Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: X10 vs. Captivate vs. iPhone 4

Device(s)
    Nokia n95
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Cingular Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for weighing in everyone. I had more than enough opinions to push me over the edge, haha. I received the x10, which is a nice upgrade from the Motorola Backflip (which I didn't pay money for -- an AT&T SVP came and talked to my bschool class and he gave them away during a trivia session). Although the software is a bit .. crippling, its snappiness (particularly when compared to the Backflip) is quite refreshing.

Just hoping they get that (delayed) update out soon. :P

Thanks again!!

I'm happy to still be the proud owner of zero Apple products.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Why is it that SE phones seem to suffer from low call volume? I swear every SE phone I've ever had suffers from this problem.

Feedback Score
    So X10 won... Captivate is the 1st runner up

Device(s)
    Sony Xperia X10
    Feedback Score
    I agree with Saber X, I have owned the phone twice now, at first I thought it was just a bad model and gave it another chance and was I wrong. The phone had arguably one of the worst touch screen sensitivities, now this might be fixed with the 2.1 update, because the 1.6 was absolutely crap, I don't even know why Sony even released a phone with that fw, especially for a high end device. The X10 does have nice internal hardware, but the speakers on it was one of the worst loud speakers I have ever heard, and the issue that bothered me the most, was the Call quality, yes phones can do anything now these days, but lets face it a phone's still primary focus is to make calls, you can barely hear the other person on the other end. I remember having to shift and change positions just to make out what the other person is saying, if your in a slightyly noisy environment, don't even bother because you can't make out anything, of course if you use a bluetooth headset the volume was loud and fine like it should be. If they can fix all this in the next update then that would be great, but from what I heard about some people having the update it will not fix the speakers and call speakers, because that's just crap hardware. Good job SE.

Device(s)
    Huawei P30 Pro 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    VodaCom
    Feedback Score
    Ive had my X10 since July and im still enjoying it, for those of you having touch issues, the X10 has a 2nd screen protector on it, look at the corners, you'll notice it, that's whats creating a bit of loss of the responsiveness, id recommend removing it, i did, its stuck very well on so it will take a bit of force.
    As for 2.2, according to Rikard at the Official SE Product Blog, after this 2.1 update there's another update, mainly focusing on Timescape and Mediascape but it may also feature an OS update to Froyo, there's no confirmation yet, but it is possible that Froyo will come early next year with that TS/MS Update.
    I must say im very happy with my X10, its a beautiful workhorse hopefuly SE will support it until this time next year.
    Samsung GALAXY Note 4 32GB +128GB MicroSDXC Charcoal Black
    Apple iPad 4 WIFI+4G LTE 16GB White
    "World can't hold me, too much ambition."Jay-Z

Carrier(s)
    Cingulatt
    Feedback Score
    So what is the latest on the GPS issue on the Captivate? Thanks.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Communications
    Feedback Score
    y is the thread called x10 vs capt vs ip4 and not jus "capt vs ip4"? x10 shudnt even b included in this thread because it is not in the same league with capt n ip4. x10 was a big fail. looked great on paper but execution was horrific.

-it first came out with batt issues and ridiculously slow, r2ba020 fixed it to some extent but is still slow compared to other smart phones and touch screen responsiveness still sucks. even the 3gs which came out half a year earlier with a slower cpu and less ram runs faster than the x10, that is unforgiveable. the 1ghz snap dragon cpu feels like some....idk, some 128 ghz cpu or something

-x10 is also always a whole year behind as far as software is concerned its like running an i7 intel chip computer on windows 95.

-no multitouch means slower and sloppier typing, if ur a good fast typer that exceeds the threshold speed that single touch allows, u will get all sorts of weird letters after ur done typing ur sentence

-although 8mp camera, it sucks. try comparing a picture taken by x10 with 1 taken by ip4's 5mp camera, u wud notice the ip4 pic is much more crisp n clear, n colors r much more lust n vibrant. its not all abt pixels, its abt colors n its focus ability which the x10 lacks. the extra pixels on the x10 r jus there for show, x10 pics have this blurry and smoothed out effect. i can show u pic comparison if u want as i have tested them b4 since i own both phones (yeah i used to b hardcore SE fan but got fed up with x10 and ditched it for ip4 apparently)

-timescape: wow, this "thing" that SE prides their phone on is the most useless thing ive ever seen in my entire life

the slow speed of the phone was the main reason that doomed the phone i think. most ppl out on the internet who says x10 is an "incredible" (yeah some ppl think that) r ppl who had x10 as their first smartphone n have never seen the forest. i can write a 10 page essay on why the xperia x10 sucks

i guess its passable as a smart phone, but when compared to capt n ip4 which right now r what i and many wud claim to b the current top 2 smart phones, they r worlds apart, seriously. x10 was nothing but an overhyped phone (which i fell for) unfortunately.

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    I almost stopped reading after your first sentence because there were way too many abbreviations haha, you make some great points. I had so many problems with typing (made me appreciate the iPhone keyboard), timescape is basically useless (never planned on using it anyway, but SE could have done well with this phone without it just because it would have sped up updates), and the lack of 2.2 really blew.

The phone wasn't slow to me but it did lag with some apps and I did have apps crash a lot (including SE's prized mediascape which I did like). Cam wasn't terrible but could have been better. I wonder if 2.1 improved images but I know it's supposed to add 720p recording.

At the end of the day, it's about whatever fits people's needs. There is far more support for the Captivate and iPhone though. For people remotely interested in tech, updates are necessary to stay with this constantly changing technology. For the general consumer, the X10 is great. I have a friend who has a Samsung Moment on Android 1.6 (or 1.5... can't remember... either way not 2.1) and he's perfectly fine with it. I was fine using 1.6 on the X10 when 2.0 and even 2.1 was available... but once 2.2 released, I couldn't take it anymore, but this is of course coming from a techie.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2