Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Walmart Family Mobile Information Thread

Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score

Walmart Family Mobile Information Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxmonkey View Post
    This is it here

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    So that's 1mbps or roughly 120KB/s

Sent from my iPhone 5

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by silentjudge View Post
    So that's 1mbps or roughly 120KB/s

Sent from my iPhone 5
    Isnt that 900KBs?

Feedback Score
    OK, In English, is it the case that in the $45 "unlimited talk-text-data" in terms of data, I get a certain amount at optimum speed and thereafter I still get data but at a slower speed? If that is the case, then what would be the amount of data in terms of time (1 hour 2 hours ECT) and when it slows down, how slow is it (dial up speed or worse)?
    As I'll be getting a new phone for this plan, is there one that I can modify to get better speeds?
    thanks for the info

Feedback Score

Re: Walmart Family Mobile Information Thread

Quote Originally Posted by godot View Post
    OK, In English, is it the case that in the $45 "unlimited talk-text-data" in terms of data, I get a certain amount at optimum speed and thereafter I still get data but at a slower speed? If that is the case, then what would be the amount of data in terms of time (1 hour 2 hours ECT) and when it slows down, how slow is it (dial up speed or worse)?
    As I'll be getting a new phone for this plan, is there one that I can modify to get better speeds?
    thanks for the info
    Idk about tweaking for better speed but the 2G speeds are 100 KB/s download and about 200 up.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by godot View Post
    thanks for the info
    Took from here https://www.myfamilymobile.com/Suppo...type=RATEPLANS
    The following Speed Boost Options are available to customers on the Unlimited Talk, Text & Web plan:
    1GB Speed Boost for $10/month
    3GB Speed Boost for $20/month
    8GB Speed Boost for $40/month

Feedback Score
    they changed plan
    40 for first line and 35 after
    But more interesting 1Gb of 3g shared data now instead of 250mb before. Competition is good

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid MAXX
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I was in Wal-Mart the other day and saw that they have Samsung Galaxy S II's for WFM at the $40/month unlimited talk, text and web.

Has anyone tried it? I'm curious since the S2 is a 4G phone if you get 4G data. If so, that would be pretty sweet, even having to pay the $300 for the phone doesn't sound to bad if you can get 4G data.

Device(s)
    VE20s
    Feedback Score
    I understand that if you have a BlackBerry, forget about data or web access. Comments are welcome.

Feedback Score
    My MMS isn't working for my Iphone on Walmart Family Mobile , what do I put

Cellular Data
    APN
    Username
    Password

MMS
    APN
    Username
    Password
    MMSC
    MMS Proxy
    MMS Max Message Size
    MMS UA Prof URL

Internet Tethering
    APN
    Username
    Password

Idk if I need anything besides mms stuff but I just want to send pictures with non Iphones as well

Feedback Score

Angry $100 in bill credits for phone upgrade

has anyone started to get the $20/month bill credits for a phone upgrade. i bought my wife a galaxy s2 for christmas and activated it shortly after and still have not seen any bill credits. they keep saying next month, next month. ima call up there and go apeshite if they don't start appearing on my next bill.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tom2112 View Post
    I was in Wal-Mart the other day and saw that they have Samsung Galaxy S II's for WFM at the $40/month unlimited talk, text and web.

Has anyone tried it? I'm curious since the S2 is a 4G phone if you get 4G data. If so, that would be pretty sweet, even having to pay the $300 for the phone doesn't sound to bad if you can get 4G data.
    When the SG2's first went on sale for $329 for TMo prepaid I bought one. The $329 included a $30 prepaid card. A month or so ago, I switched to FM from TMo prepaid. The other day I ran a speedtest just to answer that same question you pose concerning 3G vs 4g. The result was 10.82mbps down, 2.21mbps up, and a ping of 96ms. So seems to me, I get the TMo's "4G" when in a good location.

Feedback Score
    I just moved two phones from ST to Family Mobile, and intended to move two more. But now it looks like Tmobiles new family plan is a better deal! Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brg88tx View Post
    has anyone started to get the $20/month bill credits for a phone upgrade. i bought my wife a galaxy s2 for christmas and activated it shortly after and still have not seen any bill credits. they keep saying next month, next month. ima call up there and go apeshite if they don't start appearing on my next bill.
    well, it's official...wfm is a bunch of lying scam artists. it's been over 4 months since we took advantage of their $100 bill credit "promotion" and the bill I just got DID NOT have any credits. calling to argue with the indian csrs does no good either. BEWARE

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brg88tx View Post
    well, it's official...wfm is a bunch of lying scam artists. it's been over 4 months since we took advantage of their $100 bill credit "promotion" and the bill I just got DID NOT have any credits. calling to argue with the indian csrs does no good either. BEWARE
    Haven't had any problems with WFM, so your experience is far from "official" or anything else. Have you tried going into a Walmart Connections center in one of their stores for help? You might also try calling customer service again, anyone who has had a cell phone before, knows that CS experience with all carriers is highly dependent upon which CSR answers the phone and that sometimes it takes several calls to find a competent CSR. Besides the $100 bill credit wasn't much better than scam mail-in-rebates, which are always a hassle to receive if you ever receive them, which is why retailers offer the crap.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam73065 View Post
    Haven't had any problems with WFM, so your experience is far from "official" or anything else. Have you tried going into a Walmart Connections center in one of their stores for help? You might also try calling customer service again, anyone who has had a cell phone before, knows that CS experience with all carriers is highly dependent upon which CSR answers the phone and that sometimes it takes several calls to find a competent CSR. Besides the $100 bill credit wasn't much better than scam mail-in-rebates, which are always a hassle to receive if you ever receive them, which is why retailers offer the crap.
    sam, google "walmart family mobile $100 bill credits" and you too will see the numerous complaints on ripoff report. NOONE has ever received any of these credits, and they use the same ole tactic like blaming it on a software glitch, saying it has to be in service 30, then 45, then 60 days and always promising the bill credit will be on next month's bill. going to walmart does no good either, they just refer you to the foreign speaking csrs.

Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast