Thread: Where could i currently buy a 2.1 Streak to use on Fido Canada?

Feedback Score

Where could i currently buy a 2.1 Streak to use on Fido Canada?

And is it 850/1900 on the hspa side?

Thanks

Device(s)
    HTC Magic
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatever2009 View Post
    And is it 850/1900 on the hspa side?

Thanks
    Best Buy in the US is carrying the AT&T version which plays nicely with Roger/Bell/Telus and their flanker brands. $549 USD without a contract.

Rogers will be carrying it "shortly", where shortly likely means available before Christmas. Leaked price is $549 no contract, or $149 on 3 years. Given that, Best Buy in Canada should be carrying it shortly as well.

Is also available directly from Dell, though you might have to get it shipped to a US address.

Note: Currently all devices are shipping with 1.6. Dell has committed to 2.2 with a revised UI (Stage) for a December release for Softbank in Japan. I doubt you will ever see an official 2.1 release from Dell.
    bj - HTC Magic 32A - Rooted - CM6-Minimou [2.2]

Feedback Score
    ey thanks for the info! The AT&T version works on rogers and fido but will the Rogers version work on Fido I wonder? Their rogers phones dont work on fido (which they own).

I want to avoid a carrier unlock situation, I want one that just works with fido out of the box

Device(s)
    HTC Magic
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatever2009 View Post
    ey thanks for the info! The AT&T version works on rogers and fido but will the Rogers version work on Fido I wonder? Their rogers phones dont work on fido (which they own).

I want to avoid a carrier unlock situation, I want one that just works with fido out of the box
    Interestingly enough the Dell.ca site was updated today and now lists the Streak as 549 (down from 599) and specifically states (sim free device, for use on the Rogers network only). Neither of these statements make sense since all the other versions of the Streak have sims and all the other Rogers smartphones have sims. I suspect the second implies that they may be selling a carrier locked version which is different that in the US and UK where the Dell store verison are unlocked.

Feedback Score
    Well when Rogers gets its greedy fingers on something, nothing makes sense. The US version is compatible with fido based on roaming agreements. However, Rogers does not require any of thier phones to work with Fido because in the end its the exact same network, they're just blocking Fido from their version of the streak.

If Rogers sat back and reflected they would make it both Rogers AND fido compatible.... duh, who cares which 30$ data plan is being used... they own both companies...

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The US Streak is also locked to AT&T
    My 500th post was on 04-16-2005 17:13
    My 1000th post was on 08-20-2005 10:05
    My 1500th post was on 12-11-2007, 14:51
    HoFo Feedback
    PHILLY'S APRIL MEET PICS

^^^^GO HERE^^^^

Hit me up on GTalk @ JonMTCurley
    Call Me Whenever 267-793-0093

Feedback Score
    I have ordered the phone from dell canada but it is locked to rogers and i want to use it on fido! Any ideas?