Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: yesterday same rep who spoke about curve talked about 9780 coming to wind

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSplines View Post
    Yesterday a Vancouver Wind dealer added the 9780 to its listing of Wind phones, along with the HTC HD7 and the Nokia C7.

http://www.cellworldco.com/products-...hone/wind.html
    very reputable site, and excellent find. Can't wait till WIND launches the HD7 and Nokia next week!!!!!

/// kidding.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iHype View Post
    very reputable site, and excellent find. Can't wait till WIND launches the HD7 and Nokia next week!!!!!

/// kidding.
    lol

*filler*
    Formerly FidoFan

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Well that store is getting them in, but they're getting a bunch of other unlocked devices.
    The word 'Pentaband' means '5 Bands', from the Greek word 'pente' meaning '5'. For a phone to be pentaband it has to support 5 bands. If the phone has AWS support, it doesn't automatically mean that it is pentaband.

Don't send me PMs for questions that can be asked publicly.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSplines View Post
    Yesterday a Vancouver Wind dealer added the 9780 to its listing of Wind phones, along with the HTC HD7 and the Nokia C7.

http://www.cellworldco.com/products-...hone/wind.html
    They also have many other phones that work on WIND that WIND does not carry, looking on a dealer site tells us nothing. We already know it'll work with WIND mobile, now it's just whether or not they'll carry it and when.

Device(s)
    If I told you, I'd have to kill you
    Carrier(s)
    Robbers
    Feedback Score
    They won't release the 9780 until 2011. They don't even have all the OS6 service books working correctly yet

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    Bell (2009 - ...?)
    Feedback Score
    They're gonna carry the 9780. A store manager told me so when I asked about tossing a leak of OS6 onto my 9700.
    I think he may have already had one but I didn't feel like asking. I can say though, that if they're gonna bring it out, its definitely going to be $400-$450 since Rogers is selling it at $450 as it is no-contract
    PHONEMODO
    I swap phones cause I can!

Isn't Hipstamatic just awesome?

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I can't imagine them selling it for any more than what they are currently selling the 9700 for. Most people won't recognize the fact that the 9780 is much of an upgrade, it's still a 9700 to them.

Device(s)
    Nokia 8890
    Carrier(s)
    fido
    Feedback Score
    the 9780 is a t-mobile version of it, no word of the wind 9780 yet

Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    I don't see Wind getting this device for a few months. If Wind hasn't launched it yet, you have to assume that they are going to want to wait before releasing it since it doesn't look like they will have it before Christmas. To release the device right after Christmas would be a disaster. No one would buy it. A February or a March release I could see happening.
    Just loving it.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    I don't see Wind getting this device for a few months. If Wind hasn't launched it yet, you have to assume that they are going to want to wait before releasing it since it doesn't look like they will have it before Christmas. To release the device right after Christmas would be a disaster. No one would buy it. A February or a March release I could see happening.
    If they wait until February or March then nobody will care - everyone will want the QNX devices. I think we'll definately see the 9780 before Christmas, even if that means sitting on some 9700 stock.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Classic, BlackBerry Priv, Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    i went back to the store after I saw all these posts and he said should see it by the 2nd week of December. price he assumes is $450-500, he says itll come with a 2gb micro SD card, 5mp cam, OS6.. and the 9700 will be dropped to $350-400, but he says he doesnt know anything solid yet, all he knows is that the 9780 is on the horizon before christmas(they want to get all older stock of the 9700 and the pearl or whatever its called and only keep the curve 3g and 9780 "refresh")..

dont shoot the messenger, im just excited. i have OS6 on my 9700 and it runs super smooth, and itll only be better on the 9780..

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2000 View Post
    i went back to the store after I saw all these posts and he said should see it by the 2nd week of December. price he assumes is $450-500, he says itll come with a 2gb micro SD card, 5mp cam, OS6.. and the 9700 will be dropped to $350-400, but he says he doesnt know anything solid yet, all he knows is that the 9780 is on the horizon before christmas(they want to get all older stock of the 9700 and the pearl or whatever its called and only keep the curve 3g and 9780 "refresh")..

dont shoot the messenger, im just excited. i have OS6 on my 9700 and it runs super smooth, and itll only be better on the 9780..
    *ALL* BlackBerries come with a 2GB micro SD card, so that's not a big deal. Everyone else is selling the 9780 (ie. Robellus) for $450 unsubsidized, so I think it will be less on Wind.

The 9700 currently sells for $400, but I can see some crazy promotions to get rid of existing stock. The Pearl hasn't sold well for anyone (rumour has it that the Pearl line is EOL at RIM) so no wonder they're trying to give them away.

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    I don't believe the Pearl is being phased out by RIM. Maybe by Wind, but that would be a mistake IMO. Sure, the Pearl is not my first choice for a berry, but it has a loyal following and I'm sure there are many that would choose the Pearl over a full Qwerty berry. Personally I think it's one of the nicest looking berries out there.

People complain that Wind doesn't have a good selection of phones, so Wind is trying to increase the selection, and getting rid of a decent phone like the Pearl is not the way to go (Wind can get rid of the Huawei U7519 asap).The original Pearl was a good seller for WAY long than the average phone, and was still somewhat popular a couple of years after it's original release. Keep the Pearl, just don't stockpile a ton of them.

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    I don't believe the Pearl is being phased out by RIM. Maybe by Wind, but that would be a mistake IMO. Sure, the Pearl is not my first choice for a berry, but it has a loyal following and I'm sure there are many that would choose the Pearl over a full Qwerty berry. Personally I think it's one of the nicest looking berries out there.

People complain that Wind doesn't have a good selection of phones, so Wind is trying to increase the selection, and getting rid of a decent phone like the Pearl is not the way to go (Wind can get rid of the Huawei U7519 asap).The original Pearl was a good seller for WAY long than the average phone, and was still somewhat popular a couple of years after it's original release. Keep the Pearl, just don't stockpile a ton of them.

Device(s)
    Optimus T P509
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    QNX OS is not OS6 on the 9700/9780.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2