Thread: How can Sprint miss this opportunity?

Device(s)
    Kyocera DuraXT-Primary
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL-DONE
    Feedback Score

How can Sprint miss this opportunity?

Lets sat the Geniuses at Overland Park have decided to write off iDen as a dying network in the USA.But how can they miss the opportunity that exists with other iDen networks overseas ,especially South America. Iden is very strong there,so you have a lot of people who live in the US ,but have family in these countries.So there is an untapped potential for iDen in the States if you factor in International DC.Would make sense if one of the world carriers would just buy the iDen network from Sprint,build it up & show them the error of their ways.They really want just to cannabalize the subscriber base,& kill off iDen.as a stand alone network .Iden can do very well again in the States.
    Leaving Brooklyn? FUGGEDDABOUDDIT!

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    According to this fact sheet: http://goo.gl/eclEV the new version of Sprint's CDMA PTT expected to debut in Q3 2011 will have International Interoperability w/ iDEN. Next...
    Thrill me...

Device(s)
    LG VS740 Ally
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless.........
    Feedback Score
    If you have to ask that question, then you have not realized, fully, the level of cluelessness at sprexhoostgin.

They have no clue.... MetroPCS should just buy out the 1900 PCS system, SoLinc or NII purchase iDEN, kick clear free, sell off the any other spectrum, and leave the burden of the rebanding debt to what ever is left.

sprexhoostgin will NOT be around in any of its current forms or disguises in 2 years.

Device(s)
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Not to start a flame war here... but south America and most of the world does not use iDEN.
    If/when they go international, its a dual mode. If Sprint were to keep iDEN alive for a few international folks in DC, their roaming rates would be $10,000/minute.
    Interesting how iDEN in south America grew by 1% while CDMA decreased by 2% in south America/Carribean

http://www.4gamericas.org/index.cfm?...age&pageid=368
    http://www.4gamericas.org/index.cfm?...age&pageid=568

Even in north America, iDEN is on a steady decline
    http://www.4gamericas.org/index.cfm?...age&pageid=367
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
    According to this fact sheet: http://goo.gl/eclEV the new version of Sprint's CDMA PTT expected to debut in Q3 2011 will have International Interoperability w/ iDEN. Next...
    Good find but I can't help but think most of us here are "suspect" of their plans. Nobody has even been able to figure out what platform (ie Q-Chat, Kodiak etc) they will be using. I'd be interested to find out what companies are involved in the development of it.

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rec9140 View Post

sprexhoostgin will NOT be around in any of its current forms or disguises in 2 years.
    Blah, blah, blah...Let's leave the pointless (and likely inaccurate) soothsaying out of this shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    Good find but I can't help but think most of us here are "suspect" of their plans. Nobody has even been able to figure out what platform (ie Q-Chat, Kodiak etc) they will be using. I'd be interested to find out what companies are involved in the development of it.
    I'd be interested as well, but you know how these corporations try to play things close to the vest. See the alleged VZW iPhone for an example. I imagine that we'll learn more as Q3 2011 approaches. If you think about it, while it would appease us techies, it really doesn't benefit the company to tip their hand about future product this far out.