Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Vancouver, BC Wind Service Review

Feedback Score

Vancouver, BC Wind Service Review

I have looked around this forum but have not found user reviews of the Vancouver service.

Experiences int he downtown and Greater Vancouver area would be great.

I am thinking about using the Wind Phone a my business cell phone so reception is key.

thanks

Feedback Score
    i live around 234th and 124th in Maple Ridge, WELL outside the "wind home" zone, and i get reception here. I work all over the , former, GVRD, and have only dropped two calls since launch day, June4th. All in all its great.

Device(s)
    Nokia E72 X10
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers/Vodafone.DE O2.DE Cellcom Fido
    Feedback Score
    Umm what business are you in? If you were in the GTA I would say steer clear. I have a few questions .
    What is the cost of 1 lost client? Can you afford to miss calls? Can you afford to drop calls? This whole home zone away zone no zone thing.. like you are in an away zone that has become a no zone because you have disable roaming and forgot to re-enable it and the client is calling to tell you that he wants to use your services BUT you never get the call and he uses someone else.

Someone said it's the cost of doing business...

All examples have happened.. some have been not a big deal. others huge. over 30k in commission for a real estate deal is the one I now of first hand. A bloke in Toronto that's a plumber lost work, a woman running late was not able to call daycare to tell them to wait and got dinged 75 bucks for not giving them notice. Now I can not say for sure that is how it is there.. here in Toronto.. ahuh pretty much spot on.

Feedback Score
    I live in Vancouver so I was particularly asking for reliability in this area. My business partner resides in Toronto and there are some areas with horrible reception....

Device(s)
    Nokia E72 X10
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yes I get that.. but my questions are the same. Wind has a long way to go. What is your business and whats the cost of a lost client. plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by badboidavid View Post
    I live in Vancouver so I was particularly asking for reliability in this area. My business partner resides in Toronto and there are some areas with horrible reception....

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    I get ALLOT of dropped calls...daily pretty much. Sound quality is also poor sometimes. Data sometimes doesn't work. This is on my new phone....replacement of a much worse one. I have the HTC Maple.

I live in Port Moody, which is technically outside the officially covered area, but the towers are turned on.

My friend who lives in Burnaby and is on Wind also gets lots of dropped calls.

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    FYI I also got dropped calls with Bell and bad sound quality, tho probably 1/4 or less dropped calls with Bell than Wind. Never really had any dropped calls with Virgin or Koodo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rockjock View Post
    Umm what business are you in? If you were in the GTA I would say steer clear. I have a few questions .
    What is the cost of 1 lost client? Can you afford to miss calls? Can you afford to drop calls? This whole home zone away zone no zone thing.. like you are in an away zone that has become a no zone because you have disable roaming and forgot to re-enable it and the client is calling to tell you that he wants to use your services BUT you never get the call and he uses someone else.

Someone said it's the cost of doing business...

All examples have happened.. some have been not a big deal. others huge. over 30k in commission for a real estate deal is the one I now of first hand. A bloke in Toronto that's a plumber lost work, a woman running late was not able to call daycare to tell them to wait and got dinged 75 bucks for not giving them notice. Now I can not say for sure that is how it is there.. here in Toronto.. ahuh pretty much spot on.
    Ill be honest your making it seem worse than it is. Yes they have work to do but I have been with Wind and overall it isn't bad. The only issue I have with is York University but than again buildings such as Acolade West and East, Vari Hall, Founders College, Stedman, William Small and Petrie Science building I get reception in. The only buildings I have an issue in is Ross, Scott Library and Curtis Lecture Hall but then again those buildings were designed to withstand a nuclear attack, the concrete is THICK!

Get a decent device, don't cheap out and overall you should be fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phreek_11 View Post
    FYI I also got dropped calls with Bell and bad sound quality, tho probably 1/4 or less dropped calls with Bell than Wind. Never really had any dropped calls with Virgin or Koodo.
    Well I guess, Wind doesn't have to commit right away to you since you do live outside there proposed coverage zone. And its strange that you got dropped calls with Bell and not with Virgin and Koodo when they essentially are on the same network. I believe sometimes when an account is provisioned wrong (that was the explanation Rogers CSR gave me when they couldn't resolve my line not working every other month) things like this happen.

@ the original OP get a new number and test it for a week or so. Get yourself a cheap handset from that sale there having so this way you can also afford the loss.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, OnePlus One, Moto E 2nd gen.
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Using an HTC Maple here and never had a single dropped call. I had a call with weird garbled sounds at SFU about a week after WIND started in Vancouver, but that has been pretty much the only call issues I've had. One annoying this is that data is slow sometimes....likewise, there is no reception underground for Canada Line.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i dont talk much on the phone, only have the chat plan with unlimited txt...
    tho when i do talk on the phone, never had any problem.....
    $48
    Unlimited incoming and outgoing calls, Unlimited Canada-wide long distance
    Unlimited text, picture and video messages from Canada to Canadian, U.S. and international wireless numbers
    5 GB of Data, Call Display, Voicemail, Unlimited Circle Calling, Call Waiting, Conference Call

Gold Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 32GB + 128GB SD Card

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy SII 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I live in East Vancouver. Never had a dropped call. Signal is really low at 29th station and no signal at granville station. If you're using for business I would not suggest wind.

Device(s)
    Nokia E72 X10
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileservice View Post
    Ill be honest your making it seem worse than it is. Yes they have work to do but I have been with Wind and overall it isn't bad. The only issue I have with is York University but than again buildings such as Acolade West and East, Vari Hall, Founders College, Stedman, William Small and Petrie Science building I get reception in. The only buildings I have an issue in is Ross, Scott Library and Curtis Lecture Hall but then again those buildings were designed to withstand a nuclear attack, the concrete is THICK!

Get a decent device, don't cheap out and overall you should be fine.
    At York U I never had an issue there with Rogers.. that was with my V3 back in the day with less towers. When I was stationed at Downsview base I was in real shelters that could take a hit.. got a few bars there too.. Is it that bad.. just hit the forums and see.. all I was and am saying is.. for business I would not go cheap.. much like having a refurbished pacemaker put in.. sure it's cheaper.. but is it better?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    Bell (2009 - ...?)
    Feedback Score
    What's service like in Richmond? I know they tower share with Bell, and Bell's HSPA is really mediocre in Richmond since they only have like 3 or 4 towers all running on 1900MHz.

I'm curious as to what their service is like
    PHONEMODO
    I swap phones cause I can!

Isn't Hipstamatic just awesome?

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    @ phonemodo According to the President of WIND in a recent speech to the Toronto Board of Trade, WIND has been totally unsuccessful in its attempts to tower share with any competitor in Canada. So, this means that WIND does not share towers with Bell in Richmond. All of the competitors seem to find some kind of technical issue in order to avoid having to share their towers. Tower sharing makes sense from a business point of view as well as from and environmental view but the greedy Big 3 appear to be doing everything in their power to get around the regulations. For the reference to tower sharing and the full script of the speech to the toronto Board of Trade, please read the WIND blog post entitled "Customer is King". There is a link to the speech in this post.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast