Thread: Your BOGOs are going on ebay as we speak...

Feedback Score

Your BOGOs are going on ebay as we speak...

Boy talk about risk on line 2. The customer has no reason to not get a 2nd Droid and turn around and ebay it. Actually all customers could do an upgrade on line 1, add a line to get the 2nd one completely free and deact immediately, pay the 350 and make $100.00 on ebay. Ouch. Anybody have a WORKABLE solution. I think the secondary contracts are a little shaky to enforce.

Feedback Score
    thats true, however ebay collects a fee from that seller so between that and the 350 customer would pay for termination. the prophet would look more like 60-70 bucks based that he can even get 450 for the phone on ebay.

Device(s)
    Droid 1Ghz 2.1 BBv1.0
    Carrier(s)
    VZW-Agent
    Feedback Score
    Make them sign an agreement like this

If service is discontinued on a new or existing line of service within one hundred and eighty (180) days of original purchase of the wireless device, customers are obligated to return the wireless device to the original store of purchase. If the device is not returned within one week of service cancellation or is in unusable condition, XXXXXX has the right to seek compensation equal to the equipment discount amount as indicated on this sales invoice. If initial attempt to recoup device or seek compensation fails, collection of funds may be turned over to a collection agency.

xxx being you
    My motto as a VERIZON agent- Treat the customer the way you want to be treated, if you treat them like crap dont complain when they treat you like crap. If I lose a sale I dont lose sleep over it I move on. Some people never buy from my store oh well $10 transfer fee. Some people are mad at the world, doesnt affect me.

Feedback Score
    Any customer who would pay a $350 ETF is kinda stupid. There is definitely a cheaper way to go about it, for obvious reasons I don't intend on going into how though, not going to help people game the system.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by collegeville View Post
    Boy talk about risk on line 2. The customer has no reason to not get a 2nd Droid and turn around and ebay it. Actually all customers could do an upgrade on line 1, add a line to get the 2nd one completely free and deact immediately, pay the 350 and make $100.00 on ebay. Ouch. Anybody have a WORKABLE solution. I think the secondary contracts are a little shaky to enforce.
    Every customer that leaves our store is aware that if they cancel or switch their original PDA device to anything but a PDA device within 180 days, will be charged up to $400. We've had very few incidents where a customer has gone ahead and removed a PDA device. It's also outlined in the store receipt and signed by the customer.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    This is exactly why dealers have to have and enforce separate service agreements, equal to the chargeback window on commission payouts. Sucks, but you HAVE TO HAVE IT.
    My statements and opinions do not reflect those of my employer, AT&T Mobility. This is disclosed per FTC regulation.

Feedback Score
    I've never had this happen yet and hopefully it doesn't.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus VZW
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Good luck with that separate in store agreement. I've had customers that cancel their credit cards so we can't charge them for it.