Thread: Bell Phone Unlocking

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    Bell (2009 - ...?)
    Feedback Score

Question Bell Phone Unlocking

I have an iPhone 4 on Bell *locked to bell*. Now I know they do unlock customers phones for a $75 fee, however does anyone know if they unlock the iPhone 4? I will be spending 2 months in Europe and want to get a local number there.

If it's not something they typically do, does anyone know if it is possible to get them to? Thanks!
    PHONEMODO
    I swap phones cause I can!

Isn't Hipstamatic just awesome?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Bold 9780
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en) AppleWebKit/534.1+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.285 Mobile Safari/534.1+)

To unlock the phone, they would have to get the status of your phone changed in Apple's database, so if they don't offer that service, which they don't, they won't do it.

Device(s)
    HTC Desire Z
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    unfortunately theat doesnt apply to any iphone the $75 unlocking fee . They will unlocked any phone other than iphone.

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility (9+ Years)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (the touch: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.1+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.246 Mobile Safari/534.1+)

Do it yourself. There are about 10-12 steps (if that) and you'd have an unlocked iPhone + JailBreak

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 16GB
    Carrier(s)
    Bell (2009 - ...?)
    Feedback Score
    @ Eckz: I'm anti-jailbreak. On all previous iPhones (and I've had them all) it slows them down. That also bricked my 3GS while I was in Italy and didn't have my laptop with me. Jailbreaking while great for some, isn't worth it to me.

I'm just gonna flip my iPhone 4 for like $550-$600 and buy a factory unlocked one when the time comes to go overseas again.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 5s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    It's actually worth more unlocked if you can do it and you have saved your SHSH blobs.

Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneModo View Post
    @ Eckz: I'm anti-jailbreak. On all previous iPhones (and I've had them all) it slows them down. That also bricked my 3GS while I was in Italy and didn't have my laptop with me. Jailbreaking while great for some, isn't worth it to me.

I'm just gonna flip my iPhone 4 for like $550-$600 and buy a factory unlocked one when the time comes to go overseas again.
    I'm thinking you did the jailbreak incorrectly if it slowed your phone down (I'm probably right considering you temp-bricked your 3GS). I've done it on both a 4 and a 3GS and it definitely doesn't slow anything down. If anything the ability to disable multitasking speeds stuff up. Anyways if you're on 4.1 or later and did it via stock apple firmware you can't unlock anyways.

Also $550 is probably really really optimistic for a locked 16GB. There's a bunch going for like $500 and even some going for $450. But good luck

Feedback Score

Do you have the steps and will it work for a bell iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by Eckz View Post
    Wirelessly posted (the touch: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.1+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.246 Mobile Safari/534.1+)

Do it yourself. There are about 10-12 steps (if that) and you'd have an unlocked iPhone + JailBreak
    Can you provide me steps if its possible for a Bell iPhone.

Thanks

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebenister View Post
    Can you provide me steps if its possible for a Bell iPhone.

Thanks
    This is a really old thread, and it's not that easy now unless you have an older iphone with a preserved baseband. There's a thread about how to call bell to unlock your phone for $75+tax, otherwise you can look into the Gevey sim unlock which doesnt' support all phones either

Device(s)
    Q10 (active)
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneModo View Post
    I have an iPhone 4 on Bell *locked to bell*. Now I know they do unlock customers phones for a $75 fee, however does anyone know if they unlock the iPhone 4? I will be spending 2 months in Europe and want to get a local number there.
    $75 + Early Termination Fees.