Thread: Questions about getting straight answers re: U-verse

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score

Questions about getting straight answers re: U-verse

I have maybe an odd situation. I can't get DSL. There's no DSLAM in the phone junction box at the end of our street. However, ATT just installed a VRAD, so I can get U-verse. I have my landline phone the with the features I want, which includes a RingMaster number for my FAX. I only want to add high speed data. One Mbps is fast enough. I don't care about and don't want TV.
    So, I got an e-mail telling me that U-verse was available in my area. I went to the ATT website to investigate. Got invited to online chat, went 'round and 'round in circles trying to get the rep to give me straight answers. Gave up and decided to try another day. Yesterday, came a knock on the door. ATT rep selling U-verse. I invite him in and tell him what I want. Tell him my current total phone bill is about $45/mo and I'd like to add just data. He tells me that's great and he'll fix me right up. When I ask how much it will cost he first gives me the base rate but I ask "What's that with taxes and fees?" It came out to $95/month. "But you're getting 12 Mbps!" He says. I reply, "I don't care. I didn't invite you in here to double my phone bill. Aren't there other packages?" He replies, "Well, that's all I can sell you." He didn't make a sale with me.
    Why do they make the U-verse packaging so complicated and the sales system so dumb? Is there a way to get straight answers and honest pricing?
    I'm really frustrated with this. If it weren't for the fact that I have an alarm system tied to the lindline I'd just ditch it and go with cable.
    Donald Newcomb

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    Why do they make the U-verse packaging so complicated and the sales system so dumb? Is there a way to get straight answers and honest pricing? I'm really frustrated with this. If it weren't for the fact that I have an alarm system tied to the lindline I'd just ditch it and go with cable.
    those sales reps are contractors and make money based on the package they sell... the higher the package the more $$ they make.. they are not going to waste their time on selling you the cheapest package which only puts $17 in their pocket... where as the highest package pockets them $95...
    And FYI, they really don't give 2 sh*ts about giving you straight up answers or informing you about prices that they quote you are only good for 6 or 12 months....
    Its AT$T for you.. they don't care about their employee's, let alone their paying customers...

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Well, ATT went bankrupt once. As far as I'm concerned they can do it again.

Feedback Score
    well at$t is always behind on everything... They don't like to spend $$ to make $$, they wait and expect the $$ to come in b4 they invest on newer technology or to even keep up with newer technology...
    It seems to me that they think their "NAME" says it all and that their "NAME" sells their service and that their "NAME" will keep them alive..

Device(s)
    Motorola v505 v551 t730 v65p V3m w755 Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I know at one point they would allow you to cancel the TV portion and just keep the internet. This was a huge topic over at uverserusers awhile back. I have had Uverse for about 4 years and they will credit the heck out of your account if you have an issue. There were people who had the TV installed and deactivated immediately without a question from ol Big Blue...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by swordmasterblac View Post
    I know at one point they would allow you to cancel the TV portion and just keep the internet. This was a huge topic over at uverserusers awhile back.
    they had this same problem with basic DSL... they refused to offer you internet only DSL.. You HAD to have a house phone to get internet.. and obviously we know house phones are a thing of the past and people dont need them anymore... but yet AT$T refused to sell you internet only... so they said, F*** Y** im going to the catv company, they will give me internet only...
    So after a few yrs the top officials over at AT$T finally realized how much $$ the company was loosing over their $greedy$ butts, apparently a company wide email was sent out about learning about the loss of revenue about not offering internet only... Apparently they was replaying back the recorded conversations from those reps that were not making $$ to see how they can fire them... and they realized how many people were calling in about internet only and how many we was turning down due to $greed$...
    so they changed the rules and started to offer internet only... I guess Uverse learned from AT$T's same mistakes hehe...

Now AT$T is giving out SELF INSTALL Uverse kits and 99.5% of those are coming back as trouble tickets cause they cant get it to work right... This is what happens when AT$T tries to NOT send out a premise tech to install it right the 1st time...

Device(s)
    Motorola v505 v551 t730 v65p V3m w755 Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    after my initial install, i had pretech out at least 5 more times to get everything squared away. I can only imagine the chaos the kits are causing... lol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by swordmasterblac View Post
    I can only imagine the chaos the kits are causing... lol
    AT$T = Quantity over Quality