Thread: Why won't sprint let me do this? BIS standalone package..

Device(s)
    Sprint PPC 6700
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Why won't sprint let me do this? BIS standalone package..

I have a blackberry tour on a sprint 500 plan with BIS data package.

Now I want to move to an Android device and keep my blackberry. All of my work correspondence is done through BBM and e-mail that is on my phone. I want to seperate my personal line from work. So I want to keep the black berry as well.

What I wanted to do in theory was this.

Activate a new line (android) with the unlimited 69.99

and then remove the voice package from my existing line and just keep the BIS data package. I don't need the blackberry for voice... So a family plan is excessive in this case. I just need it for DATA..

Apparently when I called this can't be done.

Why not?

Device(s)
    Evo 4G LTE / Photon Q / Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO And Employee Plan
    Feedback Score
    would sprint relay be a good alternative?
    Employee at "The Shack"
    Attention Please Read --->THIS<--- Before You Pm Me About Any Questions Having To Deal With My Thread In The Boost Mobile Forums About Sprint Phones On Boost Unlimited CDMA. Thank you! Enjoy Your Day And Stay On Howardforums.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    The reason they don't/won't give you standalone data is like most other providers, they now require all voice capable devices (i.e. Smartphones and non-smartphones) to have a voice plan package. Data cards, USB modems and netbooks/tablets are the only devices most providers do standalone data plans and not require a voice plan package.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Feedback Score
    There are Blackberry only plans but they're about $35-$50 and usually only available on a business account.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk (T-mo)
    Feedback Score

Vrgn $35

Why not go with Virgin (Sprint) and get the 300 min Blackberry plan for $35 a month.

Device(s)
    v600
    Carrier(s)
    T Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sprint offer a service called relay for the hearing impaired for 29.99 plus 10 premium data. Not sure what your looking to spend a month but your not going to find anything less than 30.00.