Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: HTC ThunderBolt release thread

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    Instead of using an app, that may for may not work right with the phone, you can dial *#*#4636#*#* and do the same thing from there, turn the radio on and off, or change from "CDMA + LTE/EVDO" that looks for 4G first then 3G and 1X, "CDMA Auto" that uses just 3G and 1X, or "LTE only" that will only use 4G.
    I installed Phone Info too. I was under the impression that the app merely does the *#*#4636#*#* thing. Am I misinformed?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That's what I read in a post somewhere that Phone Info mearly dials *#*4636#*#*. While there I tried changing the dropdown for the preferred network type. Changing it didn't fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by crain View Post
    Another way to toggle the radio side is airplane mode.
    I was not aware of that. Thanks for the tip. I'm still getting used to the change from a BlackBerry.
    Chris

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MillForce2K View Post
    That's what I read in a post somewhere that Phone Info mearly dials *#*4636#*#*. While there I tried changing the dropdown for the preferred network type. Changing it didn't fix the problem.

I was not aware of that. Thanks for the tip. I'm still getting used to the change from a BlackBerry.
    Did you try that other tip about turning off data roaming and setting to home only?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I looked and the option was already off. Don't know if it was off when I got the phone or if I turned it off somewhere along the way.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    For a device that is supposed to be the best smartphone and newest smartphone on Verizon, it should not be having this problem with a buzzing earpiece. My 1st one it was very noticeable, while the 2nd one is not that noticeable at medium levels, but can hear it if set to high. What's interesting is that the other 3 phones I have here (Droid X, iPhone 4, LG Clout VX8370) all sound clear and don't have the buzzing even when set to high volume.
    I went through about 5 brand new droid X's and now about 6 FRU's - I have only found 2 moto droid X's that do not have a buzzing noise at louder volumes (it sounds like the ear piece gets too loud for the phone to handle). I think this is an issue with many different phones.

Device(s)
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I, too, have the buzzing earpiece. I'm going to call my lady friend soon and will try out different volumes, and if it's throughout the volume range, I'll definitely see if I can get a replacement.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pimfram View Post
    I, too, have the buzzing earpiece. I'm going to call my lady friend soon and will try out different volumes, and if it's throughout the volume range, I'll definitely see if I can get a replacement.
    what is considered a buzzing earpiece to you guys? is it a buzzing noise in the background during all of your calls or what is it considered? is it only when someone speaks?

I have played with several different thunderbolts and have found there are 2 types:

1. lower volume table
    2. extreme powerful high volume table

my htc thunderbolt is louder on my lowest setting, than my droid X was on its highest. its volume is astonishing.

Device(s)
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It sounds like either the speaker is distorting, or something is vibrating. My volume seems to be about right, I have it on medium and it's about perfect, so I don't think I have the super high volume version.

I'll make a couple more calls to make sure it wasn't a flue, but I plan on bringing it back next week at the latest.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I bought the Thunderbolt on it release date, and I can honestly say I love this phone. My previous phone was an Omnia 2, but now it feels like I've finally gotten a real smartphone. I am in an LTE area and the 4G seems pretty good. The only issues I have with this phone is the constant force close on the Pandora app, of course-the battery life, the high sensitivity of the screen...sometimes when I click a name in my inbox to send a reply to it somehow ends up on someone else and I wind up sending the sms to the wrong person. other than that, no complaints-love it!

It's not a phone, it's an intergalactic war tool...

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Mines is pretty loud, when I sit it on a table with kickstand out, it sounds like I have a small table top radio.

Device(s)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Another thing I noticed is that compared to my Droid X - the colors are much more saturated and vibrant.

I went to a Verizon tore today to see what this buzzing in the headpiece was about and I think I understand. On their demo units, I dialed *611 and just let it ring. Even when ti was ringing it was like the earpiece was too powerful for the phone and as the robotic lady talked, she had a buzzing on her words. This precede through almost all volume levels. My phone def does not have this so I understand the issue now.

This is a the same exact issue I suffered on my Droid X on many many units. I do have to say I enjoy the louder volume unit. At its loudest volume, its perfect for walking in the city as you can hear the person you are speaking too extremely clear
    Last edited by backdown00; 04-18-2011 at 01:34 PM.

Device(s)
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Got my replacement today. Only bad thing is the replacement seems to have poor connectivity to the network, and when it does connect, the LTE speeds aren't nearly what they were on my first phone. Getting 10% of the upload speed I was getting before sure doesn't sound normal to me.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If you're basing your upload speeds off of the speedtest.net app, they updated it today so that the Thunderbolt upload speeds are corrected (meaning they no longer show up in the 30s).

Device(s)
    HTC ThunderBolt
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Oh, all right. But I still get intermittent connectability. My other phone never dropped LTE signal, and this one has it about as often as it doesn't.

Device(s)
    LG VX 8600-LG THE BEST
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

HTC thunderbolt

Anyone have a clue if the thunderbolt a single core phone will be getting ice cream sandwich update ????

Sent from my ADR6400L using HowardForums
    Currently Running BAMF Cubed on My Quietly Rooted Thunderbolt

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast