Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL 5th gen iPhone speculation thread - keep all discussion here!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 64GB (White)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mandrsn1 View Post
    there will be a single phone with a CDMA and UMTS chipset.
    I believed this too until Apple announced 18 different versions of iPad 2. (Sperate AT&T & Verizon models!)
    If you commonly type the name iPhone as "Iphone" or "I-Phone"... or if you commonly refer to an iPod Touch as an "iTouch" or "I-Touch"...... Then you deserve whole bottle of habanero hot sauce poured into your eyes!

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Whoever is cheaper and WORKS!
    Feedback Score
    Looks good, but I won't believe it until I see it...

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EliteABombAZ View Post
    I believed this too until Apple announced 18 different versions of iPad 2. (Sperate AT&T & Verizon models!)
    Wouldn't there be only 6 different versions? (Wifi, Wifi + 3G, Wifi + CDMA, then the white versions of all three?) (The different Flash Drive capacities wouldn't count as a whole new version)

Device(s)
    Infuse
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ceredon View Post
    Who told you that?
    It is expected that Apple will learn a lesson from ip4 design. External antenna is a bad idea.. hence no manufacturer tried it before, now apple should learn from that mistake & not try it again. It's my theory

Apple products known for flashy externals to increase the hype. Remember Steve Jobs said during iPad 2 annoucement? He said.. we don't want you to hide the beautiful iPad with the cover, hence he released that "smart cover" which only covers the screen! Today's we cover ip4 with a bumper or a case to avoid that antenna issue.

Device(s)
    iPhone XS Max 256GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rapidstar View Post
    It is expected that Apple will learn a lesson from ip4 design. External antenna is a bad idea.. hence no manufacturer tried it before, now apple should learn from that mistake & not try it again. It's my theory

Apple products known for flashy externals to increase the hype. Remember Steve Jobs said during iPad 2 annoucement? He said.. we don't want you to hide the beautiful iPad with the cover, hence he released that "smart cover" which only covers the screen! Today's we cover ip4 with a bumper or a case to avoid that antenna issue.
    Jobs is also known for being obstinate and pigheaded, especially when it comes to aesthetics and often in the face of criticism. If he feels the antenna design meets his industrial design and has convinced himself the problems are nothing major, then he will continue with that design. He might have them alter it a bit so as to claim an improvement, but he will almost never admit fault. A complete redesign would be admitting fault.

My theory is that the antenna of the iPhone remains almost unchanged from the iPhone 5. No certainty, just my theory.
    Unlocked iPhone XS Max 256GB, Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The "leaked" photos look like the same exact form factor as the iPhone 4, but they stretched out the screen to the side edges. People want a bigger screen on the next gen iPhone. A bigger screen would most likely make the device wider and/or longer. I don't want that. I want a nice form factor that I can carry carry/holster around. If you want a bigger screen, then get yourself an iPad or tablet. I like the iPhone 4's form factor and squared off industrial design. Maybe make it a little thinner, that's all. An aluminum back would be cool. These "leaks" are very interesting to follow. Anyway, no matter what the design of the next gen iPhone is, I am getting one!!! But please don't design it like some of those pancake, brick sized Android devices, ie, Droid X. Those things are huge!

Device(s)
    Infuse
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
    The "leaked" photos look like the same exact form factor as the iPhone 4, but they stretched out the screen to the side edges. People want a bigger screen on the next gen iPhone. A bigger screen would most likely make the device wider and/or longer. I don't want that. I want a nice form factor that I can carry carry/holster around. If you want a bigger screen, then get yourself an iPad or tablet. I like the iPhone 4's form factor and squared off industrial design. Maybe make it a little thinner, that's all. An aluminum back would be cool. These "leaks" are very interesting to follow. Anyway, no matter what the design of the next gen iPhone is, I am getting one!!! But please don't design it like some of those pancake, brick sized Android devices, ie, Droid X. Those things are huge!
    I used to think the same .. bigger screen phones are hard to carry around until I got Inspire 2 weeks ago. This is bigger than my ip4 but I didn't notice any hassle carrying it around. I am loving the big screen, I am using my laoptop lot less now. I tried to use ip4 as a weekend phone but the small screen on it forcing me to put the sim right back in Inspire!

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by civicsixxx View Post
    I read some interesting theories that Apple could skip a hardware update this summer and just focus on adding features to iOS. It actually makes some sense considering they just launched on Verizon and should be releasing the white iPhone and CDMA China version this year too. I don't think they absolutely need a newer product to keep up with their insane profits. They also have the iPad 2, which IMO, should sell better than the first now that it's an established and proven product.

This would let them focus on the true 'iPhone 5' for next year and incorporate the new features like NFC, cutting edge CPU/GPU, LTE, design refresh, etc. Personally, I don't think there's that much to gain by releasing a minor update this summer. There are still a lot of sales that could be made from the iPhone 4.

What do you guys think?
    Bump

Latest rumor suggests no new model this summer...
    http://www.9to5mac.com/58112/iphone-...es-early-2012/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MI_canuck View Post
    I was tempted to wait for iphone 5, but highly doubting that it will the LTE yet (still huge battery drain issues on LTE from the sounds of it)... I don't think Apple would want to risk having really poor battery life, as they are now really good on that front...

But I couldn't wait, and was sick of AT&T, so just got a Verizon iphone 4 to tie me over... Will see what iphone 5 brings... if it's really worth it, i'll sell my iphone 4 and get the 5 (will have to pay full price)... For now, super happy with Verizon service - it's refreshing to have a phone that actually works well now
    I can't reiterate this enough, extremely happy here as well.

I started out with the Verizon iPhone but switched to the ThunderBolt to lock in 4G pricing.... Now I couldn't be happier.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I think I'll be switching over to Verizon, LTE is all over my city and South FL in general, and the new droids are sweet. Plus it looks like no iPhone5 this summer b/c news/reports are saying Apple is behind on parts and their Chinese facilities haven't even started production on it yet. Looks like it'll be sometime in fall later this year. Plus so many times I've traveled or driven through states like GA, the Carolinas etc where at&t just sucked and was stuck on edge pretty much whole time, but Verizon and Sprint had not trouble. We were skiing in NC and everyone with at&t had zero signal not even edge except once in awhile but Sprint and Verizon worked fine. Nevermind that at&t 3g is so slow compared to others.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4 VZW
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    well I just got my *new* verizon iphone4 a couple of weeks ago (although I did get an at&t iphone 4 back in june, but then sold it and got a 3GS, before dumping at&t altogether recently)... i personally don't mind the iphone 5 (or 4G or 4GS, whatever it ends up being called) being pushed back from the *expected* june release date...

would rather it get delayed a bit despite people whining about it if it means more dev time for apple to work out a) antenna design that isn't as prone to attenuation by just touching it and b) *possibly* having LTE in the next iphone, although I'm not holding my breath on this one...

i bet we see a white iphone 4 released this summer, with the iphone 5/4G/4GS/??? released later in the fall...

> Clearnet PCS: Nokia 6188 (1999)

-> Bell : Nokia 6185 -> Motorola ST7867W (99-01)

--> AT&T: Nokia 6360 -> Nokia 6200 - (01-04)

---> Verizon: LG VX6000 -> Motorola E815 - (04-07)

----> Cingular/AT&T: Samsung Blackjack -> 8525 -> RAZR V3xx -> iPhone (RIP) -> iPhone 3GS - (Jan 07-Dec 09)

-----> T-Mobile: iPhone 3GS (unlock) -> Nexus One -> 9700 - (Dec 09-Jun 10 )

------> AT&T: iPhone 4 -> iPhone 3GS - (Jun '10-Mar '11)

-------> Verizon: iPhone4 - (Mar '11-TBD)

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Thanks to the Verizon IP4, it seems like they're shifting the product cycle and unified the iPhone launches together. Since it's a gonna be a dual GSM & CDMA. Maybe in Sept 2011 (Music Conference) or Feb 2012

Those Verizon ppl would cry if new CDMA iPhone comes out in June

Device(s)
    OnePlus 6, iPhone XS Max
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I don't see them delaying the product cycle.
    iPhone XS Max | OnePlus 6
    www.blueearlbrewing.com

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    They've cancelled their spring conference, which normally previews the news iOS an OSX features.

Device(s)
    Iphone 5 9/21/12, ViPhone 4 2/11/11,Droid X 7/13/10 Droid Incredible 4/28/10 Motorola Droid 11/3/09,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by E2EK1EL View Post
    Thanks to the Verizon IP4, it seems like they're shifting the product cycle and unified the iPhone launches together. Since it's a gonna be a dual GSM & CDMA. Maybe in Sept 2011 (Music Conference) or Feb 2012

Those Verizon ppl would cry if new CDMA iPhone comes out in June
    Sounds like you have some pretty informative inside information regarding what Apple plans to do with the next version of the iphone. You must be pretty high up in the Apple organization to be privy to that kind of info.
    -I don't know who u are, I don't know what u want. If u are looking for a ransom, I can tell u I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills that I have acquired over the course of watching Chuck Norris in Walker, Texas Ranger, skills that make me a nightmare for people like u.

-I am not Neo, But I am still the One.

Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast