Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Chevy Cruze and Ford Fiesta

Device(s)
    W595, XPERIA Arc
    Carrier(s)
    STC
    Feedback Score
    Comparing the Fiesta, a sub-compact car, with the Cruze, a compact car that is large enough to be almost considered a mid-size, is isn't fair at all. Of course I would say go for the Cruze if that's the case.

However, the real competitor of this car the the Focus and I don't think it is a good idea to buy one since the 2012 is coming soon and it will most likely be better than any car mentioned in this thread. Go for the Cruze unless you can wait wait a few months for the 2012 Focus. The new Elantra is a good choice too although the exterior is overdone in my opinion.

I agree with the ones who don't recommended the Corolla or the Yaris. You can buy a better car with the same amount of money.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Well, I'm trying to compare which is better for the money. I know the cars are different sizes and all, but I still want to know which is better.

We're getting more and more concerned about the money it is going to cost. So, let's add the Nissan Versa to the comparison. Out of the three, which do you think is the best? The worst?

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Well, so far she wants to go with the Cruze. It looks like we're going to be stuck with the 1.8 Liter version though. The turbo is about $1,000 more, and that's too expensive.

What do you think of the 1.8 Liter engine? I haven't seen many reviews on it. Hopefully it's good enough!

Device(s)
    gzone boulder (orange) pageplus
    Carrier(s)
    metro pcs family plan $25 unlimited talk and text + $35 unlimited talk text and 250mb 4g
    Feedback Score
    i usally prefer fords but if i was looking for a basic car i would go with the cruze

i could be way more helpful with comparisons if you were looking for a diesel pickup...
    old phones page plus
    motow385- snapped in half
    intensity- in so many peices i cant even tell it was a phone
    boulder-screen broke
    straight talk
    w385- broke into 3 pieces
    virgin mobile
    aloha- broke screen
    flare-snaped in half
    cyclops- gave it to my sister when i switched to
    kyocera TnT- not used right now but still works
    straight talk
    alltel
    2ax145's- one broken screen one buttons stoped working
    samsung sch-a645- great phone until its screen borke
    soho- sreen broke

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rhowell View Post
    i usally prefer fords but if i was looking for a basic car i would go with the cruze

i could be way more helpful with comparisons if you were looking for a diesel pickup...
    We don't need a pickup.

Thanks though!

It looks like we're going to go with the Chevy Cruze this time. It looks like the best car for the money, and we really like it. We're probably going with the 1.8 Liter engine, not the Turbo.

Thanks everyone!

-Avenue

Carrier(s)
    Robbers
    Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    I would choose Ford over Chevy anyday! unless it was a Corvette

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Well, we did decide to go with the Chevy Cruze.

So far, we're glad we did. It seems like it's a great car. I didn't get to drive it much but I will soon!

Thanks for all the replies, everyone.

ShatanKing, a Corvette is too expensive, and, if we did get it, how are we supposed to go the speed limit? I try to follow all the laws, but it's nearly impossible with a Corvette!

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular - $39.99 Nation 1000 w/ Rollover
    Feedback Score
    The Cruze is a super nice car. Extreamly quiet too. Which engine did you end up going with? That is really the only fault I have with the Cruze at this point is the lack of power (though it is adequate for most people). Both engines are based on the engine the Aveo has been using for quite a while and is very reliable (just make sure to get the timing belt changed at the proper mileage).

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 91RS View Post
    The Cruze is a super nice car. Extreamly quiet too. Which engine did you end up going with? That is really the only fault I have with the Cruze at this point is the lack of power (though it is adequate for most people). Both engines are based on the engine the Aveo has been using for quite a while and is very reliable (just make sure to get the timing belt changed at the proper mileage).
    We got the 1.8 Liter engine. The acceleration is not too good at first gear or second gear, but when you get to third gear it really gets moving. It's fun, but not so fun if you pull out in front of someone and the car doesn't move! It will rev high, but won't acceleration like the 2009 Ford Focus I'm used to. I can get up to 5,000 RPM's on the Ford Focus and that thing moves! 5,000 RPM's in 1st gear with the Cruze is slow....

Device(s)
    Droid-X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Have you thought about looking into diesel ? The Jetta TDI with the DSG get 42/34, has decent power (more then the cruze) and loads of torque
    Current: Note2
    Backup: HTC, Thunderbolt -- HTC Incredible (Skyraider)
    Past: Droid, Devour, Omnia 2, Pearl, Flipshot, Juke, Voygr, Storm, Q, Dare, Boulder, U740, LG/V-111, Noko 3589, Moto V710, Moto T720, Mifi, Noko 5185i

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    ^ This. The new TDIs are nice.
    Ryan - My Feedback

my flickr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2