Thread: Experia X10 vs. iPhone

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson C905a
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Experia X10 vs. iPhone

I'm due for a change and am looking to either the Experia X10 or the iPhone.
    (I like the iPhone's dual camera for video chat, but it is a big decision for me, so I need you people's advice.)

In your opinion which is better and why? (Experia X10 vs. iPhone)
    Thanks to all that comment.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Every time Ive tried messing with the x10, it was super buggy, ide go with iphone becasue of the amazing display and well.. everything it does, it does well.

Device(s)
    Xperia z3 compact
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    x10 runs great, loving it! But I do have my ipod touch for all the media entertainment so I have enough juice for talk time
    Current plan: Tmobile unlimited family 89.99
    Current phone: S.E. U10i

Device(s)
    Galaxy S II LTE,SE Xperia ARC, BB Torch,HTC Desire Z, Sony Ericsson Xperia X1a and X10, BB Bold 9000
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus (CRAP), Fido, Bell (CRAP), Orange SK, T-Mobile SK-DE-US, O2 DE, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    X10 wins hands down, iPhone was played out the second it hit the market.
    -Swapping SIM cards since 2001-

Phones:Samsung Galaxy S II LTE I727R, Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC LT15a, BB Torch, HTC Desire Z - Dream - Diamond, Sony Ericsson Xperia X1a and X10, Omnia II US, BB Bold 9000, Nokia N97 N95-3, K790a, W810i, W600i, S710a, Z600i, V3 RAZR, Nokia 3100b, Simens M55, MOTOROLA DPC 550 (Analogue), AudioBox CDM-4000 and 4500 (Ghey), Nokia 3390

Carriers: Rogers, Telus GSM/CDMA, Fido, Bell GSM (CRAP), Orange SK, T-Mobile SK-DE-US, O2 DE, AT&T.

Device(s)
    Nokia
    Carrier(s)
    Axis
    Feedback Score
    I like the iPhone

Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I just bought an X10 because my iPhone broke a few days ago and I miss my iPhone terribly. Maybe it's just because I'm not used to Android vs. iOS but to me the responsiveness of the iPhone's touch screen is far superior to the X10's, plus the keyboard is a lot easier to type on.

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8350i
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL
    Feedback Score
    X10 Battery doesn't give power for more than a few hours - like almost all Android phone. You have to turn a smart to a dumb phone to keep it talking.

Device(s)
    Nokia n95
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Cingular Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I debated this roughly six months ago .. and unfortunately, I chose poorly. There have been very few days when I can say I made the right decision choosing the x10..

The interface is slow, buggy and won't be updated past Android 2.1. Mediascape drives me crazy, and I have to kill all my running apps 6+ times a day just to get good responsiveness.

Sorry SE, but it had to be said, even if it's just one person's opinion.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    iphone... steve jobs was not kidding when he stated the iphone was 5 years advanced........

Feedback Score
    If you are referring to the iPhone 4 then it definitely is better than the X10. I had both and I had the iPhone 4 last, both have been amazing but the iPhone was a stand out. Now, I am planning to get the Galaxy S 2 on timtechs, you may also want to check it out?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S II LTE,SE Xperia ARC, BB Torch,HTC Desire Z, Sony Ericsson Xperia X1a and X10, BB Bold 9000
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus (CRAP), Fido, Bell (CRAP), Orange SK, T-Mobile SK-DE-US, O2 DE, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Now Since late April the Xperia Arc "LT15a" has hit the market, the screen is 0.7" bigger, it uses Bravia display tech, has HDMI output, faster processor, better UI. GET THE ARC, best phone on the market today IMO.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    You have to be a rookie to say the iPhone 3G or 3HE is better than the X10. Look Sony Ericsson just released an Android Gingerbread 2.3 update for the X10. iPhone can't even play flash or MMS on earlier models. The camera is inferior, screen smaller, and it take proprietary EVERYTHING. Apps, un-removable battery, apps have to be Cupertino approved (less free apps than Android). The thing is in "jail", whereas the X10 is free no need to pay money to bail him out.

Now we have the LT15a or Xperia Arc which with its HDMI output, Bravia display, and Rumor R camera running 2.3.3 Android Spanis the iPhone.

Sent from my LT15a using HowardForums

Device(s)
    C510a, W610i
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T-mobile;
    Feedback Score
    One would expect the X10 to be the favorite here in the S/E forum. Best I can tell the iPhone is a phenomenal piece of equipment but there is no way I will pay the price to run one. My kid sure favors his; he can afford it.

Can't say much about the X10 either but I did just get an X8. It is at 2.1 and thus far nothing much is "bugging" me other than the virtual keyboard that I think is hideous. I don't like a gazillion keys on any phone so the "10-key" type presentation (as on a Nuron) is much more my style. Maybe there is an app for that.
    Prepaid Rocks!

Carrier(s)
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    I thoroughly enjoyed my x10 over a 3G and 3GS but I will admit that the 4 is an outstanding device. The x10 was a little buggy for me and I was using it on 1.6 and still happy with it. I just couldn't wait for the delayed updates, but I'm sure the updates for it have definitely improved it. Your resale value for any iPhone will be far greater than for an x10 if that matters to you. You know what you're going to get with an iPhone. Try out an x10 and if you like it then go with that. I would go for an arc over both as many have pointed out.