. HA i remember working with you on the Eris on alltel task lol. I'll clean out all personal info before i try to update to my phone. Ive heard the model number for the alltel milestone is a854 not a855 like the verizon droid? could you please clear this up?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    63
    Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Getintothegame View Post
    If you want to PM it to me, I will make sure it's clean before releasing it. I'd be glad to even PM what we create to you verification before release.

    I can tell you we'd really appreciate it. Thank you for replying!
    Were so close i can taste it lol. Alltel Milestone guts'n'a'droid here i come lol

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    41
    Feedback Score
    0
    Should have an update in the next few hours!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    15
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    0
    I have a rooted Milestone, but cant achieve wi-fi or bluetooth tether. Is it possible?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    146
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiakbear View Post
    I have a rooted Milestone, but cant achieve wi-fi or bluetooth tether. Is it possible?
    wireless tether works on mine. I'm running a non-stock rom however.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 11:38 PM
  2. FS: Unlocked Motorola Milestone (Droid)
    By huskyfan23 in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 08:57 PM
  3. Does the Motorola Droid Milestone work on At&t 3g??
    By one028 in forum Windows Mobile (Before 7)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 04:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks