Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to flash a droid x to revol?

Carrier(s)
    Revol (Flashed myself)
    Feedback Score

How to flash a droid x to revol?

I used this link to flash it over. It worked besided the point i need to change the esn...
    http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...-metropcs.html

For every @myblahblah.com
    Put (your number)@myrevol.com

Wap setting are:
    Wap.revol.us
    Username: (your number)
    Password: revol

revol prls:
    (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5ln8lsmb6o8313z)

Update zip for mms. Just reboot in recovery and applie.
    http://android.grdlock.net/index.php...ible/Token419&

Just make sure you goto a revol store so they do a esn change and put you in there system.
    Last edited by fifiknw; 03-10-2011 at 08:06 PM. Reason: To make this the main post on how to flash it.

Feedback Score
    The only way to get it onto revol I'd by having them put the esn in their system

Sent from my iPod touch 2G using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    Revol (Flashed myself)
    Feedback Score
    Can someone find a newer version of cdma workshop 2.7 thats cracked. Like v3.x or higher? Yes I know. I talked to a revol rep. They just said to tell the mIn revol store that some side store flashed it.

Carrier(s)
    Revol (Flashed myself)
    Feedback Score
    Found a newer version of cdma workshop
    http://www.4shared.com/file/SFwNhhUR...kshop_355.html

But need
    It cracked. For the hardware id.

Carrier(s)
    Revol (Flashed myself)
    Feedback Score
    How do you unlock the nvm folder?

Carrier(s)
    Revol (Flashed myself)
    Feedback Score
    btw they will gladdy add the esn. My esn was just bad. It's like 10 or 15 dollars to get the esn change.

Carrier(s)
    Revol (Flashed myself)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fifiknw View Post
    I used this link to flash it over. It worked besided the point i need to change the esn...
    http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/dr...-metropcs.html

For every @myblahblah.com
    Put (your number)@myrevol.com

Wap setting are:
    Wap.revol.us
    Username: (your number)
    Password: revol

revol prls:
    (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5ln8lsmb6o8313z)

Update zip for mms. Just reboot in recovery and applie.
    http://android.grdlock.net/index.php...ible/Token419&

Just make sure you goto a revol store so they do a esn change and put you in there system.
    Say buh-bye to VZW: Flashing your Droid X to Cricket or MetroPCS
    Feel like giving Verizon the finger and taking your DX somewhere else? Yes, you can! When I made my introduction post and stated I was flashing the phone to Cricket, someone asked me to write up a guide. My DX is now working 100%, so I thought I would post how I did it.

There was originally a guide written by Kryptonit3 at myrootedandroid.com, but the site has been down for over a month now. I was lucky enough to find a cashed version on Google, but who knows how long that will last, and some of the information was out of date. So I decided to update the info and post it here.

First of all, make a backup of your ROM and data. There is already a great guide on this site, so I'm not going to reinvent the wheel. I'm also going to assume you have at least a working knowledge of menus and such.

Here is what you will need:

(hardware)
    Rooted Droid X
    USB data cable

(software)
    HW Virtual Serial Port
    CDMA Workshop 2.7 or 3.5
    QPST

Let me explain a bit about CDMA phones and how they work. With GSM phones, all the data the phone needs to make and receive calls is stored in the SIM card. With CDMA phones, it is saved in various settings in the phone, and in a software file called a PRL, short for Preferred Roaming List.

When you dial *228 and do over the air programming, the phone makes a data call to the nearest tower and refreshes these settings, and the PRL. These settings are independent of the ROM. That's why the phone doesn't forget stuff like the phone number and that it's a Verizon phone when you flash the ROM.

Both CDMA Workshop and QPST have a ton of settings and can royally screw up your phone if you mess with the wrong ones. DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES TO ANY OTHER SETTINGS UNLESS YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

Now let's get started...

Section 1: Creating a COM Port for Your DX

For this part, I'm just going to quote Kryptonit3, since it's exactly the same.

1. Boot the phone up regularly without the cable attached. There is no special button to press while booting.
    2. Connect the phone to the PC with a USB data cable.
    3. Slide down the notification bar and click on USB Connection row.
    4. Make sure the phone is set to PC Mode
    5. If you have the Android SDK kit on the PC the drivers should install automatically, or be pulled from the phone. If not there are some attached to this post.
    6. Now Download and Install HW Virtual Serial Port HERE.
    7. Once you have it downloaded and installed open it up.
    8. Click the Login button. The password should automatically be filled in and click OK.
    9. Go to the Settings tab and make sure that NVT Enabled is unchecked and go back to the Virtual Serial Port tab.
    10. To be safe, pick a COM port above 8.
    11. Make sure the IP Address field reads 192.168.16.2 and the Port field reads 11008
    12. Click the Create COM button and after a few moments you should now have successfully created a COM port for your Droid X.

If you get Error in the LAN Status field then you have not successfully installed the drivers for the phone, or the phone is not set in PC Mode.

You can now use CDMA Workshop or QPST with the port you have created.
    Section 2: Downloading Files You Need

1.) Download a PRL for your carrier. Just google the name of your carrier and EVDO prl. It doesn't really matter how old the PRL you download is. Just get one, and save the file.

2.) Next step is to get the NV settings for your number. You generate the file HERE. In the first box, type "[email protected]" for Cricket, or "[email protected]" depending on your carrier. Type your phone number in place of xxxxxxxxxx. Select your version of CDMA Workshop using the radio buttons, and click the "Generate" button. It will generate a .txt file with a name that starts with your phone number. Save the file.

3.) Now you need to download the .zip file with the carrier MMS settings. Download the file HERE. It's for the Eris, but works fine for the DX. I used Cricket v10 with Gummy Jar 2.5 and had no issues.

Section 3: CDMA Workshop

You can find CDMA Workshop online. It's paid software that costs $99, or you can look for a cracked version. This guide uses version 2.7. The latest one might be slightly different, but the settings should still be the same.

2.) Open CDMA Workshop. On the "Main" tab, look for COM Settings (AT mode). Click the drop down box next to Port: and select the COM port you created. Click the "Connect" button at the bottom. It should say "Connected to COM <whatever> port successfully" in the bottom left corner.

3.) Click the "Security" tab. Under the SPC box, there will be a drop down menu and an empty box. Leave the drop down alone. Type 000000 in the box. Click the "SPC" button, then click "Send." You should see a little popup box that says the SPC is correct and the phone is unlocked. Click the "OK" button.

4.) Click the "Other" tab. In the PRL section, click the "Write" button. You will get a browse window. Browse to the location of the PRL you downloaded and click "Open."

5.) Click the "Nam" tab. Type your MIN number in the MIN field. If you don't know what it is, call your carrier and they can tell you. Sometimes it's the same as the phone number, but not always. Type your phone number in the Dir_Number field. Do not put in any spaces or dashes, and no one in front. Click the "Write" button at the bottom of the screen.

6.) Click the "Memory" tab and click the "Write" button under NV items. It will pop up a box reminding you to put in the SPC first. Click "OK" and a browse window will pop up. Browse to the .txt file you downloaded in part 2 of section 2 and click "Open." It will tell you 12 NV items have been loaded successfully.

7.) Go back to the "Main" tab and click the "Mode" button. Select "Reset" and the phone will reboot. When it comes back on, test call to *611. You should receive the customer service prompt from the new carrier. If not, try loading a different PRL.

8.) Close out of CDMA Workshop.

Section 4: QPST

When using QPST, don't let your phone go into sleep mode or it will lose connection.

1.) Open your Programs menu and go to QPST > QPST Configuration. If you do not see an active phone listed, select the "Ports" tab and click "Add New Port..." at the bottom right. Highlight the port you created for the DX, then click "OK." It should show the phone information. If it doesn't, check to make sure the DX is in PC mode.

2.) Close the window, and go back to Programs > QPST > Service Programming. Select the phone info, and click "OK." On the new window that pops up, click the "Read from Phone" button on the bottom left. A box will pop up asking for the SPC, but it already has 000000 in it, so just click "OK" and a blue progress bar will start creeping across the top left part of the screen. It might take a few minutes to finish.

3.) Click the "M.IP" tab. Select the entry for your phone, then click the "Edit" button. Make sure the NAI and Tethered NAI both read [email protected] or [email protected]. Your phone number should take the place of the xxxxxxxxxx. Home address, Primary HA address, and Secondary HA address should all be 0.0.0.0. If they aren't, change them. Click the "OK" button. While you're on the M.IP tab, make sure the Mobile IP behavior drop down is set to "Mob + Simp f/back" and Active User is set to 0.

4.) Select the "PPP Config" tab and click the "Um" button. Tethered NAI and User ID should be the same as they were in the M.IP tab. The Req PW box should be checked. In the password field, type in either "cricket" or "metropcs" depending on your carrier. Click the "AN" button, and make sure the USR ID is the [email protected] or [email protected]. The Req PW box should be checked, and the password is the same as it was for the Um tab. Tethered NAI should be blank and grayed out.

5.) Click the "Write to Phone" button on the bottom of the screen. It may take a few minutes, and the phone may reboot. When it comes back up, you should have web access.

Section 5: MMS Settings

There's an extensive thread on this HERE so I'm just going to briefly cover it.

1.) Download the .zip file for your carrier from the links in the thread. No registration is required. Save the .zip file onto your SD card.

2.) Use the boot loader of your choice to get into the boot menu and run the zip file. I used Droid X Bootstrapper from Clockwork. You can download it off the Android Market. Run the .zip file from the boot loader screen and reboot. MMS should be working after the phone comes back up. If not, register on the Eris forum and ask for help.

Congrats! You now have a DX without VZW!

Carrier(s)
    Revol (Flashed myself)
    Feedback Score
    Theres a couple links that dont work. You can go here cause i reposted the new links here (http://fifiknw.webs.com/apps/forums/...yother-network).

Feedback Score
    it seems that setting primary&secondary HA to 255.255.255.255 works better -then using this tool i believe you can find out what you should use and set primary
    http://www.dslreports.com/mspeed?whoami=1&w=
    let me know if i am wrong tho
    using that link (while using 255x4 as HA connected to mobile broadband) i set my primary HA to

Carrier(s)
    Revol (Flashed myself)
    Feedback Score
    MY sites been Changed:
    http://z4cellforums.webs.com/

Feedback Score

Red face

looks like the tool i posted is just like an ipconfig or something like showip.net
    shows your wan address (which is more than likely the gateway your going through) makes sense to me to set HA's to gateway you get when connected to mobile broadband
    setting HA's to 255.255.255.255 will allow you to scan and pick up closest gateways that you can get though basically allowing anything as the HA the result will be different for anyone depending on the area you live in or are in at the time.

Carrier(s)
    Revol (Flashed myself)
    Feedback Score
    yeah i left it like that too but i have a fully update on how to flash it here(with mms and wap settings):

http://z4cellforums.webs.com/apps/fo.../5675104-revol

Device(s)
    Storm
    Feedback Score
    How well does Slacker and other data sensitive apps work on the Revol network?

Carrier(s)
    Revol (Flashed myself)
    Feedback Score
    Its revol so trust me its slow. But I can use the market and everything fine.
    I'm about to add on my site. The new setting I have for mms.

Feedback Score
    How does Revol add the esn besides using Houdini?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast