Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chevy Cruze and Ford Fiesta

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Chevy Cruze and Ford Fiesta

I am trying to help a family member pick out a car. I think it is between the Ford Fiesta and the Chevy Cruze.

We are leaning towards the Chevy Cruze. From what I've seen, it seems like a very solid car especially for the money. I saw a lot on the testing and the development of it and it lookes like they did a very good job.

If we choose the Cruze, is the base model good enough (but with automatic transmission) or should we really go for the 1.4 turbo for a thousand more?

Does anyone think we should go for the Ford Fiesta?

If you have either car please reply and let me know how you like it.

I should also mention that we are looking for safety too, even though that can be difficult with a small car.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    We are also looking for 0% financing for 72 months. That's what she got on her current car, which is now totaled. I don't see any of those offers currently available. Does anyone know where we can get a deal like that?

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I'm also trying to decide between the LS and the 1LT. I don't see much of a difference other than the engine, which is a 1.8 on the LS, and a 1.4 Turbo on the 1LT. The 1LT is $1,000 more though, but from what I've read, the Turbo might be the way to go.

Any thoughts?

Feedback Score
    The Cruze looks much more appealing and has a nicer interior. How come you're not looking into the Corolla (or Yaris) as well?

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @Class View Post
    The Cruze looks much more appealing and has a nicer interior. How come you're not looking into the Corolla (or Yaris) as well?
    I might take a look at them too.

I'm really trying to find a car around $15,000 now, and I'm looking for one with the best value. We will probably go with the Chevy Cruze if we can get them down to around $15,000 after the $1,000 owner loyalty offer. If we can't get hem down that much we'll probably go for the Ford Fiesta and just need to decide between the sedan and the hatchback.

I think the Chevy Cruze is a more solid car though.

Device(s)
    Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Have you considered a Ford Focus? My friend just purchased a 2011 SE model. Over $19,000 msrp she got it for just over $15,000.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Corolla/Yaris are both junk. The Mazda2 is a nice alternative to the Ford and so is the Mazda3
    Bye!

Device(s)
    Blackberry Torch 9850
    Carrier(s)
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kies View Post
    Corolla/Yaris are both junk. The Mazda2 is a nice alternative to the Ford and so is the Mazda3
    The Corolla beats the quality of all the above cars hands down. And the Mazda is not really an alternative to the Ford products as its just a Ford with different sheet metal.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ddooley View Post
    The Corolla beats the quality of all the above cars hands down. And the Mazda is not really an alternative to the Ford products as its just a Ford with different sheet metal.
    You're kidding right? The only Mazda that is a rebadged Ford is the Tribute. Just about the only thing Mazda has shared with Ford over these past few years has been platforms and engines of which either Mazda or Ford designed. The Corolla is JUNK riding on a reputation from the 90's and the Yaris needs no introduction, it's already got a reputation for being crap. You can do far better than both of them.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    How much do you think I can get off on an $18,000 car? Do you think I can get $2,000 off MSRP?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Registered on this forum for the sole purpose of stating that Corolla IS a good quality car. I do not know how exactly do you base your opinion, but I personally drive one and in the past 3 years I only had 1 problem with it, the problem occurring after an accident, which should not even count.

Device(s)
    Droid Incredible
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by avenue View Post
    How much do you think I can get off on an $18,000 car? Do you think I can get $2,000 off MSRP?
    I think it depends on the car. Since the fiesta just came out, it has a less discount. Since the focus is getting replaced next year, it gets a bigger discount. My friend said they offered her $1000 off a new fiesta or $3500 off of a new focus so the focus turned out to be cheaper in the end.

Feedback Score
    I'd take a chance on the Cruze, if only for GM being on a bit of a roll. 'Gubmint Motors' politics aside, the bailout drama is mostly over. And what's more, it worked: They're back to relative health, the country is on pace to get its money back, and GM is building products worth buying again: specifically the newest Buicks, the 'Lambda twins' (GMC Acadia, Chevy Traverse, Buick Enclave), its trucks & SUVs, and something kinda neat called 'Volt'. I think the desperation in getting back in the public's good graces has lit a real competitive fire in GM that hasn't been seen in generations.

With that said...sneasel10's advice on the Focus is pretty hard to ignore. You could see some big savings in a Focus with SYNC and satellite radio.
    Last edited by nwm4ever; 02-02-2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: detail

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I really think we're going to go for the Chevy Cruze.. Overall, it looks like the best option. It got a great safety rating, comes with everything we need, with some extras!

I'm going to go to the dealership tomorrow, so we'll see what happens. I'll just tell the guy, if we don't get the price we're looking for, we'll just go and choose another car. No big deal..

I want the Chevy Cruze 1LT. The MSRP is about $19,000. I hope I can bring them down a good amount on the price. I'll try.

I'm going to go look at the Focus now and see what deals come up online.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast