Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Is Wind being sold? Is Orascom out? Who are the new owners? What's happening?

Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile - Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    WHAT THE F*(&) is WRONG WITH THE OP???

What a moron! No freaking clue of how to proper interpret a freaking English article, plus this non-sense thread!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rangelpm View Post
    WHAT THE F*(&) is WRONG WITH THE OP???

What a moron! No freaking clue of how to proper interpret a freaking English article, plus this non-sense thread!
    Just updated the op. Next time read posts in the thread as well. I also recommend checking this out.
    Last edited by iamthelemonking; 12-27-2010 at 10:24 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthelemonking View Post
    Just updated the op. Next time read posts in the thread as well. I also recommend checking this out.
    In that case, you should check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia
    Learn to read. lol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AlessiaCC View Post
    In that case, you should check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia
    Learn to read. lol
    In what part of my post did you sense paranoia? I just want to know whats happening that's all.

Device(s)
    Moto Z Play, LG Q6, Umidigi A3 Pro dual sim,
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Public Mobile, Wind, Fido
    Feedback Score
    I was wondering the same thing when I read the rockjock comment that you have to live in a cave to not know about this.

So I was interested in what the senior members had to say.

However - there's more info in this other thread.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...ia-s-VimpelCom

High finance and foreign intrigue - the Russians are coming - the Russians are coming.

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    WIND is owned by Globalive, a Canadian company.
    Globalive has not put WIND up for sale.

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by live_strong View Post
    Due to the way the wind ownership works, Orsacom owns the vast majority of the debt that Wind holds (I heard 80-90%), and they own something like 65% of the equity, but Globalive has ownership control, even though they are a minority shareholder.

Complicated enough for you?

Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by live_strong View Post
    Orsacom has majority in the common shares of Wind Mobile (65%), meaning that most of the profits that Wind makes goes to Orsacom. Globalive has majority in Wind's voting shares (idk exactly how much, too lazy to look up their records), meaning that they control Wind and whatever it does.

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by v3inew View Post
    Orsacom has majority in the common shares of Wind Mobile (65%), meaning that most of the profits that Wind makes goes to Orsacom. Globalive has majority in Wind's voting shares (idk exactly how much, too lazy to look up their records), meaning that they control Wind and whatever it does.
    The board of Directors must be 80% Canadian and that Canadians own 80% of the voting shares (from an old Financial Post article on the subject).

So the profits Wind makes goes overseas (assuming they've made any profits, they've burned through $500 million so far in cash and have $100m left according to an FP article on the Orsacom buy-out I read)
    What, you trust what I say? I'm just some random guy/gal on the intertubes.
    I am not a lawyer, nor does anything I say constitute legal advice.
    Learn how to use Google.

Device(s)
    Nokia E72 X10
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers/Vodafone.DE O2.DE Cellcom Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by likebutta View Post
    Fixed.
    Rants.. Reuters, Financial post, bloomberg, the Moscow times all rants.. I do like what you have done with your cave. I really do!

This has been news since what October? Tony started his blog asking whats so whats so bad about foregin ownership ? http://www.windmobile.ca/community/W...ign-ownership/

All in all this does not bode well. simple google searches will yield more rants from ranting journalists!

I have read some reports that Wind Italy is off the deal as is Algeria, and the deal is still on track but not as it was meant to be. The whole ownership debate is pointless as many people have stated 100% of the debt is 100% control. Evidenced by how Orascom lists Wind.ca as one of its operations while tony made it clear they were just an investor nothing more...

Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by knowitalljerk View Post
    Due to the way the wind ownership works, Orsacom owns the vast majority of the debt that Wind holds (I heard 80-90%), and they own something like 65% of the equity, but Globalive has ownership control, even though they are a minority shareholder.

Complicated enough for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by v3inew View Post
    thus WIND is still owned and operated by Globalive.
    the debt of the company is held by Orsacom, a foreign company.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rockjock View Post
    The whole ownership debate is pointless as many people have stated 100% of the debt is 100% control. Evidenced by how Orascom lists Wind.ca as one of its operations while tony made it clear they were just an investor nothing more...
    Sure, legally Globalive has executive/BoD control of Wind but we all know the golden rule; he who has the gold makes the rules (in this case a unit of Orascom). This was the core reasoning behind the original CRTC ruling that WIND was "in-fact" foreign-controlled, since Orascom has a debt ransom hanging over WIND's head and WIND does and will need further capital funding to expand and sustain their business.

Device(s)
    HTC Maple
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Expect the big three to wrap themselves in the flag. They will probably add little maple leafs to their logos.
    Most Canadians with wireless service don't know about the Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Service

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    All of this is meaningless - although Orascom may own 65% of the shares there will be an agreement in place where Wind can buy back shares when they either start making money or get the money to do it.

Device(s)
    Nokia E72 X10
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers/Vodafone.DE O2.DE Cellcom Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SharpieFiend View Post
    All of this is meaningless - although Orascom may own 65% of the shares there will be an agreement in place where Wind can buy back shares when they either start making money or get the money to do it.
    Buy back the shares? with what my friend? Good intentions? so its what 450 million for the spectrum.. some have said 500 million for network and handsets.. so lets say 1 billion. Where is tony gonna get that kinda cash from? The interest alone must be killer. It is not making money. It is not going to make money for a long time. There was talk of tony getting funding.. that fell through. It is a wait and see game. Sharpie how is it all meaningless? You really honestly believe that the sale will not change things? Really? you my friend are a true dyed in the wool supporter! Tony should have you in his adverts.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast