Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Blackberry 9700 OS 6.0

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S/Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by onyxhatch View Post
    i installed os6 on my 9700 and its a disaster. the screen icons are small and wont highlight when i use the touch pad, when i try to change the theme so I can maybe see the icons better, it flashes the screen for a tenth of a second and goes back to the previous screen over and over again. the "tray" icons are so small and barely readable and my background is white. currently downloading 5.0 again...

Is it b/c i used desktop manager 6?

-Carlo
    You didn't delete the t-mobile cods from the java folder.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    Bell (2009 - ...?)
    Feedback Score
    I just downloaded the latest leak onto my BB 9700, no issues whatsoever
    PHONEMODO
    I swap phones cause I can!

Isn't Hipstamatic just awesome?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Bold 9900
    Carrier(s)
    SingTel
    Feedback Score
    wow...at last! I don't think the 9780 is out at many locations
    drink Coke...save water

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I'm having memory leak issues. So much that at one point my screen went white and I got some sort of error. Had to do a battery pull. End up doing a battery pull every other day if not everyday. Kind of annoying

I still am not receiving emails I send to myself from gmail. It's really annoying.
    250 minutes / unlimited E&W 6PM / unlimited incoming / R2R / CID, VM, 2500 SMS / 500 int'l SMS / 100 LD / 6GB data
    $55 + $2.13 + tax = $64.56

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9630 Tour + 9700 Bold 2 Onyx
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Everything seems to be good on my end, BUT one thing. When I try to punch in a number or name on the screen then click on the "back" arrow, it sends me to a white screen with an APP Error. 620 I believe? Then resets my phone every time. That's on my Bold 9700.

Device(s)
    Moto X (Current) Q10, Bold 9930, Blackberry 9700 (All Retired)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW and AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well...it was fun while it lasted! I went back to OS 5. I was having way too many issues with app compatibility issues. Totally sucks! I REALLY liked OS 6. Oh well, I'll wait until the "offical" version is released and the apps support it.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700/6.0.0.534
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.358 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I updated to the new .358 leak from the .344 leak. Seems faster than .344 so far. Also appears that now when you update Facebook from 1.8 to 1.9 it works on Social Feed if that matters to you :P. I'm still having issues on sending MMS. I can't seem to figure out how to send an MMS message. Everytime I highlight a picture and press the menu button and select Send, there isn't an option that sends it as an MMS. This is my only problem thus far.
    Home Speed Test:

Blackberry Bold 9700 Speed Test:

Phone History:
    Nokia 5125 -> Audiovox CDM-8910 -> Nokia 6275 -> LG Muziq -> Motorolla Renew -> Motorolla Z6w Unlocked -> HTC Dream -> HTC Magic -> Palm Treo Pro Unlocked -> Blackberry Bold 9700

Device(s)
    Bold 9700 OS6
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers UMA
    Feedback Score
    To sends MMS, select the picture/file and send as txt msg. BB will change to MMS mode briefly to send it, and switch back. You can also go into messages options and select which mode to choose, sms/mms or auto choice.

Quote Originally Posted by DiSTroy3d View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.358 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I updated to the new .358 leak from the .344 leak. Seems faster than .344 so far. Also appears that now when you update Facebook from 1.8 to 1.9 it works on Social Feed if that matters to you :P. I'm still having issues on sending MMS. I can't seem to figure out how to send an MMS message. Everytime I highlight a picture and press the menu button and select Send, there isn't an option that sends it as an MMS. This is my only problem thus far.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9700/6.0.0.534
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score

I don't even have an option to send as an MMS when I press the menu button while viewing a picture

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2 LE
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Everything works great on fw .358.

Although, I find Facebook is a little jumpy while scrolling news feeds.
    ""Wine'm, dine'm, sixty9'm""

Feedback Score
    I installed the OS leak .358 a few days ago and it has been working great! Just within the past 2 days my data service seems to be intermittent/lagging or not working at all. PIN messages, web browsing, streaming audio (sirius apps). Works fine via WIFI. If i remove the battery it will work for a bit, but then revert back to not working. I've resent my service book and still the same thing. It was working flawlessly for about 3 days before this started happening... Any ideas hofo?

Device(s)
    Blackberry 9700
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Quick question for T-Mobile 9700 users with either .344 or .358: does web2go work properly for you? I tried both versions of OS 6 on my 9700 and I don't get the matrix of icons, nor does "my account" work properly. Do you all have the same issues? Thanks for your help.

Feedback Score
    Any one have problem syncing contacts/calendar with google? I can't seems to get BB calendar/contacts updated with google calendar/contract entries.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by avitez View Post
    Quick question for T-Mobile 9700 users with either .344 or .358: does web2go work properly for you? I tried both versions of OS 6 on my 9700 and I don't get the matrix of icons, nor does "my account" work properly. Do you all have the same issues? Thanks for your help.
    I have a Tmobile 9700. I had it since launch day 2009. I tried OS6 .418. Loved everything but:

About 40 mb less memory available
    Webkit browser doesn't work with google apps at all
    No Viigo
    No column view in browser, but can get zoomed view with standard web pages. Something like this page is too small to read
    Gmail app doesn't have a usable search function any longer

The Gmail app problem, with the browser issue, makes OS6 a no go for me. Going back to OS5. I don't keep a ton of messages in my phone, so I need access to search in Gmail.

Everything (mail, sms, wallpaper, homescreen, etc.) looks a ton better in OS6, though.

After using an iPad for 6 months, and an iPhone for a few days, I decided to go back to my 9700. I thought OS6 would be perfect. Its not. Stick with OS5.

If you've used a 9700 and an iPad, and try an iPhone4, you'll see an iPhone4 as a step backwards. Not as good as an iPad for media consumption and app use, not as good as a 9700 for messaging or phone use.

That said, I hate to say that I agree with all the industry talk about RIM's BB OS as being old and tired. If I wasn't so much faster on a BB because of years of using same (7100t, 8100, 8320, 8520, 9700), I'd switch in a second. I still may go to an Android device.

Oh well.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, formerly Bell Mobility (4 years), formerly Telus Mobility (Since '98, ended 2010) - 13 years
    Feedback Score
    Just put .418 on my 9700.

I have to say, it's really not all that impressive. I think OS6 was designed for touch screen devices (Tour and upcoming Storm 3.....yes it will happen), but was an afterthought for the rest of the RIM fleet.

It runs well (browser seems to function better), but with all the hype, I don't consider this the game changer RIM was hoping for their OS. Hopefully the release of some better themes will change my opinion.
    But on the plus side, I knocked over the SunSphere.

Muh Plan:
    U/L Canadawide Calling
    U/L Picture/Video/Text Messaging
    5 GB Data
    $55/month less 10% for BYOD

The Former Abbywack-A-Mole

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast