Thread: Making the case: Nothing better than webOS for heavy multitasking

Device(s)
    Sprint: iPhone 45-32
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up Making the case: Nothing better than webOS for heavy multitasking

I ran across this article (rather long) that I think makes the case for why WebOS is the best mobile OS out there.

I Traded My Nexus One for a Palm Pre 2 and I’m Not Going Back
    By Hervé St-Louis
    Mar 6, 2011

I did for many the impossible. Two weeks ago I traded my top of the line Nexus One, the super smart phone released by Google through Taiwanese manufacturer HTC for the Palm Pre 2 released by Hewlett Packard (HP). And guess what? I have never been so productive with a smartphone and I’ve played with the best smartphones the world has to offer from Apple to Google....

http://www.comicbookbin.com/I_traded...lm_Pre001.html
    That said, most people don't do enough multitasking to appreciate the advantages.
    iPhone 4S-32: Sprint SERO............Palm Pixi Plus: Page Plus ..............HP Pre3: AT&T GoPhone
    talk smart WB2YGF

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I've been reading up on it too, and it generally gets really great marks from people. I like it a lot, but as you said, appreciating how well it multi-tasks is kind of a "power-use" aspect that the majority won't experience.

I had a short intro to WebOS with the Pixi, and liked the OS and other Palm touches so much I'm going further and getting a Pre Plus! Should arrive in a day or so. Pretty impressive phone, but my usage is non-critical, as I'm doing PAYGO on PPC. But you've gotta occasionally feed the addiction, you know what I mean? I've had the lid on it for a while and now it's coming out.