Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Boycott the Public Mobile CRYBABIES

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    798
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    0

    Boycott the Public Mobile CRYBABIES

    PM sounds like Bell Mobility - what a bunch of CRYBABIES!

    Wah Wah - my business model sucks - government please protect us!
    Life is no fair! Wah wah

    Wind has 250,000 customer
    PM MIGHT have 25,000 if they are lucky



    http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/201...ve-harper.html

    Wind might be gone in 45 days unless government can do something
    Ottawa's Globalive decision overturned by court

    A federal court has struck down the 2009 government decision that allowed Globalive to launch its Wind Mobile wireless brand.

    The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission had originally found Globalive's complicated ownership structure — it is majority-funded by Egyptian billionaire Naguib Sawiris's Orascom empire — was in breach of Canada's limits on foreign ownership.

    But the cabinet overruled that decision in December 2009, paving the way for the company's Wind Mobile launch that same month.

    On Friday, Federal Court Justice Roger Hughes found Ottawa's move was based on "errors of law" and ruled it null and void.

    He also ordered a 45-day stay in the ruling, meaning the company has time to appeal and continue to operate in the interim.

    "We are very disappointed with this decision," Globalive chairman Anthony Lacavera said. "We are examining our options but this is not over yet. We don't intend to back down."

    Since its launch a little more than a year ago, Wind has already accumulated 250,000 customers, he noted.

    Industry Minister Tony Clement said the government is studying the ruling and examining its options. "Our [government] stands with consumers who want more competition," he said in a tweet.

    The case was brought by Wind competitor Public Mobile.

    "We believe cabinet's decision is unfair to other wireless carriers, especially new entrants like Public Mobile that have played by the rules and secured substantial Canadian investment," Public Mobile CEO Alek Krstajic said in launching the suit.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    FITH BEYOND Thunder Bay
    Posts
    18,278
    Device(s)
    IR GS BL00D Phone X N0 B.efore C.hrist E.ntity.. |nfinite HELLUS™ TnT $pawn + Ted§ Hell Hound TˇTher
    Carrier(s)
    M¤ther Nature !... @SS2MOUTH Death 0f SELFie -> HardWare Opiates
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Public has a right as did the other carriers to use and ask the laws of the land be enforced. Despite that I would not use Public when Mobilicity is IMO a better company.

    The Law is the Law as much as you may hate it. Now you can hate Public more

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Markham, ON
    Posts
    276
    Carrier(s)
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by connexx View Post
    PM sounds like Bell Mobility - what a bunch of CRYBABIES!

    Wah Wah - my business model sucks - government please protect us!
    Life is no fair! Wah wah

    Wind has 250,000 customer
    PM MIGHT have 25,000 if they are lucky



    http://www.cbc.ca/consumer/story/201...ve-harper.html

    Wind might be gone in 45 days unless government can do something
    Ottawa's Globalive decision overturned by court

    A federal court has struck down the 2009 government decision that allowed Globalive to launch its Wind Mobile wireless brand.

    The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission had originally found Globalive's complicated ownership structure — it is majority-funded by Egyptian billionaire Naguib Sawiris's Orascom empire — was in breach of Canada's limits on foreign ownership.

    But the cabinet overruled that decision in December 2009, paving the way for the company's Wind Mobile launch that same month.

    On Friday, Federal Court Justice Roger Hughes found Ottawa's move was based on "errors of law" and ruled it null and void.

    He also ordered a 45-day stay in the ruling, meaning the company has time to appeal and continue to operate in the interim.

    "We are very disappointed with this decision," Globalive chairman Anthony Lacavera said. "We are examining our options but this is not over yet. We don't intend to back down."

    Since its launch a little more than a year ago, Wind has already accumulated 250,000 customers, he noted.

    Industry Minister Tony Clement said the government is studying the ruling and examining its options. "Our [government] stands with consumers who want more competition," he said in a tweet.

    The case was brought by Wind competitor Public Mobile.

    "We believe cabinet's decision is unfair to other wireless carriers, especially new entrants like Public Mobile that have played by the rules and secured substantial Canadian investment," Public Mobile CEO Alek Krstajic said in launching the suit.
    Based on their subscriber numbers, aren't they already being boycotted?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,143
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by v3inew View Post
    Based on their subscriber numbers, aren't they already being boycotted?
    what subscribers?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    75
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note2
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Boycott? No one I know uses them...

    Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    10
    Feedback Score
    0
    I just didn't like Public Mobile before but now I .... wish them go straight to hell together with these clowns from CRTC as well.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    13,280
    Device(s)
    V65E4710, A3LSMG925W8, PDNRM-975, IHDT56PG3, QMNRM-11, L6ARCV70UW, L6ARJE180LW
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Bell, SpeakOut, CSL, au by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

    "I am Justice Roger Hughes of the Federal Court. You will be assimilated. Your money and loyalty will be added to our own. Your WIND culture will adapt and service us. Boycott Public Mobile is irrelevant. Boycott the Big-3 is irrelevant. Choice is irrelevant. You will comply. Resistance is Futile!"
    --

    HC - NO "i"
    I am NOT "the" HC, we are TWO different individuals!


    "If we amplify everything, we hear nothing!" - Jon Stewart, Comedian

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,478
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile, Rogers, Public Mobile, T-Mobile, 3 UK
    Feedback Score
    0
    You guys act like you were ever going to use their service anyways. I boycott eating dog food.
    All comments are my own opinion and do not reflect the views of my employer or affiliated groups.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    429
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by v3inew View Post
    Based on their subscriber numbers, aren't they already being boycotted?
    Quote Originally Posted by live_strong View Post
    what subscribers?
    RBC estimates Public Mobile has 59,000 subscribers. Take that number for what it's worth. Even if you don't believe it, remember: you are not their target market.
    What, you trust what I say? I'm just some random guy/gal on the intertubes.
    I am not a lawyer, nor does anything I say constitute legal advice.
    Learn how to use Google.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,478
    Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, iPhone 7 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile, Rogers, Public Mobile, T-Mobile, 3 UK
    Feedback Score
    0
    Public Mobile does have Montreal. I can see them getting a lot of subs there because they are a good value to the average person when compared to even Videotron. In Toronto, however, WIND and Mobilicity has been running these crazy promos that even if you don't care about the coverage or phone selection, the price doesn't push you towards PM. If it's 59K, then 49K of that is probably in Montreal.

    Actually, it would be interesting to see that breakdown by city. Like in Toronto, I bet the net adds share for the new carriers are a lot more than the 34% they are saying for the whole country.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    80
    Feedback Score
    0
    Public Mobile's actions will likely result in no changes to Wind, and a very quick amendment of the Telecommunications Act to allow foreign ownership of telecommunications providers, rather than the feds dragging their heels as usual.

    That will set up Public Mobile to get acquired by a foreign company that knows what it's doing.

    Sounds good to me.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    76
    Feedback Score
    0
    What foreign company is that?

    Bigdumbcompanythatbuysbadbusinessplans?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,487
    Feedback Score
    0
    All this misdirected hate at Public, the CRTC and the Federal Court. It is the Telecom Act that is the issue. The CRTC and Federal Court don't get to decide what legislation and regulations they follow and what they ignore. Public just happened to be the one to go to the Federal Court, if they didn't someone else would have - they just had the least PR to lose.

    The politicians love it though - they get to deflect blame to the CRTC and the courts when it is the stupid legislation that needs to (and should have been changed) but the politicians tried to do an end-around and failed. Now they may have no choice, but at least public sympathy is supportive of a change to the legislation now (well, perhaps the politicians suspected this might be the case all along and now they have the necessary public opinion to change the Act).

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    220
    Device(s)
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by robsaw View Post
    All this misdirected hate at Public, the CRTC and the Federal Court. It is the Telecom Act that is the issue.
    Somehow, I don't think the Telecom Act is to blame for Public Mobile's ****** spectrum, abysmal coverage area, useless phones and uncompetitive plans.

    I mean, seriously, you'd have to be either very misinformed or completely ignorant to sign up with Public Mobile based on their current offerings. However, those offerings might look a lot more appealing if they make themselves the only game in town by crying to mommy and daddy and trying to force the other guys out.

    This isn't Public Mobile standing up for sweeping Telecom Act reform, or revolutionary changes in ownership laws, this is them realizing how ridiculously useless they are and acting sulky and bitter about it.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    I already said! Ottawa!
    Posts
    369
    Device(s)
    Any
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    0
    I can understand why PM would complain. They feel they are getting the short in of the stick. Not because Wind is doing better but because they Think Wind got more outside investment then the law permits.

    What I think PM would love is for the act to change so they can get more outside investment then they got.

    I'm not mad they raised a stink. This issue, like many others just point to the need to change the telecom act as soon as possible.


    Sent from my iPod touch 3G using HowardForums

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Public Mobile on FOX News (Business) Talking About WIND Mobile
    By Gordon Gartrell in forum Freedom Mobile (previously Wind Mobile)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 11-01-2015, 06:53 PM
  2. Public Mobile How is Public Mobile still around???
    By TCom in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 10:25 PM
  3. Public Mobile public mobile pay
    By PRODUO1 in forum TELUS/Koodo/Public Mobile
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 11:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks