Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mail In Rebates Eliminated On Most Smartphones...

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I agree with JP on this one. This is a good thing if you look first at the positive things it brings. I've been an owner now for six years and the one thing I can depend on is change. Those who roll with the punches stay in business and usually make more and more money. Those who play like chicken little on every comp change, inventory shortage, online offer and so on... well let's just say we've all seen a lot of folks come and go.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JP Whoregan View Post
    There will always be a few phones that online is pricing ridiculously. Honestly, I don't think even direct retail is selling Dincs for $99... It's a stock moving ploy to get rid of them ahead of the Thunderbolt launch. Ive slowed down on ordering them at all for my store.
    I heard this week there will be another new HTC Droid as well. Form the picture it looked white and had a name but they basically called it an Incredible 2.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Straw that broke the camels back moment for me today.

$99.99 Fascinate?

Bogo 199 Droid 2s?

$149 r2d2s?

I'm done trying to be positive. Verizon doesn't want us anymore. They want ****** customer service and used car salesman employees who force old ladies into an unlmited plan droid x and a "free netbook"

And the Thunderbolt? You honestly think we are going to be able to get ANY for the first three months?
    Hi there. I'm the guy on the other side of the counter. If you're a jerk to me, guess how hard I'm going to try to help you?

Feedback Score

helpppp

does anybody know of any spiffs on any models this month?

Device(s)
    Motorla Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    this price protection **** is ********, they tell us Friday that they are changing all of this information... and their removing the 30 dollar spiff in 28 days... thank you verizon for stealing more money from us...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by encrypt3r View Post
    this price protection **** is ********, they tell us Friday that they are changing all of this information... and their removing the 30 dollar spiff in 28 days... thank you verizon for stealing more money from us...
    The whole no rebate program only goes through the 28th for now. After that it could be dropped or extended. I would imagine if continued the spiff will be as well or pricing adjusted accordingly. No reason to freak out yet.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    Straw that broke the camels back moment for me today.

$99.99 Fascinate?

Bogo 199 Droid 2s?

$149 r2d2s?

I'm done trying to be positive. Verizon doesn't want us anymore. They want ****** customer service and used car salesman employees who force old ladies into an unlmited plan droid x and a "free netbook"

And the Thunderbolt? You honestly think we are going to be able to get ANY for the first three months?
    The Fascinate is a one day sale, so I am sure few people noticed. Worst comes to worst, match the deal and lose a few bucks. Corporate stores that are selling grandmothers on Droid Xs & Netbooks are digging their own graves.
    The Thunderbolt... I would bet on stores receiving them in decent supply.

Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Who is getting stuck with phones older than 21 days? Losing $40 to $70 each...
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

All generalizations are false.

According to my calculations the problem doesn't exist.

Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    This is an old satellite TV trick. Start with the price of receiver really high, and then drop the reimbursement a few times along the way, and if you have any in stock, you just got beat. Or you can order on a per job basis and get burned with excessive shipping OR if there is an out of stock you are out of business for a while. DirecTv just dropped all receivers by $50. We had a large order placed one day before the cutoff. To boot, they insult us with happy talk about how they are helping our beloved dealers with cash flow.

How is the 21 days calculated? I have orders shipped on the 7th and 10th, but invoiced a few days later.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AT&T Snatcher View Post
    How is the 21 days calculated? I have orders shipped on the 7th and 10th, but invoiced a few days later.
    21 days from the 31st of January. I would send those phones back, just to play it safe.

Are you not able to ship phones back as overstock? Or are you guys sitting on 2 months worth of stock?

Feedback Score
    Hopefully the good news is that most of us have already sold a lot of units purchased in the last 21 days. If so you're getting $70 in units already sold. So the $70 you're not getting on older units will hopefully equal out. My store only keeps a couple of each unit in stock. We're pretty small. Luckily were getting $70 on several units already sold and probably only a couple have been in stock over 21 days. We order daily.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I am freaking out a little less now as they have given us the spiff info...A day AFTER it started of course, so I have manualy go through and fix my POS so my employees get paid correctly, which is a pain in the ***.

We have some older than 21 day stock sitting on some phones that arent selling well, (continuum not selling at all for anyone either?) but I have a sinking feeling many of them will end up being found "defective"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    I am freaking out a little less now as they have given us the spiff info...A day AFTER it started of course, so I have manualy go through and fix my POS so my employees get paid correctly, which is a pain in the ***.

We have some older than 21 day stock sitting on some phones that arent selling well, (continuum not selling at all for anyone either?) but I have a sinking feeling many of them will end up being found "defective"
    Same here. Mine is defective as we speak!

Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vzwinagent View Post
    Same here. Mine is defective as we speak!
    I was told VZW is watching for this... so move easy...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Balashi View Post
    I was told VZW is watching for this... so move easy...
    Not surprising.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast