Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Wind Mobile Canada really worth 6 Billion??????

Carrier(s)
    BELL Canada
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Is Wind Mobile Canada really worth 6 Billion??????

I am shocked to hear that this Russian deal over Wind mobile canada is worth 6 Billion....how many of you actually think that wind mobile is worth 6Billion deal? I think thats just overpriced! Just my opinion...

Device(s)
    Smartphone
    Carrier(s)
    Patience is a Virtue
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think you are mistsken.....they are buying the parent company of Wind Mobile not the Canadian Wind Mobile.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app
    Osu

Device(s)
    Nexus 6p and Iphone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    They are a debt holder technically. Not an owner.

Carrier(s)
    BELL Canada
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ohh okay that clarifies it. Thanks!!

Device(s)
    Tour 9630
    Carrier(s)
    Doesn't ring a bell...Tell us nothing...Bunch of robbers!...It's pronouce fee-dough...
    Feedback Score
    The title of the article is misleading.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thymaster View Post
    The title of the article is misleading.
    it wasn't misleading to the OP who was misunderstood and now corrected.

Device(s)
    Nokia E72 X10
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers/Vodafone.DE O2.DE Cellcom Fido
    Feedback Score
    The deal is for OT or Orascom Telecom, that and a 20 billion debt load. Some reports have labeled Wind.ca as being owned by Orascom but Globalive has yet to comment. It is a pretty safe bet that Wind.ca is part of the deal, with more and more details coming out it will be interesting if it indeed does go all the way through.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...72G2SX20110317

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rockjock View Post
    The deal is for OT or Orascom Telecom, that and a 20 billion debt load. Some reports have labeled Wind.ca as being owned by Orascom but Globalive has yet to comment. It is a pretty safe bet that Wind.ca is part of the deal, with more and more details coming out it will be interesting if it indeed does go all the way through.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...72G2SX20110317
    Looks like it's only a matter of when and not if at this point. And agree with Tony on the blog:

“This is great news for us. Our partner, Orascom, will be even larger and stronger as a financial partner. This gives us more leverage and increased scale with telecom network equipment manufacturers and more importantly, for devices including handsets and tablets. This will also give us more access to international cooperation for roaming and long distance services. All of that means the ability to deliver even more value to all of our customers.”

Seems like good news. Shouldn't be too long before they use this new found power to their advantage.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mkomkomko View Post
    Seems like good news. Shouldn't be too long before they use this new found power to their advantage.
    Can you explain more than this.

Feedback Score
    Whether Globalive's Wind Mobile owernership in Canada is changing hands depends on if you believe that Orascom owns them.

On paper, Orascom is nothing more than owner of the Wind trademark and Globalive is using the trademark to conduct business (essentially a franchise). An argument could be made that Orascom is calling the shots and has control of Canada's Wind Mobile because of the large amount owed to Orascom and because Globalive wouldn't want Orascom to call in the debt or to withhold additional funding. This really is all a matter for the courts. I suspect that Wind really is controlled from overseas but I can't prove that.

Device(s)
    Any
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    Ugh, the only Wind ownership that's being sold is the % that Orascom owned. They didn't own ALL of Wind in Canada, just a percentage, and I forget how much.

Globalive still owns most of Wind with most control still by them.

SO

Vimplecom is merging with Orascom, and in doing so they are buying up most of their debt.
    In the end the debt that Wind owed to Orascom will now by owed to Vimplecom and the PART ownership of Wind that was owned by Orascom is now owned by the Vimplecom through Orascom will now cease to exist in it's present form.

The confusing part is that this big 6 billion buyout in this deal is for Wind ITALY brand. Not Wind Canada brand. They are two entirely different companies.

If I have anything wrong, please correct me cause I usually assume I'm wrong. lol

Device(s)
    iPhone4
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Pretty sweet deal for orascom,they got rid of 20 billion debt. And got a nice chunk of profit,and still own 20%. But the deal was for orascom telecom,which includes wind italy and wind canada and the rest of their telco like alfa and so on.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    Ugh, the only Wind ownership that's being sold is the % that Orascom owned. They didn't own ALL of Wind in Canada, just a percentage, and I forget how much.

Globalive still owns most of Wind with most control still by them.

SO

Vimplecom is merging with Orascom, and in doing so they are buying up most of their debt.
    In the end the debt that Wind owed to Orascom will now by owed to Vimplecom and the PART ownership of Wind that was owned by Orascom is now owned by the Vimplecom through Orascom will now cease to exist in it's present form.

The confusing part is that this big 6 billion buyout in this deal is for Wind ITALY brand. Not Wind Canada brand. They are two entirely different companies.

If I have anything wrong, please correct me cause I usually assume I'm wrong. lol
    There isn't a Wind Italy or Wind Canada brand. It's just WIND and it's owned by Wind Italy, but used in Canada and Greece as well. They.

If you look at the logo on Wind's Italy site, it's identical to the one in use here. From Wind.ca "WIND is a brand of Wind Telecomunicazione, an operating unit of Weather Investments s.p.A., and its customer base shares a very similar profile with our primary target segment."
    Formerly FidoFan

Feedback Score
    I would suggest Tony has no say in any of this and it's probably not good news in the long run. These guys are buying mostly debt so eventually they will want to get some return...I am sure they will look into selling Wind in Canada if they can.
    Also, Tony said the same BS about getting better handsets and products before when they were starting out...their handsets are pretty much garbage.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lip2000 View Post
    I would suggest Tony has no say in any of this and it's probably not good news in the long run. These guys are buying mostly debt so eventually they will want to get some return...I am sure they will look into selling Wind in Canada if they can.
    Also, Tony said the same BS about getting better handsets and products before when they were starting out...their handsets are pretty much garbage.
    Lol Tony acts like he's Steve Jobs. He's really just a broken iPod on loop.

Sent from my iPhone using the HowardForums App

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast