Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do COR store reps managers check myCSP?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jainbow View Post
    Actually, it is a direct policy violation to give out your ATTUID for any reason except when performing transfers per AT&T policy. Due to fraud, giving out your ATTUID or badge number to a customer or anyone other than an AT&T employee or equipment manufacturer can put the company at risk. There are many times I have gotten someone who gives an ATTUID and attempts to access an account they can't verify, and all it takes is just one agent who doesn't ask for verification of the account along with the ATTUID. For this reason it is a policy not to give out ATTUID or badge number whether it's with a customer compliment, escalating customer, or posting on the internet, it is an offense that can get you terminated. And, if I might add, posting things about the systems and tools that we use in our call centers can only make the fraudulent callers sound even more legitimate. AT&T strongly discourages posting anything about the details of your employment on social media sites including but not limited to: salary, systems, cpni, company information, internal policies, releasing employee identification, and the tools that AT&T uses to enhance the customer experience. I would strongly recommend that you go over the policies that have been put in place with either your manager or HR representative. You never know who could be reading these forums, and it could eventually mean the end of your employment.

Also, if you want your answer about AT&T COR Store representatives, I would suggest asking a store representative in your area instead of posting a question on the internet. Also, why are we bumping 3 year old threads?

As required by the FTC I am declaring that I am an employee of AT&T Mobility and anything I say is my own opinion and in no way expresses the opinion of AT&T Mobility.
    Weird since just about every retail sales consultant on up has their email address on their business cards which is an ATTUID!

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Anyone want karl blanco the biggest losers id

Sent with the HoFo App
    JerrySpringular
    Wireless Critic

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jainbow View Post
    Actually, it is a direct policy violation to give out your ATTUID for any reason except when performing transfers per AT&T policy. Due to fraud, giving out your ATTUID or badge number to a customer or anyone other than an AT&T employee or equipment manufacturer can put the company at risk. There are many times I have gotten someone who gives an ATTUID and attempts to access an account they can't verify, and all it takes is just one agent who doesn't ask for verification of the account along with the ATTUID. For this reason it is a policy not to give out ATTUID or badge number whether it's with a customer compliment, escalating customer, or posting on the internet, it is an offense that can get you terminated. And, if I might add, posting things about the systems and tools that we use in our call centers can only make the fraudulent callers sound even more legitimate. AT&T strongly discourages posting anything about the details of your employment on social media sites including but not limited to: salary, systems, cpni, company information, internal policies, releasing employee identification, and the tools that AT&T uses to enhance the customer experience. I would strongly recommend that you go over the policies that have been put in place with either your manager or HR representative. You never know who could be reading these forums, and it could eventually mean the end of your employment.

Also, if you want your answer about AT&T COR Store representatives, I would suggest asking a store representative in your area instead of posting a question on the internet.

As required by the FTC I am declaring that I am an employee of AT&T Mobility and anything I say is my own opinion and in no way expresses the opinion of AT&T Mobility.
    I mostly agree; this topic specifically was not something that is proper to discuss here.

Two areas though I have comment on for those that may read this in the future (I know your post is about a month old now) - first I would not hurry to slap his hand over the use of his ATTUID as this is something that is organization specific so you may very well be giving him incorrect information. For example, in my organization we are required to give our full name and employee identification to nearly everyone we speak to on a daily basis.

Secondly, you should omit 'salary' from your list as it is protected speech that AT&T does not attempt to hinder with it's social media policies (and would not as that would be a violation of Federal labor codes).
    My opinions are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer AT&T.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerRuling View Post
    I mostly agree; this topic specifically was not something that is proper to discuss here.

Two areas though I have comment on for those that may read this in the future (I know your post is about a month old now) - first I would not hurry to slap his hand over the use of his ATTUID as this is something that is organization specific so you may very well be giving him incorrect information. For example, in my organization we are required to give our full name and employee identification to nearly everyone we speak to on a daily basis.

Secondly, you should omit 'salary' from your list as it is protected speech that AT&T does not attempt to hinder with it's social media policies (and would not as that would be a violation of Federal labor codes).
    Giving out your ATTUID IS against policy, there is another ID you can give to customers if asked, I won't go into the specifics but that is the only one you can give out to customers/non-employees.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Giving your ATTUID is not against policy and I have always been told to provide it if a customer requests it

There is a distinct verification process when an employee who calls in and certain policies when speaking with them.

It is not difficult to confirm when a customer calls in pretending to be an employee and they merely have an ATTUID.
    Last edited by veriztd; 10-23-2014 at 04:35 PM.
    Don't make me turn this car around.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2