Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do COR store reps managers check myCSP?

Feedback Score

Do COR store reps managers check myCSP?

Like the post i'd seen on AT&T's facebook fanpage, a customer asked a call center rep. if he can tether his samsung captivate and the latter told him that he can. However when he went to a COR store to ask the same question, the store rep. consulted his manager and told him that he cannot.

I'm wondering if AT&T store reps and managers have access to my CSP in order to view the device details?

In my own experience, a customer disputed his activation fees for his two lines since the store rep. told him that it will be automatically waived. I check telegence and it didn't show any notes from the store rep. that he spoke with.
    Tyrone John
    currently AT&T Customer Care Agent
    AT&T Customer Care- Convergys Philippines
    former AT&T Collections Supervisor
    AT&T Receivables Management-Teleperformance Philippines
    ATTUID: tg886h

I'm back in AT&T!

Feedback Score
    *Store reps and managers

Feedback Score
    I am a rep and I read CSP daily, my managers do too. I have a feeling that the questions the customer care reps are getting about waived activation fees are due to a promo that was going on in COR stores (at least here in Georgia) from October-December where customers get a $25 bill credit within 2-3 billing cycles after activating an additional line. Lots of reps were using that as "waived activation fee."

Device(s)
    After trying many phones, the one phone that is worthy of this spot is the 6620!!
    Feedback Score
    If a customer has the unlimited smartphone data plan they cannot add tethering maybe that's where the confusion is.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Reps will offer waived act fees to close the sale, and rarely notate it. Managers generally don't learn devices, because they don't sell them every day and they change frequently enough that it can be a hassle.
    My statements and opinions do not reflect those of my employer, AT&T Mobility. This is disclosed per FTC regulation.

Feedback Score
    ivwshane, you might be right! But I received a lot of complaints from customers who went to AT&T COR stores like: they don't know what they are doing, they used to give wrong information, or sometimes they are rude and racist.

But my question is still unanswered. Do store reps use my CSP? or atleast have access to it?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Tyrone.....this is an open forum and really not an appropriate place for this kind of discussion or complaint. You put your name, CUID, and your location in your signature and then choose to discuss things that are better left behind when you punch out for the day. If you're trying to make a point, you've made it. But I'd be careful if I were you. Upper management does not look kindly on this kind of discussion outside the walls of the company.
    And just one more bit of advice. You might want to take another look at At&t's view of it's employees using social media outlets.
    As required by the FTC I am declaring that I am an employee of at&t Mobility and anything I say is my own opinion and in no way expresses the opinion of at&t Mobility

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve (Personal)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tyronejohn20 View Post
    ivwshane, you might be right! But I received a lot of complaints from customers who went to AT&T COR stores like: they don't know what they are doing, they used to give wrong information, or sometimes they are rude and racist.

But my question is still unanswered. Do store reps use my CSP? or atleast have access to it?
    We get the same comments about CS reps on a daily basis. Well, except for the racist part. Thats a first lol.

Feedback Score
    I don't want to make a point here. I my question to be answered! @cousinpaperclipp!
    FYI, disclosing ATTUID is not a policy violation!

You should also apprehend our fellow employees who mention the names of our systems, discussing internal policies about upgrade and etc. in previous threads.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal91302 View Post
    We get the same comments about CS reps on a daily basis. Well, except for the racist part. Thats a first lol.
    Oh man, the mistransfers. And general not knowing where orders belong.

It's sad, but I have had to argue with some business care reps to take orders that they placed. To the point of showing them how to get the CUID in notes and then to tell them to look it up to see in what department the rep belonged. There are really some that are really adamant they don't do anything with orders.

I remember once a one poor woman had a defective exchange and every care rep she spoke to refused to help over the past 4 hours. I called over, and after 20 minutes, and reading WORD FOR WORD from the mycsp workflow showing he had to do the exchange (He kept trying to pawn off to warranties for a 3 day old phone ) he finally admitted he had to do it. The woman said I could leave after he started. It was late in the day, and my second last call. Before I left, I checked to see if he actually did the exchange (I just left the account window minimized) and I found the rep had just done an upgrade reversal and processed out a new upgrade, charging her another upgrade fee and resetting her contract to that day.

Then there are some that will do exchanges for other department's orders, without even seeing if it's within 30 days!

Extreme cases, and I know there are really bad cases in every department, mine included, but it's a lot worse than what the OP is talking about. I wish there was some place you could send this stuff, since emailing it off to my manager does nothing.

I can't even really do it if there were a place to send internal complaints, because the contractor I'm under has specific stuff in the employee guidebook that contacting the client is an offense that can be up to and including termination.

Device(s)
    After trying many phones, the one phone that is worthy of this spot is the 6620!!
    Feedback Score
    Only two departments in my book are garbage and should be closed due to their lack of customer service and professionalism.

All of wire line care!
    And all wireless contractors (sorry ShaRose).

Show me someone that has been able to call into wire line care and not be transferred, it's never happened, at the very least you are transferred three times and are transferred at least twice to the same department. I swear their motto must be, "Passing the buck one call at a time".

Of all wireless issues I have had in the past two years that involved care, all of them involved a contractor promising something to a customer that either can't be done or does not follow policy. And the sad thing is, there is no easy way to have the issue brought to the attention of the contractor or rep.

At least with corp store issues handled by care they can easily be forwarded to the store manager to have them addressed (I know because I've had a couple of them, unfortunately the information contained had nothing that I could use to coach the rep on).

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ivwshane View Post
    Only two departments in my book are garbage and should be closed due to their lack of customer service and professionalism.

All of wire line care!
    And all wireless contractors (sorry ShaRose).

Show me someone that has been able to call into wire line care and not be transferred, it's never happened, at the very least you are transferred three times and are transferred at least twice to the same department. I swear their motto must be, "Passing the buck one call at a time".

Of all wireless issues I have had in the past two years that involved care, all of them involved a contractor promising something to a customer that either can't be done or does not follow policy. And the sad thing is, there is no easy way to have the issue brought to the attention of the contractor or rep.

At least with corp store issues handled by care they can easily be forwarded to the store manager to have them addressed (I know because I've had a couple of them, unfortunately the information contained had nothing that I could use to coach the rep on).
    I know exactly how you feel, and I agree the vast majority should be fired or at LEAST trained correctly. There are some of us who actually know what we are doing (Though it seems it's only about 10 of us...). If there's one SPECIFIC place I wish was canned? It'd be the reps processing orders offline in premier. They don't know what they are doing, and will use scripts whenever possible (Correct or not). Example? If an order ever comes up for AR, regardless of the message given, they will pend it for DL/SSN required and notate a script that the customer has to go to a store with two forms of ID, and some inbound reps will just read that instead of spending 30 seconds checking the actual status. Store reps should be kind of familiar with that issue. Oh, and duplicate credit applications! Duplicate credit applications everywhere!

Once a processing rep took a call for ar, he called CAS and was approved but there was a duplicate application and he didn't bother checking, then a few hours later he was processing orders and PENDED HIS OWN ORDER BECAUSE OF THAT DUPLICATE APPLICATION. Both me and the customer were pretty pissed at that, the customer remarking that she should have expected as much from someone who spoke such poor english. I called cas, got duplicate applications expired, and processed the order for her myself. Supervisor gave approval for free overnight too when I showed them.

Oh, and recently one of the supervisors was talking to me, they found someone who was saying his credit wasn't applied. He checked, he saw some rep credited him 3 times. For $400 each. As a price drop on an iphone when he didn't apply for it. Since the credits were already gone, he had to submit an escalation off to OMC1 to get the customer charged again. And I bet that rep's not going to have anything happen to her either. Ridiculous.

Device(s)
    iphone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ivwshane View Post
    only two departments in my book are garbage and should be closed due to their lack of customer service and professionalism.

All of wire line care!
    And all wireless contractors (sorry sharose).
    totally.agree.

Device(s)
    iphone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    speaking of wireline group.... a coworker called in to place a uverse f case (i know, i know!!!) and the rep that was supposed to process the order said, "sorry i cant place that order because it is an f case and WILL NOT GO THROUGH"... EXCUSE me .. its YOUR JOB to place the order NOT tell us its going to "NOT GO THROUGH" last time i checked you are NOT a tech nor an engineer!!! godddd these people!!!!

Feedback Score
    Actually, it is a direct policy violation to give out your ATTUID for any reason except when performing transfers per AT&T policy. Due to fraud, giving out your ATTUID or badge number to a customer or anyone other than an AT&T employee or equipment manufacturer can put the company at risk. There are many times I have gotten someone who gives an ATTUID and attempts to access an account they can't verify, and all it takes is just one agent who doesn't ask for verification of the account along with the ATTUID. For this reason it is a policy not to give out ATTUID or badge number whether it's with a customer compliment, escalating customer, or posting on the internet, it is an offense that can get you terminated. And, if I might add, posting things about the systems and tools that we use in our call centers can only make the fraudulent callers sound even more legitimate. AT&T strongly discourages posting anything about the details of your employment on social media sites including but not limited to: salary, systems, cpni, company information, internal policies, releasing employee identification, and the tools that AT&T uses to enhance the customer experience. I would strongly recommend that you go over the policies that have been put in place with either your manager or HR representative. You never know who could be reading these forums, and it could eventually mean the end of your employment.

Also, if you want your answer about AT&T COR Store representatives, I would suggest asking a store representative in your area instead of posting a question on the internet.

As required by the FTC I am declaring that I am an employee of AT&T Mobility and anything I say is my own opinion and in no way expresses the opinion of AT&T Mobility.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast