Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are any Bell users thinking about switching to Wind or Mobilicity ?

Device(s)
    Nexus S
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score

Are any Bell users thinking about switching to Wind or Mobilicity ?

my bell plan $65 inc tax
    700 min daytime
    unlimited incoming
    Bell to Bell calling
    evenings and weekends after 6pm
    voice mail, call display, 3 way
    mobile internet

I just went and picked up a mobilicity phone
    $40 fnf plan
    unlimited north america calling
    unlimited data

so far its working everywhere i need it to.
    even works in places that arent on there map yet.
    it has its problems but hay they just launched last week.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Same as you, just picked up a Mobilicity phone today to test the network, so far i'm really impressed, think I might make the switch.

Device(s)
    LG Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Since your bell plan includes tax, you should adjust the Mobilicity plan to $45.
    The word 'Pentaband' means '5 Bands', from the Greek word 'pente' meaning '5'. For a phone to be pentaband it has to support 5 bands. If the phone has AWS support, it doesn't automatically mean that it is pentaband.

Don't send me PMs for questions that can be asked publicly.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    How are you able to pick up a Mobilicity phone to just test the network (without committing to a contract)?

If its that simple, maybe I should try it out too. i always drive along the 91 Hwy fro New West to Rmd, and my work is on corner of #6 / Westminster Hwy (right outside of their coverage map). I wonder if it'll work there?

Quote Originally Posted by CorSter View Post
    Same as you, just picked up a Mobilicity phone today to test the network, so far i'm really impressed, think I might make the switch.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Have you told Bell you're leaving to Mobilicity? I wonder what they would do for you if you told them you are leaving....

Quote Originally Posted by Tman1977 View Post
    my bell plan $65 inc tax
    700 min daytime
    unlimited incoming
    Bell to Bell calling
    evenings and weekends after 6pm
    mobile internet

I just went and picked up a mobilicity phone
    $40 fnf plan
    unlimited north america calling
    unlimited data

so far its working everywhere i need it to.
    even works in places that arent on there map yet.
    it has its problems but hay they just launched last week.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Fido
    Feedback Score
    I will never substitute a much superior network to save a few bucks per month.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by becky1982 View Post
    How are you able to pick up a Mobilicity phone to just test the network (without committing to a contract)?
    Mobilicity has no contracts. I bought one of their $50 phones and paid for the first month of service. Kind of an expensive test but it's the best way to know if it'll work for you.

Their return policy is 30 days, and less than 30 texts, 30 minutes, 1mb of data... though i'd rather push the network to it's limits than worry about returning such a cheap phone.

So far the network seems pretty solid where I am (Downtown Ottawa)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotch-guy View Post
    I will never substitute a much superior network to save a few bucks per month.
    whats superior? i make/receive calls and use data on mobi/wind just like i did on the others ... does bells network cook breakfast for you or something? i might have to sign up!

Device(s)
    Google Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Yeah I agree....define superior. Bell = $130/month taxes in. Mobilicity = $33.60/month taxes in with unlimited usage. Is Bell 4x better than Mobilicity? I'd argue not. Even with the current holes/dead spots in Mobilicity coverage it's getting harder and harder to justify my rank Bell bill.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Fido
    Feedback Score
    Hmmm.....how about indoor coverage, cities that entirely covered, data that actually works, national 3G data, not having to roam on Rogers crappy network. How's that for a start? I have no problem with those who try to save a couple of bux by choosing Wind or Mobi, if the limitations of those carriers are acceptable. Just don't try to compare them to Belus, cause there isn't any. And for the record, I bought a Wind SIM just to compare them to Bell in Calgary. In a word.....pathetic. You get what you pay for in life.
    Last edited by Scotch-guy; 11-23-2010 at 02:52 PM.

Device(s)
    Google Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Hmmm.....how about indoor coverage, cities that entirely covered, data that actually works, national 3G data. How's that for a start? I have no problem with those who try to save a couple of bux by choosing Wind or Mobi, if the limitations of those carriers are acceptable. Just don't try to compare them to Belus, cause there isn't any. And for the record, I bought a Wind SIM just to compare them to Bell in Calgary. In a word.....pathetic. You get what you pay for in life.
    I guess everyone expects something different out of their wireless service.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mapajegio View Post
    I guess everyone expects something different out of their wireless service.
    The only expectation I have, is that it works (almost) everywhere. Like I said, for MY needs, reliability is more important that $$. And for what I pay @ Bell, I wouldn't be saving more than a few dollars per month anyway.

Feedback Score
    Hmmm.....how about indoor coverage, cities that entirely covered, data that actually works, national 3G data, not having to roam on Rogers crappy network. How's that for a start? I have no problem with those who try to save a couple of bux by choosing Wind or Mobi, if the limitations of those carriers are acceptable. Just don't try to compare them to Belus, cause there isn't any. And for the record, I bought a Wind SIM just to compare them to Bell in Calgary. In a word.....pathetic. You get what you pay for in life.
    calgary must be sad all around then cause i dont really have problems in toronto. I still roam on rogers when i'm far away, but so what, i pay less for roaming than you do for LD.

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Sorry guys but scotch is right. I wouldn't switch off my Smartphone 50 with $15 discount for Wind or Mobilicity. Regardless of the ETF. The coverage isn't sufficient and roaming on EDGE isn't my cup of tea. Plus the phone selection is god awful. Hopefully they can expand and soon.

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Moto X
    Carrier(s)
    Bell, Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stunaz View Post
    calgary must be sad all around then cause i dont really have problems in toronto. I still roam on rogers when i'm far away, but so what, i pay less for roaming than you do for LD.
    No you don't cause I don't pay for LD. Don't assume that you know what you don't know. Not even all the GTA is covered, so what have you proved?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast