Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OMG! Could it REALLY be?!?!? REAL, TRUE MO-SMS for Nextel iDEN?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 256GB Black/Verizon, iPhone 7 256GB Black/AT&T, iPhone 6s 128GB/T-Mobile
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel was a thriving culture within a company and Sprint SINGLE HANDILY DESTROYED IT.
    Feedback Score

Exclamation OMG! Could it REALLY be?!?!? REAL, TRUE MO-SMS for Nextel iDEN coming this January?

Hey all,

Check this out! I just came across this and it *APPEARS* to be legit. It's Page 7 of "The Playbook" dated December 29, 2010 and refers to TRUE MO-SMS coming to PURE Nextel iDEN (for some phones) as of 01-09-2011!!!!!

What do you all think?

Cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I am looking to take over a former *Centennial Wireless* Account that was converted to *VERIZON*. Preferably one with a data card, but I won't discriminate if it's a voice plan with a dumbphone/smartphone/whatever. If it's a former Centennial Account and is now a VERIZON account, but still has the Centennial Plan on it, then I AM INTERESTED!

FINALLY reached my 6,000th post on Monday February 28th, 2011 at 2:23 A.M. EST.

Device(s)
    i776
    Carrier(s)
    nextel/sprint
    Feedback Score
    I Sent an email to Boost Mobile asking about true sms and they Gave me this reply:
    At the end of this year, the new post paid Sprint phone models will have SMS. Their first SMS phone will be a QWERT
    Y sideways slider. Boost also has a couple of phones planned for mid next year with SMS. However, there is still a chance they may not enable SMS on these. Our mgmt isn't sure they want to spend the money to make changes to the billing system needed to provision devices with SMS.
    this message was posted from a i1 “iDroid" using opera mini 5.1
    Check out the >iDEN Facebook group and the Direct Connect Facebook page<

Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.18487/22.414; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

what's next we get widen back!?! I'm still ticked that boost gets call tones and Nextel doesn't.
    Last edited by boss_hog; 12-31-2010 at 10:14 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    This is sounding like the cluster we went through in moving to the i930/i920 units . Needs a special SIM card , needs a special data plan , needs a customer care center with a brain , and on and on. My biggest question is, WHY NOW ? They should have gotten on the ball with this immediately post-merger . Now that iDEN has its death sentence, does it really matter all that much ? Could this be a play to get someone to finally buy the almighty iDEN National Network from Sprint ? Truly, I believe this will only cause more confusion amongst the iDEN customer base, similar to what I mentioned above, and wreak chaos that the dumb MFs in the stores will have no training on , like usual when it comes to the iDEN side of the house .
    I left NEXTEL because:
    1) Gary Forsee for single-handedly killing the mighty NEXTEL
    2) Paul Saleh for coughing up the money for Gary's BIG ideas of grandeur from the NEXTEL cash cow
    3) Timmy Donahue for taking his golden parachute and leaving post-merger when we needed him most
    4) Barry West for regressing iDEN backwards 10 years by killing 6:1 and WiDEN development
    5) Dan Hesse for practicing apathy over sympathy, then prolonging the pain

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by boss_hog View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.18487/22.414; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

what's next we get widen back!?! I'm still ticked that boost gets call tones and Nextel doesn't.
    First, Sprint has to figure out how to work a 12:1 vocoder, iDEN VSELP, and many other intricacies... then we can visit that subject.

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    And yet again, ya just can't ever please all of the folks all of the time....
    Thrill me...

Device(s)
    A lot of them
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    To Little...To Late... 2010 is over. I remember the Day 0/Day 1 Playbook which said IDEN would sunset in 2010..Why are they adding a new feature? Just kill the damn network for consumers, and move it to business/first responder service ONLY.. Take the boost mobile/Consumer account aspect out of it. This technology should never seen the consumer light of day, period.
    BlackBerry Pin: 7be6f3d8 New BBM App on iPhone 5S YAY!

Device(s)
    i776
    Carrier(s)
    nextel/sprint
    Feedback Score
    I hope that Sprint Nextel enables mo-sms for the i1. (like that will happen.)

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The network will not begin to be sunsetted for another 3 years. MO-SMS based workflow is starting to get used instead of verbal dispatch. It naturally leaves a written paper trail.

Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BlackBerry; Opera Mini/5.1.22303/22.414; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

There's along time before that date and there is no reason to not do it if it can save customers or gain some in which it can. Besides network vision isn't going to cut it for ptt and the date will be moved to 2017 only to revisted again with finally putting the current 4g-5g on iden handsets and then Nextel will turn around and maybe by then sprint will understand how much coverage matters and add towers finally and just maybe become a real top 3 runner

Device(s)
    Motorola V950 Renegade
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Denial, not just a river in Egypt.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 256GB Black/Verizon, iPhone 7 256GB Black/AT&T, iPhone 6s 128GB/T-Mobile
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel was a thriving culture within a company and Sprint SINGLE HANDILY DESTROYED IT.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
    Denial, not just a river in Egypt.
    One of the few times aI actually agree with you Evan. He has TOO MUCH confidence in Sprint. :-D

And, thank you to all who have posted USEFUL comments here so far. That does NOT include YOU RedHead"Twink".

Device(s)
    Motorola Titanium
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    did the playbook say whether or not the i856 has wi-fi or not?

Feedback Score
    And remind me again why MO-SMS can't be enabled in older phones? IIRC, the falcon phones all supported an SMS Gateway in RSS if activated? Why can't Ma "M" provide a MR that enables it?
    ------------------------------------------------
    Old

New

------------------------------------------------
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf..."

God bless our Marines...

Device(s)
    Android, Windows
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    IMHO, Im still thinking that Sprint will not trash Nextel in 2013. IMHO, i think Nextel will live on and/or someone will buy it and/or Sprint. :-)

Im looking forward to the new i886.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast