Thread: Help, wife threw Motorola Razr V8 Flip Phone - Now in 2 pieces

Feedback Score

Help, wife threw Motorola Razr V8 Flip Phone - Now in 2 pieces

Yea, my wife threw my Razr Flip Phone and now there is no flip, just 2 pieces. Any chance this is repairable and I can recover the 300 contacts? Anyone know of a repair shop?

Phone doesn't turn on even if plugged into socket.

Please Help!

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; DROID2 Build/VZW) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 854X480 motorola DROID2)

You can retrieve the contacts via Motorola Phone Tools, as long as the phone will hold a battery and power on. (You don't need the upper-flip for the phone to power on.)

Feedback Score

No power

The phone won't power up. It will hold the battery and I can get the back cover on. Do you actually need the back cover on a phone to power it up?

Is it possible that the battery is damaged and a replacement battery a solution?

Internal circuitry a more likely cause?

I can't really find any repair shops online either. Yea, I know the phone is 3 years old and was going to be replaced. I have Motorola Phone Tools but need power first.

Thanks for your help.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; DROID2 Build/VZW) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 854X480 motorola DROID2)

No, you don't need the battery cover. When you hold power, you don't see the keypad light flash? Typically, when a flip phone is broken in half, it only rips the flex cable, which shouldn't affect phone power.

Feedback Score
    From the first time that I put the phone back together (flip came apart, battery was out) and then tried to turn it on, I've seen no light, flash, nothing. Thinking maybe the charge was affected, I plugged it in. No change. Holding down the off key doesn't generate any change.

If the phone is really dead, my question is what is the likelihood it is a battery issue (it was 3 years old - could the impact have damaged it?) or it is an internal circuitry issue. Replacing batter easy and cheap. The other, well, not so easy.

Device(s)
    Note 3, Iphone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    You could always get spare parts and try rebuilding the phone yourself..

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score

You're probably out of luck, honestly.

Feedback Score
    Where do the contacts get stored on the phone anyway? Let's say the battery is the problem. Is there a backup battery source or is the battery failure enough to cause the contacts to disappear anyway?

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Wireless
    Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by jerman00
    Where do the contacts get stored on the phone anyway? Let's say the battery is the problem. Is there a backup battery source or is the battery failure enough to cause the contacts to disappear anyway?
    You can buy a new battery, but I wouldn't expect it to work.

Feedback Score
    Try a local phone store, they have special tools for syncing and retrieving contacts. No promised if its possible without power but that is honestly your best bet.

Feedback Score
    Google and try to rebuild the cell if not give it for repairing, the local stores sometime do a neat job and doesn't cost too much either. If the problem still shows after that, I think you'll have to go for a new one and this time tell the wife it's her's too

Feedback Score
    there must be a Motorolla shop near you...

Holla if you hear me....

Feedback Score
    My razor flip phone is broke in half the key pad lights up but the screen want come on how to i get my contacts from the phone.. Please email me back or send me a text at 1-606-224-4157.
    If you can this would help me out alot... THANKS

Feedback Score
    If it has a SIM sometimes contacts are on the SIMs.

Btw what'd you do lol?
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) $192yr UTnT 5GB exp 08.08.19
    Red Pocket (AT&T) $184.50yr UTnT 1GB exp 02.19.20
    T-Mo Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.16.20
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 10.05.19