Infuse
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Arrow DELL Venue: My Initial impressions

While I am waiting on Moto Atrix.. I wanted to try DELL Venue. Ordered over the weekend, received it yesterday. I used N1, X10a, Captivate, Milestone before .. so I love Andriod. But as most of you, looking for a better Andriod phone!

It came with Froyo(2.2) build & 16Gb MicroSD card installed.

1) Excellent build, bit thick/heavy side. But feels good in hands. Two grills in the bottom are like in iPhone 4, one(left) for speaker & otherone for microphone.
    2) Speaker is excellent! LOUD, I never saw such a louder speaker on a CELL PHONE! Good thing is it is clear, doesn't muffle or crackle even at high volume. Very impressive!
    2) RF/Call quality, is excellent! Ear piece volume is very HIGH even at one notch! Again very impressive! At 5 notches it sounds like a speaker phone! Caller could hear me very well.
    3) Battery life is decent. I was able to get through my day easily today. Battery lasted for 14 hrs 30 mins. With an hr calls, 25 mins of GPS, ~3 hrs of music, 30 mins of browsing, 5-6 mins of camera. 30 mins of emails, Exchange(using Nitrodesk/Touchdown app) & gmail was on all day. Weather bug, battery percentage widgets running in the background.
    4) UI: Is fast, no hiccups whatsoever.
    5) GPS: It is spot on, no issues with navigation. I hated it on Captivate!
    6) There is a silence key on the left side of the phone(like in ip4), comes handy.
    7) The softkeys(back, menu & home) on the bottom are very responsive, but they are kind of big & spoil the look of the phone.
    8) Music quality: Is very good through speaker & 3.5mm. I was able to use Bose in ear headset with microphone which was made for ip4 & was able to pause/FF using the remote button on the headset. Worked well for phone function as well.
    9) Power button is the top right, almost at the corner. I feel it is small & flat. Wish it was bit raised.
    10) Volume buttons are kinda slippery as they are shiny like the sides of the phone. But they have very good tactle feedback.
    11) Screen is bright & crisp. But not as good as Captivate's screen as it is Super AMOLED. But it is as good as in any other AMOLED screen phone.
    12) Camera: Is a disappointment. It activates with the long press of the camera button. It is very quick, activates in less than a sec. But, it takes blurry pics most of the time. Your hands have to be sturdy after you take the picture. But pics come out blurry 60-70% of the time. I am going to play with the settings tomorrow & try it again.

That's all for now!

Device(s)
    HTC Nexus One (May 10 - Present)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T (July 07 - Present);
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    How does it compare to the other android phones you've owned? Where do you rank it?

Device(s)
    Infuse
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    I would rate this better than N1, x10, milestone but captivate is still better despite non working GPS due to it's excellent camera. This phone doesn't offer anything substantial compared to those phones, so I would not recommend if you own any of them.

Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    does the phone show up in OLAM?

I curious if att detects and forces a data plan.

Device(s)
    Infuse
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by pkh View Post
    does the phone show up in OLAM?

I curious if att detects and forces a data plan.
    Sorry I can't check it as I used it on corporate account where I can't access. But, I am pretty sure at&t will detect & force the data plan.