Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A quick little comparison (Wind vs Mobilcity) most of you already know **PIC**

Device(s)
    HTC Amaze 4G + BlackBerry Bold 9780
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Public Mobile expanded past oakville to hamilton; they still blow though.

Mobilicity needs to hurry up and expand GTA, they have fallen behind.
    Profile Assist for BlackBerry - Free for a limited time.

Carrier(s)
    wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by alxlabs View Post
    China/Japan/Korea which is critical for me as I go there on business and depend on roaming. I don't want to cary two cellphones
    you dont need two phones, just two sims, OR a dual sim phone

Carrier(s)
    WIND!!
    Feedback Score
    Mobi can't touch Wind either can Ro-bel-us
    The biggest risk is not taking one
    Rogers Ex-Convict. Time served: 6 yrs and 11 months. Bail posted at: $400
    I now have the WIND beneath my wings and am contract free
    $40 MIRACLE PLAN! Enough said!

Carrier(s)
    BELL Canada
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; HTC_DesireZ_A7272 Build/FRG83D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ago Vino Verita
    ^^^ Mobile call alerts? What do you mean? The texts you get after you missed a called? Like Fido's WhoCalled? Service? I find that service heck annoying.
    If someone wants you and your phone is off then leave a message. That is what is VM is for.

Are those the ones you were refereeing to?
    But what of someone decides not to leave a voicemail? I think because of the spotty coverage in some areas, this service keeps u up to date on who called u when u were out of service zone.

Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Foreigner cannot buy sim card in many countries on top of that I don't have a time for this niether want to bother with call forwarding to keep my number

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Foreigner cannot buy sim card in many countries on top of that I don't have a time for this niether want to bother with call forwarding to keep my number
    Name one Country I've never heard of this.

Device(s)
    Nexus One
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lukeiphone View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; HTC_DesireZ_A7272 Build/FRG83D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

But what of someone decides not to leave a voicemail? I think because of the spotty coverage in some areas, this service keeps u up to date on who called u when u were out of service zone.
    What happens to me is...when I am in AWAY zone when I make my first AWAY call, it'll not get through and I think the logic behind it is to make the user look into why its not getting through which eventually makes the user realize they are in the WIND AWAY zone and make alternative actions like using another's cell phone or home phone.

Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    I was refused attempting to buy a sim card in:
    Japan
    South Korea
    Taiwan (however some reports indicate that this is possible but not everywhere)

Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    PS In some countries you can get a sim card but there are other troubles. In Iceland I was not able to get data however voice was OK. In UK (with 3UK) I got voice working but spent in total 3-4hrs with CSR on the phone before got data to work. In China I got a sim card, but cannot get data to work and international calling is blocked, I can dial only domestic numbers. In Singapore I had to dial international numbers very weird way i.e. +1-XXX-XXX-XXXX did not work, I had to edit number manually before dialing out. I simply don't have time for this. Sometimes I have a meeting in one country and next morning I have another meeting in the other one.

Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    Sri Lanka!

I went there in July. When I tried to purchase a sim, because due to a law, a national id was required for a sim purchase. I tried to use my Canadian passport but they couldn't accept it.

Feedback Score
    I was refused attempting to buy a sim card in:
    Japan
    South Korea
    Taiwan (however some reports indicate that this is possible but not everywhere)
    For what reason? I find this hard to believe. Maybe you failed to speak the language, with a seller that only spoke the native language?

Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    PS In some countries you can get a sim card but there are other troubles. In Iceland I was not able to get data however voice is OK. In UK (with 3UK) I got voice working but spent in total 3-4hrs with CSR before got data to work
    You just need change the apn, the samething happens if you take a Rogers phone to Bell, data won't work automatically but voice will.

Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    I'm not that stupid. Changing apn did not help - it was misconfiguration on the provider's side.

Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    PS In UK it was a misconfiguration on the provider's site; in Iceland data was not enabled by default, I simply had no time to call them to get it enabled. In China data is not working by default as well as international calling. I tried to call support, but I don't speek chineese and person on other side did not speak english well enough to get it done or explain what I have to do to get it working... So in some countries I was not able to buy local cards, in some countries you can buy a sim card but you may have to spend significant amount of time on the phone with CSR trying to get all the features you need. And even if you get everything you need you'll have to setup call forwarding to keep your number which is not available remotely with wind. This works for personal travel however this is not a business solution.

Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Italy. Unless you have a national tax collection (or something) card/number, no sim for you!
    What, you trust what I say? I'm just some random guy/gal on the intertubes.
    I am not a lawyer, nor does anything I say constitute legal advice.
    Learn how to use Google.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast