Thread: Will there any issues if my friend picks up an E71 for me?

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Will there any issues if my friend picks up an E71 for me?

My local Walmart is out of the E71 and said they don't know if/when they will get more in stock. They actually said that the supplier is also out of stock.

There is a Walmart about 100 miles down the road from me that (according to their website) has them in stock. I have a friend that will be driving through that Walmart on his way home (next door to me). If I ask him to stop at that Walmart and purchase the phone for me, will I run into any issues?

When he purchases it, does it have to be registered to him at the time?
    Would it be better to have him pay cash, so if I have issues with the phone, it'll be easier to return (if I have to)?
    Can you think of any downfalls to this?

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    Just get him to purchase it for you with a $45 card and you'll be good to go when he gets home with it. Just bust it open and follow the directions.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    So, there is no registration or anything needed at the time of purchase? I thought I read that the Walmart person scans the phone and everything.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brownnugen View Post
    So, there is no registration or anything needed at the time of purchase? I thought I read that the Walmart person scans the phone and everything.
    They must scan it so ST will know that it was not taken without payment. The phone could be in New York and you could activate it from California.

Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brownnugen View Post
    They do scan it. But that is just for inventory purposes. The phone is not registered to anyone till it's activated.
    PLEASE, don't PM me with questions that could and should be answered in the open forum. Then everyone can benefit from the answer, and you will get more than "one" opinion... Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    The registeration of the phone comes at the time it is activated. It`s doubtful ST would look back at the purchase and see your friends Credit Card Info. If returned to Walmart they may scan the receipt and it automatically put the refund on the Credit Card used for the purchase. I have been refused a credit to another CC or a cash refund of a CC purchase.

Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    ok this is a moot point now that I called the Walmart and they say they are out of stock now. Too bad for me. I will just have to wait for it now.