Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL 5th gen iPhone speculation thread - keep all discussion here!

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Arrow OFFICIAL 5th gen iPhone speculation thread - keep all discussion here!

That time of year again. We are about six months away from any announcement about a new iPhone and rumors are already flying around. Some of those rumors are:

1. No home button.
    2. Dual-Core A5 Processor

What are some things you would like to see in the next iPhone? Larger screen? No glass back? Back to a smoother shape? Revamped OS??
    iPhone XS Max | OnePlus 6
    www.blueearlbrewing.com

Feedback Score
    I was wondering when the 5th Gen would come out. Since I am a VZW customer, I am debating on waiting on the 5th Gen iPhone, or do a 1 year contract to get the iP4.

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Quote Originally Posted by nmwireless
    I was wondering when the 5th Gen would come out. Since I am a VZW customer, I am debating on waiting on the 5th Gen iPhone, or do a 1 year contract to get the iP4.
    Upgrade now and then sell iPhone 4 in June for just bit less than non contract prices are (apple products are losingnvalue very very slowly). And then use whatever phone you are using now for that 1.5 month between the time you sell your iPhone 4 and buy iPhone 5.
    And then when you get iPhone 5, you can even sell that phone your current phone also

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by I has a phone View Post
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Upgrade now and then sell iPhone 4 in June for just bit less than non contract prices are (apple products are losingnvalue very very slowly). And then use whatever phone you are using now for that 1.5 month between the time you sell your iPhone 4 and buy iPhone 5.
    And then when you get iPhone 5, you can even sell that phone your current phone also
    Cool. That is a clever idea!

Andy

Device(s)
    HTC One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm very happy with current ip4 specs but it would be nice to see a boost on those to keep up to date with current times and competition. My only want is perhaps a little larger screen real estate to work with but nothing too enormous that it's unwieldy.

Device(s)
    LG V30; iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think there's enough flash memory currently available. I haven't gone anywhere near filling up the 64GB on the iPad, and even with my full music library on the iPhone, I'm nowhere near filling the 32GB.

The dual core processor will be very nice, assuming everybody's on board for designing applications for making USE of it!

And, I think, 1 full GB of operating RAM would be nice, on both the iPad and iPhone. :-)

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    But all of these moves are leading up to the iPhone 5 -- a completely redesigned handset -- which our sources say is on track for a summer launch. Right now, the device is being tested discreetly by senior staff at Apple (strictly on campus only). We don't have much info on the phone at this point, but our understanding is that the new device will be a total rethink from a design standpoint and will be running atop Apple's new A5 CPU (a Cortex A9-based, multi-core chip). This device, like the iPad 2, will feature a Qualcomm chipset that does triple duty as the CDMA / GSM / UMTS baseband processor -- from what we hear there's no LTE in the mix at this point.
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/14/e...-apple-tv-and/

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 Factory Unlocked
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Spec bump, and plastic or CF backing. To be honest I'd also rather a plastic front since I put invisibleshield on the glass anyways and would be great to have a shatter proof phone.

I hope they DON'T upgrade the camera megapixel wise. It will only reduce actual image quality (higher iso needed for same amount of light). Upgrades in optics etc will make a much much bigger difference.

Of course some antenna tweaking (I really like the antenna in general but a hard anodizing/plastic cover would be good).

And ya to save themselves money they should make it CDMA -and- GSM all in one if they can keep battery life in check.

Here is an upgrade, make an unlockable bootloader like google does

Device(s)
    LG V30; iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by anathema View Post
    Spec bump, and plastic or CF backing. To be honest I'd also rather a plastic front since I put invisibleshield on the glass anyways and would be great to have a shatter proof phone.
    Do we know for sure, is the current iPhone 4 made of the Corning Gorilla Glass or not?

I keep hearing it is, but I also keep seeing and hearing about scratched up iPhone 4 and with damage that I do not think would happen with Gorilla Glass.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The glass is so thin, it doesn't matter what it's made of, it's going to crack easily. I am not sure it's Gorilla Glass brand.

Taken from Apple's website:

Made from the same materials used in helicopters and high-speed trains, the Retina display glass is chemically strengthened to be harder, more scratch resistant, and more durable than ever. The glass also features an oil-resistant coating that helps keep the screen clean.

Device(s)
    iPhone 8925
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Gorilla Glass, from Apple yes. Knock-off replacement parts most likely not.
    Easiest way to tell is through destructive load/pressure testing. Any volunteers ?

Carrier(s)
    AT$T, Visible
    Feedback Score
    I would like a nuclear battery. Never charge the phone again.

iPhone Tapatalk

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Personally I would like to see these changed:

- Slightly smoother form factor. Make it easier to hold like the previous generations.
    - Larger screen. (No larger than 4") A 3.8" screen would keep the PPI over 300 so that 'Retina Display' moniker could still be used.
    - I hope they keep the home button a physical button.
    - No glass back.

Software side:

- New notification system.
    - At least 1st Party widgets. (weather, news, rss feeds, email, contacts, mms, etc..)

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Ting
    Feedback Score
    The one wish I have is that they sell an unlocked version.
    Generic signature text.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I would like to see a stainless steel back, 3.8"-4" screen, faster processor, and make the phone rounder again instead of a square brick.
    iPhone 4 running on StraightTalk Wireless 3G (AT&T MVNO)

Time Warner Cable (Home ISP)
    [/URL]

Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast