Thread: I have a great idea for an app.

Device(s)
    Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score

I have a great idea for an app.

I have a wonderful idea for an app but i dont know who I can talk to or trust in developing this app. I am pretty sure it can make a decent amount of money. Just a neat little app to have for an iphone 4.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You can trust me...

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

You can trust me…

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Dude, google for iphone developers and find someone. File an NDA for the invention disclosure and decide on the pricing structure. A lawyer would cost you couple thousand dollars but it is totally worth it.

At least for the time being, write it down somewhere and witness it with a date. US copyright rules are first to document not first to invent. Just an FYI. If it is documented somewhere you can always handle a litigation if it comes up (hopefully, not)

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Have a million dollar idea and don't know what to do with it??

There's an app for that.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Like maverick said, make sure that you have anyone you tell the idea to sign an NDA before disclosing the idea.

Device(s)
    Motorola Atrix HD Maxx / iPhone 5 (backup)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick.sp View Post
    At least for the time being, write it down somewhere and witness it with a date. US copyright rules are first to document not first to invent. Just an FYI. If it is documented somewhere you can always handle a litigation if it comes up (hopefully, not)
    Copyrights go into effect once something is actually created, not just thought up.

Patents can go back to the date of invention -- when you actually came up with the idea and documented it.
    Seems like it is cool to have these in your sig?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vircaci View Post
    I have a wonderful idea for an app but i dont know who I can talk to or trust in developing this app. I am pretty sure it can make a decent amount of money. Just a neat little app to have for an iphone 4.
    I think someone has already made a HD poop app...

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 16gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AahH View Post
    I think someone has already made a HD poop app...
    Just what the Retina display has been waiting for!

Device(s)
    iPhone 6+ 64gb
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    have you searched the appstore? i have many wonderful ideas, as did my friends, but after searching the store, my ideas were already done.

Carrier(s)
    Bell :@ -> Fido :-) -> Rogers :-) -> Mobilicity + Skype! ;)
    Feedback Score
    If you're willing to drop some money on it you can hire a kid from Bangladesh to do it for a few grand.

Elance...

Audiovox POS, Motorola E815, Motorola Q (on Bell), iPhone 3G, HTC G1, iPhone 3G - Thanks HowNow, iPhone 3GS (on Fido), Nexus S (on Mobilicity), iPhone 5 (on Virgin)

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by acfusion View Post
    have you searched the appstore? i have many wonderful ideas, as did my friends, but after searching the store, my ideas were already done.
    Regardless - the NAME of your app can be different and if it offers better utility, memory management, and is unique enough to be well MORE APPEALING it CAN outsell something already in the store.

there is EverNote, Note+, Notes, Note(this or that & there & inside & pink/brown etc etc) - yet ALL these note apps are monkey balls. They just take notes. I'd like reminders to my notes, integration into the calendar, ability to set Alarms with different tones for each app. Some are better designed than others regardless of extra features in EverNote - I wouldn't pay a DIME for it.

Right now THINGS! is the best because well ... maybe its a GTD app not a note app. Takes some getting used to really.
    $10 for IOS app, $35 for Mac OSX app (single/$59 for Family) but its seriously incredible. And the leader of the free GTD contenter has joined the development team so updates are happening MUCH faster now.
    Formerly: Prom1, now I'm Supa_Fly!!
    My Feedback